• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 3: 10 years of not playing the most essential sequel in history

zenspider

Got bored midway through HL2:E1. I guess I feel bad for people waiting, but gaming moved on. What would you even want from a HL3 at this point besides closure?

Sentenza

Got bored midway through HL2:E1. I guess I feel bad for people waiting, but gaming moved on. What would you even want from a HL3 at this point besides closure?
Episode 2 was remarkably better.
Beside, being up to date with where the series stopped would help you understand why people want more.

EVO

Couldn't care less at this point. Both games were revolutionary at the time but I just can't see how a single player first person shooter could have anywhere near the same impact today. I'd much rather Portal 3.

I honestly would be ok with just a Half Life 2 Episode 3 done in the original Source engine, just to finish that story. They could even farm it out to another developer who are passionate about the franchise. Just want the cliffhanger resolved.

Skunkers

You know what...at least Shenmue and The Last Guardian fans had hope because they knew there was a chance. With Shenmue we knew it was more funding than anything. With TLG it was long dev but we kept being assured it was being made.

Half Life 3 is dead.

Ehh. Shenmue was basically completely dead outside of MMOs and such a few years after 2 came out. There was no chance of Sega (or likely anyone else) ever funding it. It crowdfunding hasn't became a thing that can get games created, I don't think it would have ever happened.

I think most of the people who worked on HL2 have moved on the other developers and projects. At this point, there would be no reason for HL3 since it would be made by an almost entirely new team.

I_D

I know it's crazy, but I STILL think HL3 has a chance.

Valve is the type of company that likes to make large strides with their technology, and I think that technology will be VR.

Once VR is truly here and the technology is accessible and viable, I expect HL3 will be around the corner. If it doesn't release at that point, I'll admit it's dead.

Bry0

I suspected we'd end the story in a manner like this, but now that it's actually happened? It hurts. Such a shame valve treated a beloved IP like this. It just seems so unfair to the fans.

Top Bottom