• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar players of GAF- Post pics of your guitars and gear

heres mine

pinktar.jpg

pinkbass.jpg

pink fender squire guitar and pink luna pandora bass. I also have a blue yamaha bass.

i was in a band for 2 years called we make thunder. They still exist but without me. I will be playing one last show with them april 11th if anyone is in the chicagoland area.

My Gibson Les Paul Standard:
4zwgksk.jpg

My Fender FSR Telecaster:
6gec5eo.jpg

I don't have a camera at the moment, but other stuff I have:
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster '65 Relic
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded (with P90's)
Marshall JCM2000 TSL-60
Fender Blues Junior
Vox Tonalab SE

And I used to have a Parker Fly Deluxe, but I sold it earlier today :)

Confused101 said:
Holy mother of pearl. The embodiment of guitaring perfection. Awesome collection too.

Thanks, it does look pretty damn good, especially with decent lighting.

I have a poor quality pic of my Deluxe Strat here:
http://muusikoiden.net/dyn/users/33946.jpg

And here are two older guitars together with my Les Paul:
http://muusikoiden.net/dyn/users/26111.jpg

A Fender Lite Ash Stratocaster (Sold it, didn't like the neck) and a Ibanez AS-103 Artcore Custom (sold it, didn't sound good enough).

Flo_Evans

Very nice collection Spoony!

xvvah.jpg

Amps. I started on a piece of shit crate that I think I must of tossed or gave away at some point. I got the Marshall valvestate before I really knew what 'solid state' and 'valve' meant in relation to guitars :lol It has a nice stereo chorus from the 2-10"s though. The Vox Brain May Special was a gift from my girl.

23wmhvo.jpg

The "Silvertone" I rescued it from a dumpster. Great for when you want that cheap department store guitar sound. Which is almost never.

k0pxxz.jpg

The Kramer I got from a pawnshop to shred on and hold stickers.

256759l.jpg

The Peavy some guy gave me cause he owed me $100. I think its made out of balsa wood or something, it resonates like a hollow body. Decent Tele clone.

6898qo.jpg

The Hamer is my favorite electric. Really nice fat sound from the solid neck/body and p-90s. This is actually the 1st guitar I bought (I learned on my dads acoustic) saved up from mowing lawns or some shit all summer and got it. :D It was too bad I had to suffer with the crate + this for so long. :(

x3bu6a.jpg

My newest baby. I missed my dads old acoustic so I got this Taylor 510. Way nicer guitar than I need for my skill level but she does sound pretty :D

I made a thread a while ago when I found all my old pedals. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152596&highlight=guitar+pedal :D

Adamrogo

Banned
You guys have some nice stuff, especially BotoxAgent. I used to have a nice rack :)D ), with a Mesa Quad, a 50/50 and a couple TC Electronics parts, but I prefer the simplicity of a head.

Of course, I'm a big JP fan. Mystic Dream is nice, but I don't need another, until a new model comes out.

Since we're all amateurs here, we can post clips of our playing, if anyone is willing to of course!

Joule

I'm in possession of a B.C Rich guitar that a old friend gave to my dad a long time ago. It seems to be something called a BAE500. Anyone tell me more about this particular guitar or B.C rich stuff in general? We got it over 10 years ago so it must be pretty old.

I was thinking about picking up guitar since we have one right here.

Grifter

Adamrogo said:
I'll post a couple guitars to start things off.

These are my Ernie Ball Music Man guitars, a JP6 and a BFR JP6.

My buddy has an OLP John Petrucci guitar, looks like yours. Is it the same company? His even has the switch under the strings like that, which I don't get since it kinda kills wide strums.

blanky

Grifter said:
My buddy has an OLP John Petrucci guitar, looks like yours. Is it the same company? His even has the switch under the strings like that, which I don't get since it kinda stills wide strums.

OLP is to Ernie Ball what Epiphone and Squire are to Gibson and Fender. Though OLP is quite a guitar for its money.

