• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halal Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
They opened a location LA's Koreatown last year IIRC. It's only a few blocks from me and it's my go to choice for cheap low carb meal ( have them skip the rice and pita bread and low up the veggies).

It looks like a mess. Going off the photo in the OP, looks like a bunch of shit drenched in sauce. Probably delicious, but not appetizing. I'll take some Zankou Chicken any day over this.

It looks like a mess. Going off the photo in the OP, looks like a bunch of shit drenched in sauce. Probably delicious, but not appetizing. I'll take some Zankou Chicken any day over this.

I like both. Sometime I do Halal Guys, sometimes I do Zankou Chicken. Options are good. No need to plant your flag on one place.

Yeah, I was thinking the same looking at that pic.

Seems like there are too many different flavours competing against one another, might make for a tasty meal, but it sure doesn't look like one from the pic. It's not Italian meal bad, bit it's close...

Lamel

Banned
Halal guys is pretty solid.

Halal Guys is inferior to local street carts much closer to me. It's a shame- back when they were smaller, the guys at 53rd and 6th actually gave a crap and I want to say the food was actually decent. Now its just a brand- you'll get a lot more TLC with the smaller carts.

Also, the Halal Guys meat is always ridiculously dry. They also stopped letting you use the bottle of white sauce and now give you ketchup packets of white sauce.

Protip- explore and find a cart that's not this one.

But this is true.

In NYC I find that local halal carts serve much better tasting food. Halal Guys stuff is wack in comparison

Edit: I will say that their molten lava hot sauce is pretty amazing though

Oh man, NY halal is on point. Well worth the extra pounds I gained hahaha.

I haven't eaten it in a few years but ill visit NY one of these days.

Sullichin

Lots of people saying it's not the best Halal in manhattan. What else is better? I'd love to try it. I've had plenty of similar food carts but Halal Guy is still by far the best one I've tried

Halal Guys owns, really is the classic NYC drunk meal

geeko

Had the one here in San Jose and it's alright. Not great, but pretty good. I don't think we really have many, if any other choice here in San Jose. That hot sauce is something else though. 🌶🌶🌶

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom