• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajime no Ippo: Rising |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulfate

I adore the first season....but when i saw the new second season there was something off. The music didnt sound the same and the animation was off like if it was too sharp too HD or something. Is the new season like that?

ЯAW

Banned
I adore the first season....but when i saw the new second season there was something off. The music didnt sound the same and the animation was off like if it was too sharp too HD or something. Is the new season like that?

Yes and it's even less detailed then second season. They do seem to use some the old music, but all the new stuff is on the same level as in the second season.

fertygo

What the hell happened with OST placement? Opera song for Aoki's fight? lolwut
Awesome eps though, best one so far.

zulfate

ЯAW;88430990 said:
Yes and it's even less detailed then second season. They do seem to use some the old music, but all the new stuff is on the same level as in the second season.

fuck! that 1st season man, the quality behind it....what a shame.

vocab

Different director + shitty ass composer kinda changed some of the tone the original had.

They skipped the Kamogawa backstory completely. It's probably for the best. The composer + director could not bring those feels the way the manga did.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
They skipped the Kamogawa backstory completely. It's probably for the best. The composer + director could not bring those feels the way the manga did.

Wait, IIRC they specifically mentioned in the manga that they would include the Kamogawa backstory with this season?

NIpiSTB.gif

Moaradin

Finally got caught up to the new season. It's great to hear the music from the first series again. I thought New Challenger's music was ok, but the original's music was fucking ACE. I hope we hear the second opening song again during a really hype moment.

fertygo

Different director + shitty ass composer kinda changed some of the tone the original had.

Its will be special or something from the manga announcement, there's even shot of young Kamogawa in the OP.

ReiGun

Do people really not like the opening? I love it. I mean, it's no Inner Light, but what is?

Inner Light > Hekireki > Under Star = Yakan Hikou > Tumbling Dice

As for the episode, it kind of grew on me. I think the biggest problem is that while Aoki himself is great, his opponent is so boring. I know that's the point, but damn is this guy dull. Aoki's fighting style is hilarious though.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Do people really not like the opening? I love it. I mean, it's no Inner Light, but what is?

Inner Light > Hekireki > Under Star = Yakan Hikou > Tumbling Dice

As for the episode, it kind of grew on me. I think the biggest problem is that while Aoki himself is great, his opponent is so boring. I know that's the point, but damn is this guy dull. Aoki's fighting style is hilarious though.

Tumbling Dice last? You sir, are crazy.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Man, such a good episode. Morikawa has an unmatched ability in getting you to respect every opponent as opposed to other shonen where it's split between good guys and evil rivals.

Man, such a good episode. Morikawa has an unmatched ability in getting you to respect every opponent as opposed to other shonen where it's split between good guys and evil rivals.

It's awesome cause no matter what you end up caring for both and then feel like shit either lose.

I think there's just been 2-3 guys that are there for you to actually HATE like Bryan Hawk.

Spoiler from anime only watchers:
Even Sawamura was likable

kurahadol

Loving the series so far, more Ippo is never a bad thing. I wish they had the old ring announcer though, this guy lacks something.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Sawamura is great so far, pure evil. The fight's going to be great it seems

I was a little disappointed in his voice though, I always imagined him sounding more evil and disturbed than that, but I guess he still has time to show more of that side. :p

Cwarrior

Finally got my new laptop so I can now get some ippo into my vein oh yeaaaah

Ep 1&2

Manly men of the sea fight, dat iwao so much heart he didn't give shit and faced dempsey roll straight on.

Also nice to get more back story on ippo father da feels man.

ep 3

His style defies classification Lol akoi you truly are one the greatest anime/manga characters in existence.

fuck yeah bring on that long awaited aoki fight.

Cwarrior

Ippo ep 4 &5

holy shiiiit I lost it at his new move, my god the most funniest anime episode of my life and that's coming from someone that rarely ever finds animes funny in general.

Incredable fight akoi needs his own spin off.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
This shit is too good. God why can't they just make 70+ episodes again. I'd digest them! ALL OF THEM!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Also...

That latest episode. I got as excited as I get when watching a real boxing match. I was giddy with excitement. So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom