• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajime no Ippo: Rising |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

I'll admit that I never expected Takamura to return the favor anyway, but boy was I rooting for Eagle to give a surprise counter with Takamura targeting his bloody eye exclusively

The thing that bothered me most was that Takamura intentionally headbutted him in order to cut his eye. Usually such moves are reserved to villain boxers.

I was rooting for Eagle in this episode.

Me too, but he'll probably lose, unless Takamura's eye problem becomes real and he somehow musters the will to make use of it to win. Of course he could still lose just to show how good Takamura is.

NEO0MJ

The headbutt was on accident, Takamura said so himself, probably a consequence of his own bloody eye.

Hmm, it kinda looked intentional, the way the episode played out. Might still be accidental, Takamura doesn't give a fuck either way.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
I'm glad you guys mentioned this, because I started watching rising on Crunchyroll. Wasn't even aware there were previous seasons (though thought it was a little strange with him starting off as champion haha). Still amazing though. Where could I go to watch the older seasons?

Finally caught up. Started with Hajime no Ippo the fighting episode one and just watched the most recent episode on crunchyroll. Holy crap I'm in love with this anime. Just enough unpredictability to keep the tension at a constant high. I find myself loving every character more and more. The biggest surprise being barf-michi. This anime has actually gotten me to take up boxing hahaha. Started going to a local boxing gym and doing conditioning haha.

I'm so glad you guys suggested I watch it from the beginning. It was a non-stop rush that I never got tired of.

On another funny note, today we just got to the part in my Japanese class where the 歩 (ぽ/po) from 一歩(いっぽ/ippo)showed up in a test. Was nearly impossible to get wrong haha.

I'll admit that I never expected Takamura to return the favor anyway, but boy was I rooting for Eagle to give a surprise counter with Takamura targeting his bloody eye exclusively

Takamura kept asking himself why Eagle wasn't taking advantage of his cut, Eagle's sportsmanship pissed of Takamura even more because this ain't Golf, we trying to kill each other for a belt and Eagle didn't go all out on him, this is why when it was his turn to take advantage he abused it..

I'm so going to binge watch this entire series on my week off. Never seen a single episode or know anything other than he is a boxer. Can't wait.

karasu

I just watched all seasons. I'm up to episode 16 of rising. I prefer watching everyone else fight to watching Ippo. He's become such a boring one trick pony with his Dempsey roll.

NEO0MJ

What a great episode. Was still hoping that Takamura would lose, though :p

I just watched all seasons. I'm up to episode 16 of rising. I prefer watching everyone else fight to watching Ippo. He's become such a boring one trick pony with his Dempsey roll.

I thought it was greatly used in Ippo's fight with Sawamura, especially at the end.

I'm so going to binge watch this entire series on my week off. Never seen a single episode or know anything other than he is a boxer. Can't wait.

It's a great series. I'm not much of a anime guy actually I can count the numbers of anime I've watched on one hand. However something about this series that I just really enjoy.

fertygo

Goddamn, what a fight.. I think I like the anime execution for this fight better than the Hawk's fight.
The tension is superb, and both side actually being rootable helping.

I would be totally down for a
Mashiba
vs.
Sawamura
OVA. I have only read a handful of volumes, but that fight was my favourite. And considering how unfamiliar I am with the manga, does anybody have an idea of what the next few episodes will be about?

Just make sure you watched the correct series. I think some new guy here started with Rising without realizing it's the third season.

I would be totally down for a
Mashiba
vs.
Sawamura
OVA. I have only read a handful of volumes, but that fight was my favourite. And considering how unfamiliar I am with the manga, does anybody have an idea of what the next few episodes will be about?
Flashback.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Guys I would like to really bring attention to nekota's voiceactor, if you notice when his brain damage started getting more pronounced, the way old current nekota speak's started creeping in more and more, it isnt totally there but you can tell if you paid attention to the way his speech pattern and accent is in this episode and then listen to him in the last episode, its a very eery and depressing thing, nekota is basically taking on a different personality infront of his friend's eyes.

I just wanna say this flashback stuff has been great. The story has been pretty great so far, even though I find some of the American vs Japanese theme a little ham-fisted. The animation has been top notch. Seriously, this is the best I've seen Hajime no Ippo animated since Champion Road. Hope it keeps it up.

woober

I just wanna say this flashback stuff has been great. The story has been pretty great so far, even though I find some of the American vs Japanese theme a little ham-fisted. The animation has been top notch. Seriously, this is the best I've seen Hajime no Ippo animated since Champion Road. Hope it keeps it up.

I have to second this. The animation this series is pulling off this season deserves to be recognized. I don't think I've seen anything drawn so sharp, detailed, and fluid in a long long time. Even the scenes with characters talking have top notch artwork.

ibjuYxkVSxXTdf.gif

iREnbl7mDqOEa.gif

iJ8WducFfggRR.gif

I have to second this. The animation this series is pulling off this season deserves to be recognized. I don't think I've seen anything drawn so sharp, detailed, and fluid in a long long time. Even the scenes with characters talking have top notch artwork.

ibjuYxkVSxXTdf.gif

iREnbl7mDqOEa.gif

iJ8WducFfggRR.gif

Yeah, I'm really happy with the animation this season. I mean that Volg counter was mind blowingly good. Rising has been a massive step up from New Challenger.

Nordicus

This is simply a far better flashback arc than I ever hoped, has a really nice amount of grit to it too. Also like that Nekota is the obviously better boxer and Kamogawa has to work himself to the bone, almost literally, to reach anywhere near him.

Cwarrior

Hajime no ippo 19 -21

Damn this fight was like a rocky fight, takamura face got disfigured like rocky.

David Eagle is true American hero it's never nice seeing such a nice guy lose.

*Eagle cry*

Hajime no ippo 22

oh shiiiitt there going back to do the Kamogawa flash back arc that was missed out in season 2

Madhouse going back and doing the right thing.

Notice the color palette has changed for this arc.

Moaradin

Oh man, that was incredible. This flashbacks are some of the best episodes ippo has ever had. And god damn at that animation in the last episode...

VariantX

Holy Shit @ that ending to the fight. Brutal.

Whoever worked on this show's animation deserves all the raises in the world. Just a great way to end the season.

Hoping for another season of this show next year.

woober

What a satisfying ending. It reminded me of the anime Planetes and game Persona 4 where the ending leaves you completely floored with memories. And the animation for this series is the best I've seen in any anime.

Might I dare say this season might have topped the godly season 1? Is that even possible? I WANT MORE.

VASPER

Banned
I have to know something, i have been watching the first season of Fighting spirits and does Ippo ever lose? like ever even into season 2&3?

NEO0MJ

Nice finale, though the victory felt kinda cheap.

I have to know something, i have been watching the first season of Fighting spirits and does Ippo ever lose? like ever even into season 2&3?

He losses a match in the first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom