• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 ODST codes are currently being sent out

From a YT video of the 360 version:

oBFsDKz.png

Different missions with different TOD...

EDIT: Oh, you're talking about the reticle. NM.

pizzacat

Banned
The Destiny Easter Egg in Halo 3: ODST was removed.

nFQ6Hkr.jpg
I saw that too, but I don't think that's the spot of the Easter egg. I think the spot is in the later mission when you're on rooftops going from from rooftop to rooftop on construction bulldozer hooks

I could be wrong since this game is coming back to me in waves but yea

Stinkles has responded earlier regarding this. There's legal issues involved. Don't know why it would be pathetic lol

Haven't read that response, maybe it's justified. I find it hard to believe there is any significant issue that would require the removal of original content. Not because it's a big deal, it really isn't, but it was part of the original game and it's been altered.

stupidly pathetic to remove something due to legal reasons?!? Lol Jesus go outside

Yeah, it is stupid to have to remove a minor reference to what was a future product when this game was made. Not saying I don't understand why, just saying it's stupid that it's the case.

zedge

Ok. So it's downloaded but I don't know how to play it?? Don't see it in campaigns. Am I missing something? :/

zychi

Banned
So besides the people trying to make 343 look good, how does the expansion actually play? How's co-op? No more box inside a box inside a mirror glitch?

ryan299

Some many achievements are glitched in this game still. Just don't understand how it could still be this broken lol

Obscured

Installed and ready to go, but now I have to go do other things in the bright outside world. I am so looking forward to that initial drop and can't wait to get to it, but I haven't replayed all of the original campaigns yet so I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to go through chronologically or not.

Going outside solves this how?

Well, if you go outside, and then you see something crazy like a car crash, you'll be like "Oh my God! I hope those people are okay, wow, oh my God! Man, that Halo thing about that Destiny thing is so irrelevant now!".

Or something. I slept for three hours, what do you want?

Bsigg12

I forgot how awesome this game is. Being less powerful than most enemies completely changes the way you approach a situation.

Leyasu

Banned
Heh, I am thinking so too. Hopefully the improvements added through this month's Content Update are good enough.

Dont get your hopes up. I have played 3 games of BTB. Two laggy as fuck out of region games.

You have gotta take your hat off to 343... They just know how to give you a shit experience.

Noobcraft

I just played Uplift Reserve and did not have those issues.
That is not to say that there are no problems, but at least it is not universal.

Edit:
I do not think ODST is 60fps though, not that I care.
From the store's description:
The Halo 3: ODST* campaign for Halo: The Master Chief Collection comes to the Xbox One looking better than ever. Running at 1080p/60fps, experience the events leading up to Halo 3 through the eyes of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODST) as they search for clues leading to the whereabouts of their scattered squad and the motivations behind the Covenant's invasion of New Mombasa. *Halo: The Master Chief Collection is required to play the (digital only) Halo 3: ODST campaign.

Waaghals

Yes, but I am saying it does not hold 60fps, or at least it does not feel like it.
Again, while I like my games being 60hz, this is not a deal breaker to me.

My opinion is formed by playing the game, not reading a web page.

Noobcraft

Yes, but I am saying it does not hold 60fps, or at least it does not feel like it.
Again, while I like my games being 60hz, this is not a deal breaker to me.

My opinion is formed by playing the game, not reading a web page.
Yeah I haven't put enough time in to get a good feel for the framerate (I'm on the first level). I misunderstood what you were saying.

Was able to get a match in before work. Got a 8v8 BTB match in under 30 seconds. No lag whatsoever, but I could have gotten lucky. I'll be playing more tonight, so hopefully it works like it did earlier today.

Man i've played ODST before on 360 but I finally get why this game is so well regarded. Just playing the opening level I completely zoned out and was just absorbed into the game. The music, risky combat and the overarching tone are all phenomenal. I've always liked ODST but now I finally understand it and love it.

Leyasu

Banned
Was able to get a match in before work. Got a 8v8 BTB match in under 30 seconds. No lag whatsoever, but I could have gotten lucky. I'll be playing more tonight, so hopefully it works like it did earlier today.

My first game tonight was on a local dedicated server and it was glorious. Everything else has been a bad fucking joke.... As usual!

Like wtf are they thinking? The last BTB I played was taking my 6 br bursts to put them down. Whilst I would die in 3.

Come on, let us choose where we play 343!!

Top Bottom