• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

kcxiv

Are there stil hackers?

there is, but they have gotten a handle on it for the most part. the ones that are out there get banned pretty fucking fast. I went back to playing on a high pop server the last week and its a much more enjoyable experience. I dont feel like i got cheated and when i have died, its because well dude got me first.

Was wondering this game keeps getting better and will eventually be free to play. I wonder if it will blow up when it does given there being no entry barrier. Also I made 4 dollars selling a case that dropped the other day. Good times.

kcxiv

Thanks, might pick this up. Stories of hackers has kept me on the sidelines.

It was fucking terrible at times, but they needed to let them run wild for data collecting for auto ban. You will still see them from time to time, but like i said, they dont last. I keep my shadow play no if, i see them, i immediately sent the video to Brad (their banhammer guy) he takes them out really fast most of the time. They also said Auto Ban is going to be turned on soon. I think it might be already though.

Patch Notes:
Communication radios have been added. They can be found throughout the game. After finding and equipping one in the new radio tab in the UI, you will be able to turn it on and select a channel. You will be able send and receive voice chat on that channel. Numpad 7 is the default press to talk key. Currently you will not also broadcast to proximity voice chat when talking on your radio.
The AK-47 is now available.
Added a Police Station at Cranberry.
Added a new recipe to create Lookout Towers. These towers can be placed on foundations.
Added a new recipe to create a Foundation Expansion. The expansion attaches to the edge of a foundation to give it more building room.
You can now "Mute All" via hot key(CTRL + M) or within settings.
Vehicles should no longer drop through foundations when their driver walks out of range.
Vehicles and foundations should now be visible at further distances.
Fixed an issue with buildings not rendering at an appropriate distance.

Sorry to bump an old thread dont think my post its worth its own thread

But since Sony sold off SOE i have not heard anything about this game coming to PS4 like they said it would I'm really looking forward to this so I'm looking for some reassurance GAF?

Sorry to bump an old thread dont think my post its worth its own thread

But since Sony sold off SOE i have not heard anything about this game coming to PS4 like tehy said it would I'm really looking forward to this so I'm looking for some reassurance GAF?

It's ok to bump it since it's the OT. The game is still coming to both PS4 and Xbone but it won't be for awhile. They are trying to finish up the PC version first then move it over to consoles. Since it uses a lot of the same tech and Planetside 2 they said it won't take as long to bring it over this time once the game is complete on PC.

It's ok to bump it since it's the OT. The game is still coming to both PS4 and Xbone but it won't be for awhile. They are trying to finish up the PC version first then move it over to consoles. Since it uses a lot of the same tech and Planetside 2 they said it won't take as long to bring it over this time once the game is complete on PC.

Oh Sweet thanks dude for the fast and informative reply!

In anyway going to read through this thread to read peoples impressions
How you enjoying it?
How does it compare to the likes of day Z and Rust?

i'll probably find my answer through reading here

Oh Sweet thanks dude for the fast and informative reply!

In anyway going to read through this thread to read peoples impressions
How you enjoying it?
How does it compare to the likes of day Z and Rust?

i'll probably find my answer through reading here

Important to note that H1Z1 hasn't been out nearly as long as Rust and Day Z but it's gets a patch weekly and the continues to improve. But if you been playing from the get go sometimes the progress seems slow and you run out of things to do.

Day z has a much larger world with more weapons and items. Rust has by far the best base Building of the 3. H1Z1 IMO is the most stable of the three and has better gameplay. battle Royale is also a lot of fun. In my opinion it's a better game than Day Z with much better devs who release content regularly and give a a roadmap every month knowing what's coming. Rust is finally coming into it's own and becoming a great game as well but it took them a year to get there.

It's a fun game that's getting better but I think people who wait till release will have more stuff to do other than just PvP.

Important to note that H1Z1 hasn't been out nearly as long as Rust and Day Z but it's gets a patch weekly and the continues to improve. But if you been playing from the get go sometimes the progress seems slow and you run out of things to do.

Day z has a much larger world with more weapons and items. Rust has by far the best base Building of the 3. H1Z1 IMO is the most stable of the three and has better gameplay. battle Royale is also a lot of fun. In my opinion it's a better game than Day Z with much better devs who release content regularly and give a a roadmap every month knowing what's coming. Rust is finally coming into it's own and becoming a great game as well but it took them a year to get there.

It's a fun game that's getting better but I think people who wait till release will have more stuff to do other than just PvP.

