• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus |OT| The World, Western release out now!

Kalentan

Man what are you supposed to do against Barbatos Lupus? He seems like he has so much going on and has infinite boost.

And why does Exia get a revive? That is just goddamn OP.

Caim

Nightingale, AGE-1, Phantom, Alvaaron, and Buster are up for EU.

Hopefully US gets it tomorrow when the store updates.

Just saw their icons in game. Thought that meant they were out (I haven't looked in the store though).

This is a game my completionist bone wishes had discount bundles or a season pass with a plan for this to be a "game as a service" or something.

I want to show support but dang it'd be pricey getting everything. I've already ordered six model kits since getting into this game. Don't need digital versions too when I'm only using DeathScythe online haha.

The End

20171017_094459.jpg

AU/NZ has them too.

Going to jump on AGE/Nightingale right away

Kalentan

Man sometimes the servers are BAD.

Was about to win a ranked and it lagged out.

Though I do have to wonder that since this is seemingly P2P maybe people lag switch? Seems to work since you don't get a loss when the connection becomes interrupted.

Edit: WOOOT Got to Corporal!

Currently have won 70% of my games. 17 - 7.

Would have to lose quite a lot to get a negative W/L.

Strike, you have served me quite well.

Kalentan

I'm enjoying this a lot more since I decided to play the Strike.

I love the Freedom but I just find it much harder to win with it. With the Strike I can go Sword Striker and get in close and wreck.

I'm enjoying this a lot more since I decided to play the Strike.

I love the Freedom but I just find it much harder to win with it. With the Strike I can go Sword Striker and get in close and wreck.
I always enjoy units that can stance dance.
They remind me of old warriors from wow before they lost stances

The End

Man sometimes the servers are BAD.

Was about to win a ranked and it lagged out.

Though I do have to wonder that since this is seemingly P2P maybe people lag switch? Seems to work since you don't get a loss when the connection becomes interrupted.

Edit: WOOOT Got to Corporal!

Currently have won 70% of my games. 17 - 7.

Would have to lose quite a lot to get a negative W/L.

Strike, you have served me quite well.

I've played over a hundred player room matches and a few dozen casual matches.

I've never been able to match into a ranked match, ever.

Kalentan

I've played over a hundred player room matches and a few dozen casual matches.

I've never been able to match into a ranked match, ever.

Just not been able to find people?

----

Man this morning is bad with the lag. Every match is just a lag fest. Not sure if anyone else is getting it.

Also I wish the Strike had a little better tracking with his sword. Sometimes it will track other times you'll press triangle and he'll just attack where he stands even when the target is close.

How’s Pale Rider? I love the MS from Missing Link and think it’s a great design. Worth picking up the DLC?
I enjoy Pale Rider. Once you initiate the Hades system it can be a beast of a mobile suit. I also agree with you that Pale Rider's design is great. I always love early U.C. grunt mobile suit designs.

I enjoy Pale Rider. Once you initiate the Hades system it can be a beast of a mobile suit. I also agree with you that Pale Rider's design is great. I always love early U.C. grunt mobile suit designs.

Sweet. I’ve got the LE of Missing Link that came with a HGUC model of Pale Rider, reminds me of a more refined/deadly Blue Destiny.

How’s Pale Rider? I love the MS from Missing Link and think it’s a great design. Worth picking up the DLC?
The buffs she got made her a lot better. Nothing about her is too crazy, but her machine gun has a pretty deep ammo reserve, csA does what csA’s generally do, sub shot can be used for some sneaky punishes even if it’s trackig feels kinda wonky, and her special shot is a nice “get off me” for melee suits. HADES is the main draw, it lasts a million years once it’s up and it makes her very dangerous at close range, although suits like X3 still outperform imo (and he doesn’t have to wait for his install to charge).

Kalentan

They're out on NA now.

At least that's what the game said.

Was sitting at the menu when it said that they were added to the store. Though weirdly they're not actually in the PSN store still.

They're out on NA now.

At least that's what the game said.

Was sitting at the menu when it said that they were added to the store. Though weirdly they're not actually in the PSN store still.

My game said that too but I still don't see them up on the site. Very frustrating...

Kalentan

I do feel like this game would have benefited from being $30 or $40.

That isn't to say I'm not getting my $60 out of it. I am, but I feel like a Gundam brawler/fighter is going to be a bit more niche than say a Tekken or something. I've noticed that I tend to run into the same people over and over in Gundam and so with a smaller price point I think it might have been able to get a bit bigger of a player base.

Going to change my settings to worldwide. Hope that helps but I also fear more laggy matches.

JKTrix

Sounds like you're still playing Casual Matches. Try some Player Match lobbies! This is where most of the people actually would be, and you can see how your connection is with everyone in the room.

There are several communities out there (like this one) for the game that use Discord to communicate and synchronize. Depending on the time of day, you could easily get enough people to either make your own room or fill up another room that's already active. It seems like you want to play a lot so I'd really suggest joining one (link to ours is in this post if you quote it).

That isn't to say I'm not getting my $60 out of it. I am, but I feel like a Gundam brawler/fighter is going to be a bit more niche than say a Tekken or something. I've noticed that I tend to run into the same people over and over in Gundam and so with a smaller price point I think it might have been able to get a bit bigger of a player base.

Going to change my settings to worldwide. Hope that helps but I also fear more laggy matches.
For the most part if your connection is solid setting it to worldwide should be fine. I actually get smoother matches from people in Japan than people in North America.

Continuing to try and beat Ultimate Battle on Normal and make it all the way to the very end and then lose. Was like one hit away on the boss when my CPU teammate decided to die and use up the last bit of our health bar.

Is it to my advantage to have a leveled up CPU teammate? I play with a level 20 Crossbone, but I’ve been just randomly picking one that’s pretty low leveled for my partner.

A niche game is going to be niche whether it costs $30 or $60. It would catch a few more sales but it probably wouldn't be a notable difference.

There’s a limited-time battle mode in Ultimate right now. You’re forced to play as Alvaron to take out as many grunts as you can. Was a nice way to check out a mobile suit I had no interest in paying for.

Sora_N

Which DLC suits are worth it?

I'm only sort of interested in Perfect Strike and Buster, are they worth buying?

$7 CAD is so much for one though.

If my brother is a casual gamer but loves Gundam, and prefers playing offline against CPUs, would he still enjoy this?

I’ve had a great deal of fun with the single player modes, but I’ve also been playing the Gundam Vs series since the original one on the Dreamcast and find them cathartic. I’ve only played 25 online matches. The Trial and Ultimate Battle modes have been very fun.

I'm only sort of interested in Perfect Strike and Buster, are they worth buying?
It's really just up to if you like the suits or not. Buster seems pretty strong from when I've fought him, most of the P Strikes I've fought are bad but he seems to have good options and is pretty high on the tier list. None of the DLC suits seem bad tbh.

If my brother is a casual gamer but loves Gundam, and prefers playing offline against CPUs, would he still enjoy this?
Probably not, if he doesn't have Breaker 3 he should look into that. If you're a Gundam fan and not looking for a competitive experience then that's pretty much the best option out there.

OVDRobo

Can't speak for the Buster, but If you enjoy playing the Strike, the Perfect Strike's basically most of its better qualities without the downside of needing to switch out packs constantly. You also get to replace Kira with Mu if he's more your style.

You get a chargeable gerobi, the IWSP's boomerang for close-range control, the Aile's solid BR and the Sword's reel-in anchor and decent melee attacks accessible at any time for 100 extra cost per life.

The Perfect Strike's great if you already like the Strike but want something easier on the micromanagement. I'd recommend trying the normal Strike for a while and if you like the idea of most of its tools in a single form then consider picking it up, otherwise give it a miss since it's probably the least 'new' of all the DLC units, mostly being a consolidated form of a unit already in the base game.

Probably not, if he doesn't have Breaker 3 he should look into that. If you're a Gundam fan and not looking for a competitive experience then that's pretty much the best option out there.
I think it is worth it as just a pure arcade game.

But you had me curious about Breaker 3... So I see there's an English subtitles version, but what about menus? And I see a version with a bunch of dlc and people saying it's on the disc. That true?

Thanks.

Neiteio

I should also note, my brother was content to play Star Wars Battlefront offline.

I have to imagine Gundam Versus' offline mode is at least better than -that.-

Top Bottom