• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Zankoku

Neo Member
Hi, is there any regular lobby that happens here? Or do we just exchange PSNs? Looking for some people to practice this game with before EVO happens!

I main Leo.

Hi, is there any regular lobby that happens here? Or do we just exchange PSNs? Looking for some people to practice this game with before EVO happens!

I main Leo.

I'd like some Leo experience... Psn is prototype-03

Its most likely better to just ask here when we are available since the game is cross platform, we wouldn't be able to see each other if we are on different systems.

Edit: can't find your room. I'm convinced that ps4s can't find private ps3 rooms.

OceanBlue

Its most likely better to just ask here when we are available since the game is cross platform, we wouldn't be able to see each other if we are on different systems.

Edit: can't find your room. I'm convinced that ps4s can't find private ps3 rooms.

Mmm, do you want to make a room? I'm not usually making rooms so I don't know what can or can't connect to what :(.

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't get why BBCP allowed you to change the lobby settings (like best of 5) after the lobby was made but Xrd doesn't. ASW should've made it so rematch option is always on if there are only 2 people on an arcade cab. Makes it easier for whenever the other people drop out.

OceanBlue

I don't get why BBCP allowed you to change the lobby settings (like best of 5) after the lobby was made but Xrd doesn't. ASW should've made it so rematch option is always on if there are only 2 people on an arcade cab. Makes it easier for whenever the other people drop out.

Lol yeah, it would be better that way for sure.

Umm, so are you just stuck waiting if people keep rematching? If so, sorry fader! I thought it automatically doesn't rematch if there are more than two people...

Rhapsody

Banned
Lol yeah, it would be better that way for sure.

Umm, so are you just stuck waiting if people keep rematching? If so, sorry fader! I thought it automatically doesn't rematch if there are more than two people...

Yeah, if both people select rematch, the guy waiting in the queue won't get to play. Pretty silly.

Zankoku

Neo Member

Ah, didn't know you're on PS4. I'm on PS3, so I guess we'll have to find a good time to set up a lobby to get our games in.

My PSN is aisight.

As far as I know, PS4 and PS3 can only interact in lobbies or public player rooms, since they can't search each other's rooms and can't see each other online or receive invites through PSN.

OceanBlue

ggs guys! Axl feels like he's really annoying to play against lol.

What does Sol do against Sin? I'm really inexperienced in that matchup (well in most matchups but yeah :V).

As far as I know, PS4 and PS3 can only interact in lobbies or public player rooms, since they can't search each other's rooms and can't see each other online or receive invites through PSN.

Private lobbies only work if the ps4 player hosts for ps3 but not vice versa.

Sayad

I'm pretty sure PS4 players can play in private rooms hosted by PS3 players(one of the people I play with regularly is on PS3), and you can id search for them just fine. I think it's the invite thing that doesn't work with PS3 players. Usually when you can't find/enter someone's room, it's a NAT problem.

I'm pretty sure PS4 players can play in private rooms hosted by PS3 players(one of the people I play with regularly is on PS3), and you can id search for them just fine. I think it's the invite thing that doesn't work with PS3 players. Usually when you can't find/enter someone's room, it's a NAT problem.

That makes more sense. I guess I'll have to look at my router. The weird thing is that I can host but can't find theirs.

Hey guys, I'm trying to see who's going to Evo this year. I want to see if we can finally meet up and hang out. I'll also be taking a setup with me so we can get some friendlies in. I have both the PS3 and PS4 versions, so let me know if the PS4 will be an issue (I want to take CP Extend too but it's on my PS4 only).

So I just got this. Was everyone as mad as I was about the story mode not being interactive in any way? And how true is the talk about the game bombing sales wise?

Volcynika

Hey guys, I'm trying to see who's going to Evo this year. I want to see if we can finally meet up and hang out. I'll also be taking a setup with me so we can get some friendlies in. I have both the PS3 and PS4 versions, so let me know if the PS4 will be an issue (I want to take CP Extend too but it's on my PS4 only).

