• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

wwm0nkey

That's such an awful design for someone who is ostensibly the main villain of this franchise. Cat ears, a doily for an eyepatch, and using a giant wax seal instead of buttons for his belt-cloak. And before you think they designed a Guilty Gear character without a cross on them check out those bangs.

Well
He isn't the main villain, or really even a villain anymore from what I have heard so far

Eolz

I don't understand, everything is within the spoiler bracket, I didn't edit anything out.

Spoiler pics aren't spoilers on mobile, so that's probably that.

So...about Jack-O...
is she like, killed? Or simply transformed into Aria? Cause it seems like it would be the latter...

Apparently it's jack-o absorbing aria from what I understood in another thread. Jack-O's body with Aria's spirit or something (and red hair).

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Apparently it's jack-o absorbing aria from what I understood in another thread. Jack-O's body with Aria's spirit or something (and red hair).

Makes sense
what with jack o being part of Aria to begin with, her hair was already half red as well, so i guess in future games, Aria will be taking the place of jack o...can we say at this point that the new Aria is technically the completed form of Jack O?

BossRush

Story was epic as fuck.

Major spoiler :
- Robo Ky's body is destroyed but his head is salvaged

- Bedman apparently dies but a similar being exists

- Ky uses his gear eye power at will

- So does Sin

- Jack-O is no more, Arya is back

- THAT MAN

Great story, my only issue is how all of those changes, new abilities, characters, and what not, won't be reflected in the gameplay, ever :/ . Annoying. Not even visually lol .

GODDAMN THAT SECOND SPOILER

Eolz

Makes sense
what with jack o being part of Aria to begin with, her hair was already half red as well, so i guess in future games, Aria will be taking the place of jack o...can we say at this point that the new Aria is technically the completed form of Jack O?

Maybe there'll still be some kind of split personalities in the next game? Aria for most of the story, but mostly Jack-O during fights? Definitely a weird situation, especially for Arcsys if Jack-O becomes a fan favorite...

Naite

Finished story mode. I skimmed thru most of it since I'm waiting for the english version to fully understand everything but from what I've seen I like it more than Sign. Action scenes are a noticeable improvement from Sign. Would've been nice if certain characters got more screentime (
Dizzy shows up for like 5 seconds and does 1 thing, wtf
).

I also totally lost it when (Chapter 7 spoilers),
Gabriel and Slayer team up to take out an enemy

You get another 50,000 w$ for completing the 2nd half of story mode. Now I just need another 40,000 until I can unlock Raven.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
That's such an awful design for someone who is ostensibly the main villain of this franchise. Cat ears, a doily for an eyepatch, and using a giant wax seal instead of buttons for his belt-cloak. And before you think they designed a Guilty Gear character without a cross on them check out those bangs.

Yup. That is laughably bad.

Qvoth

holy crap that man's design is so bad for a villain
TadkV.gif

i wonder what this'll mean to jack-o in the future sequels

ShinMaruku

Maybe there'll still be some kind of split personalities in the next game? Aria for most of the story, but mostly Jack-O during fights? Definitely a weird situation, especially for Arcsys if Jack-O becomes a fan favorite...

It was really pushed in the story that the Valenines exist to bring back Aria since they are all kinda parts of her in the Akashic Records

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

I hope they do some sort of thing where their minds basically melded, Aria and Jack O are one and the same. Something like where Aria still recalls being Jack O and identifies as both personas. Then Jack O can just be a pallet or costume swap of Aria. I mean the whole reason Jack O even had those mental issues was because of her fragmented Aria memories which are now fully complete

I hope she looks less Like a stripper :p

I always felt it was a strange outfit considering her personality and position. If parts of her body were used for attacks it would make sense but other than arms, wings and tail nothing else transforms if I'm not mistaken.

I think Testament gave her the outfit, and it's in line with his fashion sense (lol)
I've always felt like Dizzy was Mrs. Freud. The reaper wing is her id, the angelic wing is her superego, and there's a hidden penis in her outfit.

Naite

Spent around 15 minutes playing with Raven and Haehyun. Raven feels really fun to pick up and play. I'm having some trouble adjusting to Haehyun because of the inputs involved. Holding back to alter his specials without holding kick or releasing the command too early feels a bit weird, and I still haven't got the timing down for his links yet. They don't see they'll be any harder than Slayer's links but I haven't gotten the time to adjust to them.

There is no chance of them getting rid of one character because something happen in the story, they will find a way.
Kliff and Justice.