Adamrogo said:
You guys have some nice stuff, especially BotoxAgent. I used to have a nice rack :)D ), with a Mesa Quad, a 50/50 and a couple TC Electronics parts, but I prefer the simplicity of a head.

Of course, I'm a big JP fan. Mystic Dream is nice, but I don't need another, until a new model comes out.

Thanks. I have a bit of rack stuff, which u can kinda see on the side. But they are only used for direct recording. I have a Mesa Recto Recording Pre, Lexicon MPX G2, Rocktron Chameleon old model, and Line 6 POD XT. I'm not into racks either...I prefer the simplicity of pedals. And I'm happy with the tone I get with the VHT and BB Preamp pedal, which is all I really need.

John Petrucci's rack borders on insane :lol But if I were in his shoes, I would do the same exact thing :D

Right now, i'm trying to save for a Tom Anderson drop top.

Flo_Evans

I think if I got a nice mesa amp and a nice PRS I could be fine with never buying another guitar... but there is always something else.

Adamrogo

Banned
Grifter said:
My buddy has an OLP John Petrucci guitar, looks like yours. Is it the same company? His even has the switch under the strings like that, which I don't get since it kinda kills wide strums.

OLP is to Ernie Ball what Epiphone and Squire are to Gibson and Fender. Though OLP is quite a guitar for its money.

Correct. Though even though for the money they play nice, they really don't compare to the real ones. That goes especially for their Ball Family Reserve models, their high end custom models.

Thanks. I have a bit of rack stuff, which u can kinda see on the side. But they are only used for direct recording. I have a Mesa Recto Recording Pre, Lexicon MPX G2, Rocktron Chameleon old model, and Line 6 POD XT. I'm not into racks either...I prefer the simplicity of pedals. And I'm happy with the tone I get with the VHT and BB Preamp pedal, which is all I really need.

John Petrucci's rack borders on insane But if I were in his shoes, I would do the same exact thing

Right now, i'm trying to save for a Tom Anderson drop top.

Sure, his rig is pretty massive, but the man puts it to good use.

Tom Anderson's are nice, but Suhr's are nicer (IMO), and in the same price range. Really once you reach the $3k range, all the guitars are about equal quality, and it becomes a matter of personal preference.

I think if I got a nice mesa amp and a nice PRS I could be fine with never buying another guitar... but there is always something else.

You know, I thought that too, but there's always more... I was dangerously close to buying a Diezel VH4 a few years ago.

I'm pretty darn close to buying a Diezel Einstein, but my Marshall is kind of good enough so I'm not sure if I really need one... but I think I'll get one eventually anyways.

Adamrogo

Banned
SpoonyBard said:
I'm pretty darn close to buying a Diezel Einstein, but my Marshall is kind of good enough so I'm not sure if I really need one... but I think I'll get one eventually anyways.

Ooh the Einstein is a really nice amp, has the same bite of the bigger ones, but costs alot less... I still want a Herbert.

Ok, for the sake of my savings, I'm banning all Diezel amp talk.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Found some pics of my baby. It's not the best out there but I can't afford anything better. It's comparable to the more expensive acoustics in my opinion and has been good to me. Very happy with it. I've replaced the strings and had the next drilled on the side for a strap, got tired of looping the head. It's a Yamaha FG735s though; Solid spruce top and redwood side/back.

case.jpg

pickguard.jpg

back1.jpg

headstock1.jpg

frontdown1.jpg

topdown1.jpg

1867010832_5ce96ac35d_b.jpg

Built it from Warmoth parts. I'm not much of a wood worker but I like paint and electronics so I had a lot of fun with this project. Vox Valvetronix amp in the background.

SpoonyBard said:

I love amps Diezel's and VHTs, they are very tight, dry, and unforgiving...but once you get a handle on it, the tone can be very rewarding because they are punchier and thicker sounding than most amps. They are a bit of a different beast than a hot-rodded Marshall, so having both is always cool :D

Suhrs are great too! But I can easily acquire an Anderson around here and get a decent deal. Plus, Suhrs will require a couple of months waiting. But that will be next on my list after the TA, hehe.

