• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 Second Expansion: Path of Fire - September 22

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I never bought the first expansion :(

SHAME SHAME SHAME

Might get this, just none of my friends play so it gets boring

Finnroth

As an old GW1 veteran, I am kind of tempted to get into GW2, Elona brings back some really good memories :D Is the game still active?

Keasar

The mounts looks cool but I was not a fan of the grindy mastery system in Heart of Thorns, I got through the main story but I had barely managed to level up a 20th of the total masteries, didn't even max the glider abilities even though I really tried.

Does this mean that the first expansion will become free for everyone? I was always kind of miffed that about a month or two after buying the base game they made it free and only charged for the expansion. Meant I never bought or played through it.

Ashodin

Guardian: FIREBRAND
Necromancer: SCOURGE
Sniper: DEADEYE
Mesmer: MIRAGE
Elementalist: WEAVER
Warrior: SPELLBREAKER
Ranger: SOULBEAST
Revenant: RENEGADE
Engineer: HOLOSMITH

Tregard

Soothsayer
Does this mean that the first expansion will become free for everyone? I was always kind of miffed that about a month or two after buying the base game they made it free and only charged for the expansion. Meant I never bought or played through it.

Here's hoping, I just finished the base story in GW2 and it would be real nice if I didn't have to buy Heart of Thorns

Cels

Here's hoping, I just finished the base story in GW2 and it would be real nice if I didn't have to buy Heart of Thorns

idk, i wouldn't be surprised if it went the other way, everyone who buys xp2 gets xp1 as well, the f2p base game unchanged

Keasar

September 22nd is the release date.

A bit disappointing with no new weapons or races to play, wanna know what happened with the Tengu. :(

j-wood

Seems like you have to buy heart of thorns. Said there is a special bundle you can purchase for both of them.

Confirmed at checkout on guildwars2.com

Both expansions for $49.99

Massicot

UEdk1Ee.jpg

Lucifon

Wait...it doesn't include the first expansion by default? What ever happened to them saying all expansions will include previous ones? Pretty lame to go out on their word after the first hurdle.

B00TE

Well, guess I'm in for this. I'll go ahead and preorder it here soonish, dunno what I'll use the max level boost on lol.

Swhalen

Every time I try to go back to the game I can't get used to how slow the movement feels. I'm very happy they are adding mounts.

Top Bottom