To be clear, while they reappeared in the console versions as soon as XX they didn't appear in an arcade Guilty Gear game until Accent Core +R

ShinMaruku

I am going back into GG after about 6 years away from just playing it alone in my house, I hope I can have a good time playing this. I settles on Elphelt and maybe Ramlethal when I reach ground level.

Kuksune

I am going back into GG after about 6 years away from just playing it alone in my house, I hope I can have a good time playing this. I settles on Elphelt and maybe Ramlethal when I reach ground level.
You wanna fight my scrubby Potemkin? I will probably get my copy a bit later than you so you have some time to freshen up your skills :)

VariantX

Read the OP, but didn't see anything about the Christmas or PS+ colors carrying over from SIGN. Are they gone in Revelator?

Kliff and Justice.

To be clear, while they reappeared in the console versions as soon as XX they didn't appear in an arcade Guilty Gear game until Accent Core +R

We are in a different age, they are not going to bench Jack-O after one game. They will find a way to justify her presence ;)

Seyob

Read the OP, but didn't see anything about the Christmas or PS+ colors carrying over from SIGN. Are they gone in Revelator?
Nothing carries over from -SIGN-. You unlock the Xmas and PS+ colors in the Gallery or via fishing. Same goes for the System Voices apart from the new characters' ones which are DLC only.

miku

Spent around 15 minutes playing with Raven and Haehyun. Raven feels really fun to pick up and play. I'm having some trouble adjusting to Haehyun because of the inputs involved. Holding back to alter his specials without holding kick or releasing the command too early feels a bit weird, and I still haven't got the timing down for his links yet. They don't see they'll be any harder than Slayer's links but I haven't gotten the time to adjust to them.

Haehyun is a she!

Finally got bored with DOA5?

Manac0r

I have SIGN and Revelator Pre-ordered - what's the best way to access the plot/story line as someone new to the franchise. I be looked at the wiki timeline - still confused...

KiteGr

Europe are still waiting for Elphelt and Leo...

If they are not planning to give them to us in Sign edition, then at least give us a Sign skin for Elphelt in Revelator.
They are advertised everywhere as characters, but we never got them (we got the game after only a 9 month delay).

Eolz

Not filling the google docs form yet since I want to try the new characters first, but I main I-No for those interested. Also like to use Ramlethal, Elphelt and Sol on the side, even if I'm not really good with them.
Looking forward to try Jack-O and Raven, they seem really fun!

VariantX

I have SIGN and Revelator Pre-ordered - what's the best way to access the plot/story line as someone new to the franchise. I be looked at the wiki timeline - still confused...

The in-game wiki is probably the best way imho. It's everything in one place instead of being scattered across several sources.

-Read the Library in SIGN.
-Beat SIGN Arcade Mode with everyone.
-Watch SIGN Story Mode.
-Read again the Library in SIGN (New entries).

After that do the same with REVELATOR.

To make your life easy, set Arcade Mode to one round, easiest difficulty and 30 secs if you want to move quickly through the story.

SephLuis

A quick question, the japanese release already has the entire story? How many chapters there are ?

Just finished chapter 5 and it stopped D=

-Read the Library in SIGN.
-Beat SIGN Arcade Mode with everyone.
-Watch SIGN Story Mode.
-Read again the Library in SIGN (New entries).

After that do the same with REVELATOR.

To make your life easy, set Arcade Mode to one round, easiest difficulty and 30 secs if you want to move quickly through the story.

Sign has the entire story? TMYK

You know I don't think I've ever played anything but arcade and online. I'll play it all this week then.

Anyone confirm if there is English in the Japanese version this time? Can deal with waiting one more week.

If you are talking about text, the answer is no, the JP version only comes with JP text.

Sign has the entire story? TMYK

I won't say it has the whole story but a pretty good summary of characters, events, organizations and key terms to understand the previous games story, plus a timeline. Is probably the next best thing if you can't play previous games.

If you are talking about text, the answer is no, the JP version only comes with JP text.

I won't say it has the whole story but a pretty good summary of characters, events, organizations and key terms to understand the previous games story, plus a timeline. Is probably the next best thing if you can't play previous games.

Yeah, I was going through it earlier. Honestly, the whole thing is nonsensical and a reminder why fighting games don't need stories.

Still looking forward to revelator.

Yeah, I was going through it earlier. Honestly, the whole thing is nonsensical and a reminder why fighting games don't need stories.

Still looking forward to revelator.
I feel like Xrd so far has been doing an excellent job of that though. Story is exciting and easy to follow if your semi up to speed with the lore, Team Blue should take notes

Top Bottom