• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Guitar Hero Live" Announced

Update:

Some owners of previous Guitar Hero games will be disappointed to hear that the songs and peripherals they already own do not work with Guitar Hero Live.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a4BalkpkTs

RG0BS1U.gif

Pack it up, Rock Band won

CloudWolf

The lineup so far

The Black Keys
The Blitz Kids
Ed Sheeran
Fall Out Boy
Gary Clark, Jr.
Green Day
The Killers
The Lumineers
My Chemical Romance
Pierce the Veil
The Rolling Stones
Skrillex
The War on Drugs
Oh boy...

At least The War on Drugs, Gary Clark, Jr. and The Black Keys are good. And I'm not entirely sure what Skrillex is doing in a 'guitar only' game.

kulapik

I like the GHTV concept but I'm a bit confused by it. Does that mean that you can't choose the song you're playing? That way there would be a much broader selection of songs, but I don't know...

Xater

This looks bad.

Who thought having a note highway in front of FMV was a good idea? This will get old so fast. The presentation also just looks cheap as hell.

The Black Keys
The Blitz Kids
Ed Sheeran
Fall Out Boy
Gary Clark, Jr.
Green Day
The Killers
The Lumineers
My Chemical Romance
Pierce the Veil
The Rolling Stones
Skrillex
The War on Drugs

Skrillex? Really?

More Rolling Stones is always good though, and I can't complain too much about some of the others but I already get the feeling that the soundtrack is going to be as schizophrenic as Warriors of Rock's was.

It's ambitious, it's different. Video's risky and limiting in many ways, but bold in others. I genuinely can't guess what I'll make of the final game.

Mask

This just reeks of "Us too!". It was Activision that caused the Music game crash last time with fifty different GH games each year, so not confident they'll actually make something decent.

That three button thing is probably gonna throw a lot of people too. How is that better than the Pro guitar thing RB was doing?

robot

The whole FMV thing looks pretty interesting. Sounds like you can also play with music videos in the BG according to the PR.

Are there even hammer-ons/pull-offs? Seems like the bands so far they're going for a mostly chord heavy setlist. Plus the guitar design itself lends it self to complexity through chords.

Thank god for Rock Band

MajorTom

The lineup so far

The Black Keys
The Blitz Kids
Ed Sheeran
Fall Out Boy
Gary Clark, Jr.
Green Day
The Killers
The Lumineers
My Chemical Romance
Pierce the Veil
The Rolling Stones
Skrillex
The War on Drugs
Nope.

Forsythia

They're not really going for FMV with the crowds, right? And if they do, I sure hope some hot chicks take off their tops.
Of course this won't happen.

The setlist sucks so far.

kirby_fox

Banned
GHTV is an interesting concept, really depends on how much content is created, how much stays and how much is free. If it's a weekly thing where new music rotates in and out, but you have the option of buying your fave song on there- it'd be neat.

Not interested though. GH used to be a good college party game to break out, but having been out of college since the last games there's not much a reason to jump back in. Same with RB.

FyreWulff

Are there even hammer-ons/pull-offs? Seems like the bands so far they're going for a mostly chord heavy setlist. Plus the guitar design itself lends it self to complexity through chords.

Thank god for Rock Band

Well they sort of put themselves in a corner by prioritizing chord shapes over note progression.

I have to give them props for supporting Wii U with this release. Maybe it'll get Harmonix to release RB4 Wii U.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Hahahahahah, Skrillex?!?!

Seriously?!?!!

This must be a joke

Top Bottom