• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GWENT closed beta now underway

so, if you were only to have 1 in a deck, would you choose dandelion, or horn?

dandelion can hypothetically get countered by ambushes?
I'd say horn. Can use it on any row. Strength of Dandelion is getting a second horn in a deck.

Although I suppose if you also have Priscilla, you could sometimes get a lucky Dandelion pull.

I'm ashamed of myself. Thought I'd spend a little bit of money on the game since I like CDPR much, bought 7 kegs. Opened 6 and thought, "This is what I get for spending money." and then on the 7th I got fucking Philippa Eilhart.

I'm gonna feel like such a scumbag using this thing lol

Exentryk

I'm ashamed of myself. Thought I'd spend a little bit of money on the game since I like CDPR much, bought 7 kegs. Opened 6 and thought, "This is what I get for spending money." and then on the 7th I got fucking Philippa Eilhart.

Welcome to the club! I just ended up earning Geralt Igni, so yeah :D

Budi

Pay to win, must be nice!

I've bought 6!

DrSlek

I just got the dwarf leader for the ST deck, and made an Ambush deck around him. Gold Zoltan, 6 trap cards, 2 friendly ambush cards, a boatload of Neophyte generators and an Ele-yas card to get buffed by the Neophytes.

So far it's working out pretty well for me.

After having some experience with the card, Philippa is really fun and balanced. I hope they don't nerf her
lmao

edit: oh god

DRVy27D.gif

bjaelke

GWENT key availability and distribution
Dear gamers,

The Closed Beta for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game started a little over two weeks ago. We know that many of you have been waiting a long time to play GWENT. However, the nature of Closed Beta is that access is limited at first, allowing us to make sure the game is a fun and stable experience. We've been steadily sending out more and more invitations to those of you who registered to participate. By the end of next week, everyone who signed up back in June should have received access and we’ll be sending out even more invitations as we go.

Thank you for your patience and the amazing support you’re giving us.

Love,
GWENT Team

they should give her a fart sound effect as she drops onto the board

She would have wiped over 250 if I didn't have to use my Igni on the previous turn. The catapults kept killing his Dandelion and he always had ways to bring it back. He must have used commander's horn 4 or 5 times in a row.

Ordinarily a unit buffed to that bonkers an extent with adrenaline rush would scare the bejesus out of me but I didn't give a shit lmao. Dude was legit shook afterwards. Took him a full minute before he did anything. Funny part is he had Philippa too but I managed to have a bit of strength built up on my ranged row so it didn't amount to much. Funny ass game

I just got the dwarf leader for the ST deck, and made an Ambush deck around him. Gold Zoltan, 6 trap cards, 2 friendly ambush cards, a boatload of Neophyte generators and an Ele-yas card to get buffed by the Neophytes.

So far it's working out pretty well for me.

Yeah Im running something similar. Love placing traps on all 3 rows and frustrating my opponents

muetimueti

Neo Member
Anyone enjoying it? The unresponsive UI plus having no useful cards whatsoever are not exactly making the game a lot of fun.

RK9039

Anyone enjoying it? The unresponsive UI plus having no useful cards whatsoever are not exactly making the game a lot of fun.

Yeah it's pretty much want I wanted from stand alone Gwent. I dismantled all cards and just got what I wanted for a monster deck. I usually get a decent hand.

Exentryk

^ Faced a very similar deck to yours last game. Close game at the end with the two Phillipas clashing!

zaYeIxI.gif

I crafted Shani today, and she's been great and has already got me wins. Now to save up for Baron, Regis, Decoy, etc. *Sigh*

Roronoa95

I love this game but now I definitely need more gold/silver cards... especially when you're close to level 20!

All my last opponents had insane combinations T.T

So how do I counter this trebuchet hotness that has overtaken the game. 5/6 games are vs that mess.

You need to play out the round and do what you can so they waste all their buffs. When you see adrenaline rush that's probably the best time to kill it since when they duplicate that gives the copy +1 strength and your scorch will only destroy one.

JustinBB7

I really hope we get some updates soon, they said they had tons of plans more modes and new features. Would also like stats and things like that.

Main thing I wanna know is if there will be a reset or not. I've got some really good cards and made some cool decks. Crafted Geralt Igni. Would suck to lose all the progress.

Though it seems they are slowly starting to post more news now.

Philippa could make all the cards in the row to have half value (instead of setting it to 1) and still be great, given she is one of the few cards that affect gold cards.

Zyae

Would love a key if anyone has an extra. Im an avid hearthstone player and was able to play a few matches of gwent on a friends account and liked it.

Ran into two very similar Scoiatael decks twice in a row that ran Merigold's Hailstorm What they did was set up in the middle row and played it out a bit then dropped the bomb used the unit that buffs the weakest unit on their side and destroys the weakest unit on my side, pretty much a wipe. After that game I figured I should probably keep my clear skies next time I face a Scoia deck. The next dude tried the same thing and I cleared the weather. Got down to my last card and he kept Aglais and played the weather card again and rekt me.

I think they might have fixed the MM because the games I've had today have been fairly close. I had around 80% winrate before.

Had a game against a rather unfortunate chap just now:

I'm playing a Crach an Craite deck (Warriors + Warcry goodness) where the plan is to pretty much throw round one (play a Cow or something then pass, maybe see if I can bait something out), then push hard to win round 2 and usually have the stronger hand in round 3.

So I go first, put a Beserker down and he plays, I pass and then he goes nuts and completely empties his hand, killing my guy and running up about 70 strength.

Obviously, I obliterate him over the next two rounds.

It seems like he had no idea how to play. Would have loved to see the look on his face when he only drew 2 cards for round 2.

On a more general note, I'm really liking the game. The emphasis on rows and the advantages you can gain from knowing your matchups make it feel a little bit like the old Vs System CCG.

Top Bottom