That post got me hype thanks again

The servers will be down at 5:00am Pacific for approximately 2 hours
There will be a player/world wipe during this time.
Patch Notes:
Heavy clouds and rain have been added alongside fog
Military Checkpoints and Camp Bastion have been added to the map.
Grenades can now be thrown by clicking the left mouse button only. You no longer have to hold down the right mouse button first. Throwing a grenade will now automatically reload another grenade from your inventory if you have it.
A unique reticle was added to the bow while aiming.
New Vigilante Crate
Tweaked the handling of grenades some more and added new first-person animations. Throwing grenades should feel improved.
Removed the dot reticle from ironsights on all guns (bows not affected)
Bear behavior has been tweaked so they are a little bit more reasonable. While they are still deadly escape should now be a possibility.
Team Battle Royale will remain on the Test Server while we iron out a few more issues

Game Fixes:
First Person Servers and HCBR no longer show the camera inside the player character driving vehicles.
Adjusted the ironsights on the AR-15 and AK47
Fixed a bug with tree shadows sometimes not rendering in a halo around the player.
Fixed exploit where player could hide in tree by exiting a vehicle.
Thank you for all your reports of bugs on the Test Server. We were able to get some into this patch and we will continue to work out the more difficult ones this week and patch them in.

Varvor

Fire'd up this game for a first time since winter...must say...game has come long way. It seems to be more technically sound, graphics got improved and performance almost twice as good as it was before.

Between this game, DayZ and Point Break i feel like these type of games are in a good place....and will get better as time progresses.

Fire'd up this game for a first time since winter...must say...game has come long way. It seems to be more technically sound, graphics got improved and performance almost twice as good as it was before.

Between this game, DayZ and Point Break i feel like these type of games are in a good place....and will get better as time progresses.

Yeah the reading reddit you'd think they ruined the game or something. It's getting better still. This month they stopped adding content and focused on bug fixes which was a long time coming. They are now working on a huge hospital complex and a new City with railway systems etc that should come soon.

Willectro

Banned
As of yesterday afternoon, I had about 45 hours into the game (99% of that time in BRs) but had not played for about a month. I noticed the 2 player (and 5) BR option so I asked a friend to queue up with me. We played for 3 or 4 hours straight and had a great time. The game looks great and the new weapons (AK, revolver) and equipment change it up a bit too. BRs are even better now that the queues are nearly instant (I'm not nearly as salty when I die now, lol).

Can't fault them for trying out the key/chest model to make some money, just as long as it never impacts the game. I really hope BRs don't change to a paid, ticket based model anytime soon.

Edit: Whats the consensus on shooting? 3rd person, first person hip, or aim down the sights?

I feel like I can aim better in first but third has such a tactical advantage that's it's hard not to use. I'd love a bybrid that switched to first while ironsighting.

5v5 Battle Royale is live and a lot of fun.
E04061600CE5B2DF64DD3B6F083389838B024E04

DTKT

Most of the content I see for the game seems to be related to the Battle Royale part of it? Has the zombie survival part of it kind of stopped growing?

pants

^ I havent played Zombie Survival since BR became a thing, tbh the base building in this game is atrocious.

Most of the content I see for the game seems to be related to the Battle Royale part of it? Has the zombie survival part of it kind of stopped growing?

Most of the stuff they add are world related. New weopons, clothing, weather , structures goes across both modes.

kcxiv

I played BR for a while, but im back in survival. I play with a bunch of good folks. We play on Gangrene.

I have so many hours into this game, im almost ashamed, but im a gamer so fuck it. haha

H1Z1 Invitational at TwitchCon

Hey Everyone!
We are happy to announce today that we are going to have an incredible event happening at TwitchCon this year and we want you to be a part of it! We’re hosting an on-site Battle Royale Invitational event with some of Twitch’s biggest streamers such as LIRIK, summit1g, CDNThe3rd, LegendaryLea, Sodapoppin, SeriousGaming, SxyHxy, iijeriichoii, and many more.

You’re probably wondering what that has to do with you. We are going to be giving four (4) community members an opportunity to win a trip to TwitchCon and participate in the Invitational too! You can learn all about that right here.

We are also going to have a special TwithCon Invitational Crate dropping in H1Z1. 25% of the proceeds from that crate key will go towards the progressive prize pool for the Battle Royale event at TwitchCon. Along with coveted in-game items, skins, and emotes, the crate will include shirts featuring prominent broadcasters, including OMGitsfirefoxx, Grimmybear, dasMEHDI, OPscT, itmeJP, Lowco2525, summit1g and more. If you can’t make it to TwitchCon this year, you can watch the whole event live on Twitch, September 26th at 10:30AM PDT!