I am going! I know I haven't been active lately, but I still <3 GG.

Laputa_94

Hey Guilty Gear GAF I have a question. I picked the game up yesterday from the fighting game sale on psn and I was wondering, does it still does not support PS3 sticks and if not is there any other way to be able to use a ps3 stick with the game?

Hey Guilty Gear GAF I have a question. I picked the game up yesterday from the fighting game sale on psn and I was wondering, does it still does not support PS3 sticks and if not is there any other way to be able to use a ps3 stick with the game?

ps4 version doesnt support ps3 sticks. Not sure about converters. You could pad hack a ps4 pad into your stick but I hear it's kinda rough

NEO0MJ

Tough luck if you don't have a PS4 stick. Using converters is out of the question, they cause too much lag. Only fix I can imagine is buying a cheap PS4 stick (unless you can buy them separately) and soldering its PCB instead of your PS3 stick's one.

Laputa_94

ps4 version doesnt support ps3 sticks. Not sure about converters. You could pad hack a ps4 pad into your stick but I hear it's kinda rough

Tough luck if you don't have a PS4 stick. Using converters is out of the question, they cause too much lag. Only fix I can imagine is buying a cheap PS4 stick (unless you can buy them separately) and soldering its PCB instead of your PS3 stick's one.

Alright thanks for your help, I will probably grab a ps4 stick at some point in the future.

Sayad

Haha. Let's fight!
By the way Zissou, you asked about if we recognize anyone in your pool, I wasn't sure about one of the guys in your pool at the time but now I know it's who I thought he was. He's a KSA Axel player from our local Xrd group, doesn't play online so I didn't really get a chance to see him play, but he's one of the most knowledgeable guys I know about the game, so he should be really good. Though you wont be running into him before winners final.

You also have Majin Obama in your pool, there are videos of him playing Bedman at Mikado.

Zissou

By the way Zissou, you asked about if we recognize anyone in your pool, I wasn't sure about one of the guys in your pool at the time but now I know it's who I thought he was. He's a KSA Axel player from our local Xrd group, doesn't play online so I didn't really get a chance to see him play, but he's one of the most knowledgeable guys I know about the game, so he should be really good. Though you wont be running into him before winners final.

You also have Majin Obama in your pool, there are videos of him playing Bedman at Mikado.

I got wrecked in Xrd, haha. First match was against a Pot player (guess he's a commentator? blanking on the name). In losers I fought an Axl and I have no idea how to play the MU.

Sayad

I got wrecked in Xrd, haha. First match was against a Pot player (guess he's a commentator? blanking on the name). In losers I fought an Axl and I have no idea how to play the MU.
The guy I mentioned, the Axel player is the commentator(Fro, did some KoF commentary yesterday), unless there are two commentators in your pool! Says he went 3-2, and four of his five matches were against I-No. >_<

Majin Obama is our very own Jazz-ism.
For real?! 0_o

Zissou

The guy I mentioned, the Axel player is the commentator(Fro, did some KoF commentary yesterday), unless there are two commentators in your pool! Says he went 3-2, and four of his five matches were against I-No. >_<

For real?! 0_o

The Axl dude was also running the bracket- talked to him a bit. The Pot dude was an asian guy who sounded like he was more of a persona player?

I had no idea that bedman player was Jazz-ism, haha.

Fugu

I've talked myself into buying this since I'll be moving to Japan for awhile and I'd like to take advantage of the opportunity to have a fighting game to play while I'm there. Is this a good time to buy or am I on the cusp of a major paid update or something? My attempts to google this have only caused me to become more confused.

I've talked myself into buying this since I'll be moving to Japan for awhile and I'd like to take advantage of the opportunity to have a fighting game to play while I'm there. Is this a good time to buy or am I on the cusp of a major paid update or something? My attempts to google this have only caused me to become more confused.

Revelator has been announced. They recently did a loke test I believe.

Top Bottom