• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Naite

Decided to get the jpn version to get an early look at Raven and Kum. Some random shit I noticed:

• Versus has handicap settings. guess this'll help when playing with my friends who are all complete ass at fighting games.
  • Looks like they took out all the annoying parts of Sign's M.O.M mode. No more CPU opponents with stupid amounts of armor, no more grid full of enemies that you need to unlock, and no more managing keys and scrambling to open treasure chests at the end of a match. Just select your opponent from the character select screen and go.
  • Unless I'm doing it wrong, you still need to enter a lobby to create a player match room.
  • I really hate these online avatars

Sayad

Do we know if they'll be more DLC characters besides Dizzy coming later?

We don't, probably not tho...
Think there's a big chance we're getting more DLC characters before the next retail release. They're already teasing an upcoming balance patch and the rest of story mode, adding some more characters alongside those sound very tempting. Also, seeing how many players bought Leo in SIGN, it's probably a good idea to have more than one DLC character.

miku

Think there's a big chance we're getting more DLC characters before the next retail release. They're already teasing an upcoming balance patch and the rest of story mode, adding some more characters alongside those sound very tempting. Also, seeing how many players bought Leo in SIGN, it's probably a good idea to have more than one DLC character.

Don't think too positively, Sayad!!

Because ARC never released more than 3 DLC characters for their console releases...

Deimo5

Decided to get the jpn version to get an early look at Raven and Kum. Some random shit I noticed:

• Looks like they took out all the annoying parts of Sign's M.O.M mode. No more CPU opponents with stupid amounts of armor, no more grid full of enemies that you need to unlock, and no more managing keys and scrambling to open treasure chests at the end of a match. Just select your opponent from the character select screen and go.

Does this change how the cpu has special attributes and how you unlock your own skills and accessories?
I noticed there is a level 50 trophy instead of reaching max class now and nothing for collecting all the items. Sorry, I just ended up playing a lot of M.O.M in Sign.

Naite

Does this change how the cpu has special attributes and how you unlock your own skills and accessories?
I noticed there is a level 50 trophy instead of reaching max class now and nothing for collecting all the items. Sorry, I just ended up playing a lot of M.O.M in Sign.

CPU still has special attributes and some new ones. One cpu I fought kept getting mortal countered on their last life bar and another had a maxed out risc gauge that kept regenerating after each combo. Unlocking items is pretty much the same but now they list the items and give you a percentage chance of you getting it instead of ????.

I was totally wrong about there being no master keys. When the opponent was low on health, I was given the prompt to press P+K+S+H, which kills off the opponent and uses up the key. It boosts the percentage of getting items by around 50%.

miku

Revelator's lobbies at night

Cjed66JUoAAE-0I.jpg

Cjed7LDUUAEyp_J.jpg

Cjed7fpVAAEs3UB.jpg

Cjed7wKVAAA0l7R.jpg

From Kazunoko

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Super late to the OT but I'm hella hyped for this. Probably the only game that will be able to take my attention from Overwatch. I played it on the arcade last year when I visited Japan and I just can't wait to play Jam again! :D

EDIT: Miku, I sent you a PM regarding the OT. Please check your messages! :D

Nope, just that they are still arguing about how to balance out her old awesome look while adding new elements to it since they don't want to disappoint past GG fans
Holy crap, they haven't even designed her yet? -_-

Dizzy could look the same and everyone would happy. Even the invisodick.

NEO0MJ

Holy crap, they haven't even designed her yet? -_-

Dizzy could look the same and everyone would happy. Even the invisodick.

I hope she looks less Like a stripper :p

I always felt it was a strange outfit considering her personality and position. If parts of her body were used for attacks it would make sense but other than arms, wings and tail nothing else transforms if I'm not mistaken.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

I always felt it was a strange outfit considering her personality and position. If parts of her body were used for attacks it would make sense but other than arms, wings and tail nothing else transforms if I'm not mistaken.

I think Testament gave her the outfit, and it's in line with his fashion sense (lol)

Sayad

So, apparently, the game wont only not have English dub for story mode, but none at all even during battle, English VA from SIGN have been taken out. This is heart breaking, really loved I-No's VA.

miku

Super late to the OT but I'm hella hyped for this. Probably the only game that will be able to take my attention from Overwatch. I played it on the arcade last year when I visited Japan and I just can't wait to play Jam again! :D

EDIT: Miku, I sent you a PM regarding the OT. Please check your messages! :D

Done! Just finished making this to go with it :D

XXWeFme.png

miku

Patch 1.01 is out

Added new story (Chapter 06+) to story mode, changes to the opening movie, added sort by date to replay data, and other bug fixes

Edit: Double post whoops

Eolz

Patch 1.01 is out

Added new story (Chapter 06+) to story mode, changes to the opening movie, added sort by date to replay data, and other bug fixes

Edit: Double post whoops

Wow, seems like a good first patch!