Update
Features:
A new crate is now available for the H1Z1 Invitational! Find out more details here!
Feel a bit more secure! 16 character pass codes on doors are available!
You look a little lost. Game hints are now on the Loading screen.
Can't find your stuff? New grouping controls are now in the inventory screen to help.

Additional Features:
Loading screen spinner and status
Adjustments to VoIP displays for groups and solo players
Added base security system that requires doors to be removed before accessing an enclosed area

Bug Fixes:
Fix for several cases causing endless loading screen and crash after start of round in BR worlds
Fix for some vehicles not saving locations correctly
Fix for quirky group display when initially added to group
Fix for graphics settings exploit for seeing through objects briefly
Fix for duplication exploit involving ammo
Fix for parts of models not rendering (including some cases of invisible players)
Fix for lost focus on UI with Steam Overlay active (mostly Windows 10 machines)
Fix for many cases of containers immediately closing when being looted
Fix to code preventing some files from properly loading
Fixes to help prevent additional cases for vehicles not staying on top of objects
Vehicles whose drivers disconnect should stop far more quickly and no longer go on international flights
Adjustments to help prevent damage issued on initial login
Adjustments for water impact effects
Adjustments to address client/server desync (that was causing invisible players)
Adjustments to address rubber-banding movement
Added some additional variety in branch and leaf harvesting effects
Weapon image/texture adjustments
Color adjustments to many textures
Adjustments to jumping height and mechanics have been made.
Adjustments to falling damage calculations have been made.
Adjusted "hold breath" sounds
Adjusted "damaged" effect
Adjustments to address vehicle desync issues when other vehicles come into view

This sounds great. Really liking the sound of survival.
Something that we’ve been planning behind the scenes is game mode rebalancing. It’s relevant to the discussion about the map, and your feedback as survivors is very important to where we go with it. We'd like to know your perspective on it.

Remember, this is very much still in discussion on the team, so it will likely end up looking very different from this, but here are the game modes as they might look after the game mode

rebalance:
CORE- It’s what we have now in our core survival game. The high density of survivors leads to a lot of action, so we might start calling the core game mode, “ACTION” mode.

SURVIVAL- We’re creating a new survival mode to move the game back towards survival gameplay. Survival mode will have more scarcity of supplies, fewer guns, a lot less ammo, and more survival oriented elements to be announced. Server player caps will be reduced to decrease the number of survivors in an area. While still very much about PVP, the survival mode will be more about scavenging from a scarce number of supplies, holding off stronger zombies with more scarce weapons, and contending with survival elements like starvation and hypothermia. Crafting will also be more of a challenge with this scarcity. This mode will be less about deathmatch and KOS. The body system will be more aggressive and a karma system will act as a way to identify the KOS’ers from the friendlies.

SURVIVAL PVE – Survival mode where friendly actually means just that. “Friendly! …” It’s got elements of SURVIVAL mode, without the PVP elements.

BR (Solo, T2, T5) –Battle Royale mode.
Your feedback as survivors is very important to the process. Please post your thoughts, and we can see where this ends up.

zugzug

ROFL did you really just say finish up the PC version while still collecting money on an Alpha and selling Crates and keys for money as well. Come on now.

ROFL did you really just say finish up the PC version while still collecting money on an Alpha and selling Crates and keys for money as well. Come on now.

He asked when it will be on consoles. They have always said after the PC version is out 1.0. I agree that the thought if that is laughable at this point. there is a ton of shit left to do before it reaches that state.

Info on the future.

I wanted to jump in here and give an honest update about what’s going on here at Daybreak. As a lot of you have seen, we are going to be hosting an incredible event at TwitchCon. This is hugely exciting for us and really elevates the profile of our game. Streamers are really getting into it and that puts us in a great spot to get the game in front of fresh eyes. The prize pool is growing every day and we are stoked to be able to bring community members with us to the event. If you haven’t already checked it out, you can find all the info right here.

As Steve posted a little while ago we are really taking this time to squash bugs and make the game as stable as possible. Battle Royale does have some issues that we are going to be spending a lot of time on to iron it out and get it ready for the Invitational. You can image just how much we want this to go well. But outside of that, it means that we are going to be making the game significantly more stable for everyone across the board. The majority of improvement we make during this time will effect both Survival and BR.

I have been seeing A LOT of conversations going on about the lack of content towards the Survival portion of the game. I am here to give some much needed insight about our direction. While we are putting the majority of our focus on the Invitational right now does in no way mean we are stopping work on Survival. We have a ton of awesome stuff planned that the Art and Design teams are still working on. After the Invitational we are going to be dedicating the majority of our efforts on the core gameplay loop and the Survival aspect of the game. October and November are going to be big months for H1Z1 Survival. This includes things like:
Hospital point of interest
New Zombie types
Guild/clan System (Version one is mainly for permissions)
Professions (version 1)
Base building improvements (construction box + UI)

We are also having ongoing discussions of ways to revamp the Survival portion of the game. We have heard a lot of your ideas and will be implementing some of them. Post’s like these are incredibly valuable to us because it gives us a good indication of your thoughts and ways to improve the game we are making together.

Instead of just telling you what we are adding/currently working on you should check out this bunch of pictures.
Link

The Art team has been working hard over the last month; you should also watch this video to see some new stuff and overall improvements that are being made.
Video

What I wanted this post to accomplish was to give you some idea of what’s going on behind the scenes here at Daybreak and reassure you that just because we are working towards the Invitational right now does not mean we are dropping everything else for the sake of BR. It’s also important to note that the better this event does, the better for the game as a whole. The tide rises all ships and the Invitational is a great way to do that. I hope this answers some questions and calms some anxiety about the current state of things. I will try to keep answering questions in the comments as they come up. Thanks for taking the time to give this a read.

Etnos

Banned
What's the game state as of now? Worth picking up for 10€?

It is the most feature rich of all the survival games out there, runs well even on my laptop.

It only annoys the hell out of me the way they keep pushing you tu buy garbage, it doesn't break the game in any way, its just annoying.

Apt101

I just got into the game as it's on sale. My first real foray into the genre. It's fun, a lot less brutal than I was expecting. Met some chill people, made some friends, also ran into some people that make a session of GTA Online look like Hello Kitty's Island Adventures. I'm digging it, looking forward to it being more fleshed out.

Nice to see some new people joining. Seems they had a lot of work to redo to lightem the server load and we should start seeing big updates again around November.

Apt101

They really need to work on the diversity of assets. Every house is the same inside. It wouldn't hurt to spawn more ammo either.

They really need to work on the diversity of assets. Every house is the same inside. It wouldn't hurt to spawn more ammo either.

They are redoing the entire map. Not sure how much they will end up changing but the said the current map is pretty much all placeholder. before they make it any bigger they rather leave the current one to where they want the rest to eventually be.

Apt101

Me: "hello, please don't shoot. I just wanted to tell you about our savior Jesus Christ".

Her: something which I assume was Korean

Me: "OK, so we're cool?"

Her: kills me

Some progress is coming.

September Art Wrap-Up

I want to start by saying thank you to everyone who supported the H1Z1 Invitational. It was a fantastic event and we couldn’t be happier with the response we have received. Now that we have that under our belt it’s time to get back to Survival.

We have a lot of awesome stuff coming up this month. On Friday 10/2 at 11AM Pacific, you will be able to tune into a Work in Progress stream with developer, Devin Lefontaine as he works on the new map. We will also be having a livestream next Thursday 10/8 to show off a slew of new

content including:
The Kurama Medical Facility
New Female Zombie
The new ATV
A new crate with unique items
Adjustments to weapons and body armor

Our next patch will of course come with more polish and bug fixes. We are hoping to get these new features onto the Test Server so you can play around with them and help us stress test before going to Live.

This is just the beginning to more improvements coming to H1Z1. We will be giving base building an overhaul and the grouping/guild systems an update as well. We also have a fun in-game Halloween event planned for later this month. Coming off of the success of the Invitational, it’s now time to double down on Survival!

We have 2 work Work in Progress streams for you tomorrow 10/2.
The first one is at 11AM Pacific, you will be able to tune in and watch as developer, Devin Lefontaine works on the new map for H1Z1: http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1

You can also join Roy Eltham, Senior Technical Architect, at 7:30PM Pacific to get an inside look at the latest on the new skins shader. Make sure you catch him on his personal channel: http://www.twitch.tv/royeltham

Keep in mind that these are Work in Progress streams and if you would like to ask questions in the chat, keep it focused to what the developer is actually working on.

If you have never tuned into a WiP stream, it is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a look behind the scenes at the day-to-day work that goes on here at Daybreak Games. Don’t go in expecting any huge reveals or surprise announcements. If you’re more technically minded and want a real inside look, these streams are for you.

New animations and effects look good. Cannot wait to see this new map. Gonna be fun rediscovering everything.

Top Bottom