Adamrogo

Banned
back1.jpg

Gorgeous!

I love dark woods for acoustic guitars, my favorite are Rosewood backed Larivee's.

1867010832_5ce96ac35d_b.jpg

Nice! Wood grain and color are nice. Good job.

Joule

Joule said:
I'm in possession of a B.C Rich guitar that a old friend gave to my dad a long time ago. It seems to be something called a BAE500. Anyone tell me more about this particular guitar or B.C rich stuff in general? We got it over 10 years ago so it must be pretty old.

I was thinking about picking up guitar since we have one right here.

Can anybody offer any enlightenment here? Here's a picture:

DSCN0453.png

Adamrogo

Banned
2d26gw6.jpg

1/2 Rickenbacker, 1/2 Gibson SG.

Nice Larivee, my favorite acoustic guitars.

Joule, can you provide a closer pic to the label inside the guitar? BC Rich used to make good guitars, but more recently they have become trash to be honest. You said it's older, so why don't we take a closer look.

I can say it's a nice, cutaway acoustic/electric guitar at least. :D

Joule

DSCN0458.png

I wasn't able to find anything with that model number. Is BAE some sort of abbreviation?

I browsed the B.C Rich site and didn't find anything similar. I guess they just don't make this model anymore.

WingM@n

Here's mine, some blurry crappy cellphone shots:
26032008535.jpg

26032008536.jpg

Custom build in 1962 by my father, the brand "Fendar" he put on it because of the copyrights lol

fugimax said:
Assuming that is your "Metallica Guitar" ... paired with the Marshall you've got some serious KH going on.

haha you got it!. i bought it at sam ash on black friday and got around $200 off, so with that saved money i bought the two pick ups. yeah its some serious Metallica Kirk Hammet shit, the marshall amp helps me find that "Master of Puppets" sound

evil ways

My custom lefty, modeled(knocked off) after the Les Paul, along with Boss pedal.

geetarbossrz1.jpg

Boss pedal
geetarboss2jc1.jpg

and finally, next to it's GH3 counterpart :D
geetargh3da3.jpg

evil ways said:
My custom lefty, modeled(knocked off) after the Les Paul, along with Boss pedal.

This looks a lot like my black beauty. I posted a pic of it earlier, but it was kind of small. Here's a better pic:

5d464435668609e1348edf3fcfdc81d4.jpg

The only difference between this pic and my guitar is that mine has pearl inlays

Flo_Evans

I always wanted a baby taylor. They are a little bigger than the martin backpackers but they sound better IMHO.

Currently I have a cheap flea market spanish guitar that I put steel strings on for camping.

2vigtbt.jpg

Fender Jaguar, Traynor YCV80, Korg DT-10, and Barber Trifecta.

Minimalist, ftw.. Though one of these days I'll get around to getting a delay or two (yes, two) and a good reverb unit or pedal.

Tauntaun

Banned
rv255med.jpg

mabmed.jpg

I've got my V in Black/Silver and it looks baaaaaaaaaaaaaddaaaaaaaassssss! I've got it in D standard tuning (for thrash/death metal). I haven't received the MAB-1 yet but that's because it's still being built in Korea. I'm finding out approximately WHEN I'll be getting it hopefully this week though. I also have a Dean Far Beyond Driven that I'm selling if anyone's interested and lives in the NY Tri-State area. It's hooked up with an EMG 81/85 set but I have the original pick ups as well. :) I've got a Dean acoustic but I don't remember the model.

For my amp I have a Mesa Single Rectifier with a Kustom 2x12 cab but I'm switching out the GT12-75's (I think that's what's in there) for Celestion V30's. I'll try to take some pics of the actual gear when I get home.

I don't really use a lot of pedals because I prefer the amp distortion but I do have a Vox wah, Boss Chorus and Super Phaser and a Digitech Delay most of which I use for non-metal music.

esbern

my mother has an acoustic Alvarez from 1973 that is basically mine now. Its worth something like 8k. Best guitar I've ever heard.

esbern said:
my mother has an acoustic Alvarez from 1973 that is basically mine now. Its worth something like 8k. Best guitar I've ever heard.

alvarez is an amazing guitar line, i can't image what a 73' sounds like.

