• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajime no Ippo: Rising |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The whole point was probably to show how insane some prodigies can be, also he was trained by Hawk's trainer.

It's a hated fight because he does shit like jump around the ring and make Ippo think he's flying at some point, it's kind of an odd fight for a manga that tries to take boxing seriously.

I see, that does sound odd, author must have hit a wall temporarily.

I see, that does sound odd, author must have hit a wall temporarily.

I don't dislike that fight as other people do, I found it fresh in a really weird way.

Just to be clear, that happened a while ago and it's not like if the manga changed or anything, it went back to "normal" fights.

Even if they imply that Ippo would have been destroyed if the kid had more experience, I do wonder what the mangaka is going to do with that character because he has to come back in some way later on.

Philippo

Sorry to bump this thread, just wanted to say that i went through all 3 seasons and, like many others here i see, fell in love with the show.
Absolutely amazing, top-tier stuff between every anime i've ever seen.

I've started catching up on the manga (currently at Ippo vs
Malcolm Gedo
), and was wondering if there is (or should there be) an OT for the manga, since it keeps going on while the anime is off, and it offers lots of room for discussions.

That's it, hope we get a S4 soon!

tumblr_inline_n3b8u6bcGK1rdi0w0.gif

Philippo

If by soon you mean in 2017, then yeah, it'll be soon! :-D

2017 if we're lucky.

Funny thing is that we'll wait 4 years just to see what, another 26eps, while the manga distance itself of another 500 chapters? lol.
That format doesn't suit this show at all, aside from Sawamura and Geromichi, Ippo barely felt like the protagonist.

Thank god i started reading it.

Necrovex

Funny thing is that we'll wait 4 years just to see what, another 26eps, while the manga distance itself of another 500 chapters? lol.
That format doesn't suit this show at all, aside from Sawamura and Geromichi, Ippo barely felt like the protagonist.

Thank god i started reading it.

I'm waiting for the manga to complete itself until I jump on that bandwagon. I want to see Ippo fight on the World Championship level!

Philippo

I'm waiting for the manga to complete itself until I jump on that bandwagon. I want to see Ippo fight on the World Championship level!

Well if after 1000+ chapter he's barely entered at world level (if i got this right by reading other conversations), then see you in another 10 years lol.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Welp got my hopes up seeing that there were new posts in here... 2017 till more episodes? Guess I should start on the manga then. I just can't wait that long.

Necrovex

Welp got my hopes up seeing that there were new posts in here... 2017 till more episodes? Guess I should start on the manga then. I just can't wait that long.

2017 was a random date I chose. It will be a while though as long breaks have occurred for every Ippo season.

Anyone reading the manga?

The newest chapters have been interesting.
It's never going to end.

Yep.

I really didn't expect to see Ippo lose again, I figured he was heading straight to the top of the world. It should be interesting to see how things develop from here.

Won

Anyone reading the manga?

The newest chapters have been interesting.
It's never going to end.

You never know. The manga has the possibilty of a sudden and dramatic end looming over it. But yeah, it's not gonna happen and the author will continue from his grave till the end of time. :(

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Yep.

I really didn't expect to see Ippo lose again, I figured he was heading straight to the top of the world. It should be interesting to see how things develop from here.

I'd like to think now Ippo will now see all of the holes in his defense and turn in to a well-rounded fighter who isn't just a punching bag that can knock you out but considering that the big take-away from Ippo's lost is that he simply didn't want victory as much as his opponent I doubt it. Sigh. Sadly, we know he can fight brilliantly but I somehow doubt we'll ever see Ippo in the form he was in when he flawless took out Karasawa Takuzou.

Sorry for the bump , but i just want to say that , even knowing fully well what was coming (i had read the chapters many years ago) , Aoki's title match made me laugh as much as anything (especially the first episode). His tactic , the execution of the Look Away , Takamura falling for it twice. Too perfect.

The season as a whole was definitely better than the last. Direction was a little better , although the timing for the music choices were sometimes a little strange. They made a great work with Takamura's fight with Eagle , one of the very few times i think the anime was better than the manga. Also Sawamura was as dull as i remembered.

Mr. X

Kamogawa and Nekota arc came out of nowhere. It was beautiful and made Takamaru and Coach bond so amazing. Does it get like that again?

DrSlek

I'd given up on anime. But now I need a Hajime no Ippo intervention because I'm addicted to this series.

I can't believe it took me this long to learn it even existed.

I'd given up on anime. But now I need a Hajime no Ippo intervention because I'm addicted to this series.

I can't believe it took me this long to learn it even existed.

The original series in one of my favourites. Rising and New Challenger are really good too but don't quite have the same mix of humour. Also I prefer the rougher art style.

Make sure to check out the Kimura movie as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom