• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Half-Life 3" on Valves bug tracker confirms HL3 is in dev (46dev), L4D3 hits 71 devs

ekim

Why is Valve's JIRA on the web for everyone to see?

It was some time ago but they closed it down. But some smart guy over there shared a filter list and thus the google user agent (I guess) was able to index the "manage filter" page where you can search for owners of lists and which includes a link to the user picker... :eek:

Everything else is behind a login.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
NOW THAT WAS FAST! It's already down. or the site just getting hammered?

Woffls

They might only be using Jira for tracking defects now, in which case it would make sense that there's only a few devs on it. The software is really flexible so I wouldn't read too much into it.
[edit] Moving so fast! What those guys said ^

Bye GAF :( See ya later.

Struct09

It was some time ago but they closed it down. But some smart guy over there shared a filter list and thus the google user agent (I guess) was able to index the "manage filter" page where you can search for owners of lists and which includes a link to the user picker... :eek:

Everything else is behind a login.

I'm more wondering why they don't just keep it on their local network. It's risky to put these kind of things on the internet, as these leaks have proven.

Sibylus

Banned
tumblr_mrr75de7Oi1rgnh13o1_400.gif

It's great to see Adam Foster on that list. He made the absolutely fantastic Half-Life 2 mod Minerva.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/235780/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1
Yup, I'm not surprised in the slightest that he's attached to HL3. He has some brilliant level design insights, a lot of which you can glean from the mod Ionic linked.

Sentenza

Am I missing something? Isn't this Jira leak some very old news?
I'm almost sure I read about it weeks ago.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
"Stop, stop. He's already dead..."

Would it be silly of me to think that HL3 might have SteamOS exclusive content? I don't believe it or claim it to be true, obviously, but it occurred to me as a remote possibility.

Valve is not going to gimp "Steam" for "SteamOS."

If anything I'd expect Half-Life 3 to be Steam (Windows/Mac/SteamOS/etc) exclusive.

inm8num2

Valve is not going to gimp "Steam" for "SteamOS."

If anything I'd expect Half-Life 3 to be Steam (Windows/Mac/SteamOS/etc) exclusive.

I didn't say that HL3 would be SteamOS-exclusive.

I pondered the possibility of HL3 having exclusive content if you play on SteamOS. It could be a hat, or it could be an extra weapon.

Operative words: possibility, could

I don't believe it, though, and I made it clear in my post that I'm not presenting this as a likelihood.

Sibylus

Banned
The biggest groups for Left 4 Dead 3 and Half-Life 3 were 71 and 46 developers, respectively. If their development is looking anything like Portal 2's development, L4D3 seems like it's bulking up for the final push, with HL3 further out.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
People have to understand why there is a low number of people on a team in Valve, they go by the KABAL system and it promotes very small and integrated groups so the game can come out more polished and everyone has a say in it. TF2 nearly took 10 years, so did HL2 before they came out. Can't remember how many versions of the game they scrapped to come out with the final products. No doubt we might see these games within the next 3-4 years.

TheMan

half life 3 has almost certainly been in some form of development for a long time - the first 2 games were too successful for this not to happen. kind of non-news until we see some actual fucking screenshots or something like that.

Top Bottom