D3RANG3D

14mxcbd.jpg

In order from left to right

BC Rich Avenge Son of Beast

Peavey Cirrus 5 BXP Five String Bass

Laguna le524frtrd

ezgxol.jpg

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w 1x10 Guitar Combo Amp

Sorry for the crappy pictures my camera phone sucks! :lol

Bildi

Adamrogo said:
Love those JPMs! I'm a JEM player and you would be amazed (or probably not) at how much the JEM community loves the JPMs. I'd love one but the prices on signature guitars of all makes has gone insane compared to 7-10 years ago (roughly doubled it seems).

I got to meet Petrucci at a clinic a couple of months back when DT were in Australia - as everyone always says, really nice guy.

Damaged

Oh and yes i know, its a total mess and the carpet is nasty but im in the middle of fixing an old house up while i live in it so you will have to put up with it for now

gits001nb1.jpg

From the left:

Fender American standard Jazz Bass, Fender Ashboury fretless bass (Wierd fretless bass with rubber strings, you have to talc them to play it properly but it sounds stunning. Like a double bass), Taylor Big Baby Acoustic With Seymour Duncan 'Woody' Humbucker, 1979 Ibanez Blazer with some kind of Dimarzio Humbuckers (not sure what exactly)

gits002gr1.jpg

From the left:

Fender PT10 Tuner, EHX American Big muff Pi, Ebow+, Jim Dunlop crybaby Wah, Boss RV3 / DS1 / DD3 / BF2, EHX Small stone phaser, EHX Russian Big Muff Pi, EHX Frequency Analyzer.

No pictures but i use a peavy Mark 3 bass head with a "15 black widow cabinet. Also have a Squier P-bass and an old Squier Musicmater short scale bass.

blanky

Teknopathetic said:
*snap*

Fender Jaguar, Traynor YCV80, Korg DT-10, and Barber Trifecta.

Minimalist, ftw.. Though one of these days I'll get around to getting a delay or two (yes, two) and a good reverb unit or pedal.

I love Jaguars, they're beautiful guitars. How do you like yours?

Adamrogo

Banned
Bildi said:
Love those JPMs! I'm a JEM player and you would be amazed (or probably not) at how much the JEM community loves the JPMs. I'd love one but the prices on signature guitars of all makes has gone insane compared to 7-10 years ago (roughly doubled it seems).

I got to meet Petrucci at a clinic a couple of months back when DT were in Australia - as everyone always says, really nice guy.

They play great and sound great, so I'm not really surprised.

I've played my fair share of JEM's and Universe's, when I used to work at a guitar store. They are nice, but I just don't mesh with Floyd's too well.

I met him a couple times too, so easy going. He puts on a great clinic.

bfr7.jpg

I'm bumping this thread with a video of my mediocre guitar playing. JP fans will recognize the clip as the solo section from Glasgow Kiss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyb5pmS2kzw

Bildi

Adamrogo said:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/adamrogo/EBMM/bfr7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You BASTARD! :P I take it Mike did the little Majesty symbol? That's neat! Great playing in your vid too :)

I don't have much signed guitar equipment - only this backplate (I don't use backplates so it's never on the guitar):

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/Bildi777/img_2360.jpg

I did have a guitar nearby when I went to see JP, but I didn't take it to sign because I was worried about leaving it in the car while the concert was on. Would have been nice to have it signed.

My stuff:

img_2358.jpg

My classical, a JEM, Universe, and a blue RG that I don't play anymore but used to be a gig workhorse because it's easy to replace and looks nice.

Adamrogo

Banned
Nice!

Vai didn't play at the last G3, as I'm sure you know, but I had Satch and Paul Gilbert sign my G3 ticket.

I also have my other EBMM signed by JP.

why do you play without the backplates?

Top Bottom