This patch give us the rest of the story mode, chapter 6, 7, 8 and final chapter. Already watched it and is epic stuff, best story mode ever, not only because how is done but also because the story is good and makes sense, yes Mori I'm looking at you and your Blazblue.

Sayad

I'm gonna post this here since I already uploaded it, Burst ODs are great at making that final stretch for the kill since scaling doesn't affect them as much as it does other moves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYhM9-qzYk0

I guess this is a big nerf for lower health characters.

This patch give us the rest of the story mode, chapter 6, 7, 8 and final chapter. Already watched it and is epic stuff, best story mode ever, not only because how is done but also because the story is good and makes sense, yes Mori I'm looking at you and your Blazblue.
How would you compare it to SIGN's?

mr_chun

Never really followed this series before, but I watched a little bit of the tournament at Momocon. This game is gorgeous in motion, really fun to watch.

I'm gonna post this here since I already uploaded it, Burst ODs are great at making that final stretch for the kill since scaling doesn't affect them as much as it does other moves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYhM9-qzYk0

I guess this is a big nerf for lower health characters.

How would you compare it to SIGN's?

Difficult to say, the last 3 episodes of Revelator are epic but the story starts slow. To be honest both have their pros and cons, sorry I can't give you a proper answer but I love both of them. Probably Revelator story mode has better direction.

wwm0nkey

Difficult to say, the last 3 episodes of Revelator are epic but the story starts slow. To be honest both have their pros and cons, sorry I can't give you a proper answer but I love both of them. Probably Revelator story mode has better direction.

Are there more fully animated scenes compared to SIGN?

Sayad

That's good enough answer for me. ;p

SIGN is slow but gets interesting in the last 3 or so chapters, if Rev picks up during the last 3(out of 5 chapters) then it should be good.

Are there more fully animated scenes compared to SIGN?

I think there is more, but is not like a counted them. I don't think anyone will be disappointed by the tech side or the story itself but one of the last animated scenes is pretty long but is lacking in the animation department.

if Rev picks up during the last 3(out of 5 chapters) then it should be good.

Revelator has 8 chapters plus the final chapter. 5 on disc, the rest via the last patch ;)

Korigama

I think Testament gave her the outfit, and it's in line with his fashion sense (lol)
I wouldn't know what the story reasons were, but Ishiwatari originally dressed her as he did so that she could serve as something of a lightning rod to draw fan artists away from the other females, IIRC (trying and failing to find old information to back up that claim).
This is from the story mode?
Looks like it.

Eolz

Just seen that Jam's panty technology was in, lol :p
I need to register for the matchmaking too. Wasn't there for Sign since the european version was terrible and I waited for the PC version.

Here she is !

Wow, looking good!

Slaythe

Story was epic as fuck.

Major spoiler :
- Robo Ky's body is destroyed but his head is salvaged

- Bedman apparently dies but a similar being exists

- Ky uses his gear eye power at will

- So does Sin

- Jack-O is no more, Arya is back

- THAT MAN

Great story, my only issue is how all of those changes, new abilities, characters, and what not, won't be reflected in the gameplay, ever :/ . Annoying. Not even visually lol .

Kuksune

I had completly forgot about revelator until i saw this OT thread. I have preordered it on amazon UK so i will get it the 15th or 17th of June.

Is there any changes to Potemkin at all in this new version?

DrArchon

I like Dizzy's new look. Not as revealing as the previous one (which never really fit her character), but still maintains the same general look and pattern.

That Man looks like he has cat ears. I can't unsee it.

I still want him playable more than anyone so they can bring back his Overture theme aka the best theme in the series.

Pompadour

THAT MAN
That's such an awful design for someone who is ostensibly the main villain of this franchise. Cat ears, a doily for an eyepatch, and using a giant wax seal instead of buttons for his belt-cloak. And before you think they designed a Guilty Gear character without a cross on them check out those bangs.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So...about Jack-O...
is she like, killed? Or simply transformed into Aria? Cause it seems like it would be the latter...

Top Bottom