• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gwyneth Paltrow Defends N-Word Tweet. The Dream attempts to eat the charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

I honestly wish white people would just take the n word back wholesale on a large scale. Just do it, I'm tired of faux outrage stories like this generate, and the best way to get rid of them is for all white people to just say the word casually, maybe come up with their own exclusive definition based on a new pronunciation.

Have you ever been to a rap concert? Are white people racist there for repeating the lyrics back to the rapper? I've seen this before and no black person on stage or in the audience had a problem with it. It's called context. The context of Paltrow's tweet was that she was at the WTT concert in Paris during the fucking encore when Kanye/Jay-Z played the song "Niggas In Paris" about ten times in a fucking row. She is not referring to herself or others as niggas who happen to be in Paris - she is reflecting on the fact that Niggas In Paris is being played in Paris. How is that an issue worth outrage, or a 7 page thread on a message board?

Why don't you niggas get outraged over black on black crime, or literacy rates, or single mother rates, or any number of non music/bullshit related, important issues impacting our community. This is some Jesse Jackson level bullshit. Stop chasing ambulances out of the community and start doing constructive stuff. God damn.

I can't believe I missed this, but smh PD, smh

YoungHav

Banned
Nas aka the best fucking rapper ALIVE said:
"I would slap the s*** out of somebody for Gwyneth Paltrow," Nas told CBS Local exclusively. "She's the homie, she's cool. Gwyneth gets a pass. Real people get a pass. We know what this s*** is. We don't interrupt Italians when they say 'Wop' to each other. They gonna punch you in the mouth if you interrupt that. Don't interrupt us. We pick and choose." Nas acknowledged that other black people might feel differently, but still stood by his statement. "Some might not feel the same way," he said. "Some of us will get angrier about it than others; but some people get a pass. The people that I know who are cool and real n****s, Gwyneth Paltrow is a real n****, that's my homie. That's how I'm on it. Some people get a pass." (CBS Local)
Yes!!!! Hahahahah Gwyneth is a real ass n-word.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
I honestly wish white people would just take the n word back wholesale on a large scale. Just do it, I'm tired of faux outrage stories like this generate, and the best way to get rid of them is for all white people to just say the word casually, maybe come up with their own exclusive definition based on a new pronunciation.

Have you ever been to a rap concert? Are white people racist there for repeating the lyrics back to the rapper? I've seen this before and no black person on stage or in the audience had a problem with it. It's called context. The context of Paltrow's tweet was that she was at the WTT concert in Paris during the fucking encore when Kanye/Jay-Z played the song "Niggas In Paris" about ten times in a fucking row. She is not referring to herself or others as niggas who happen to be in Paris - she is reflecting on the fact that Niggas In Paris is being played in Paris. How is that an issue worth outrage, or a 7 page thread on a message board?

Why don't you niggas get outraged over black on black crime, or literacy rates, or single mother rates, or any number of non music/bullshit related, important issues impacting our community. This is some Jesse Jackson level bullshit. Stop chasing ambulances out of the community and start doing constructive stuff. God damn.

agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom