• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 ODST codes are currently being sent out

Leyasu

Banned
Do you even own halo MCC? Think the issue is more with your connection if your struggling

I played last night. My first game was definitely on a local server. Afterwards, it was all out of region. 6 shots to kill someone, delays on throwing grenades, getting killed with 3 br shots etc. One game, there was an afk player on the other team. It took me 7 headshots to drop him.... He weren't even moving ffs lol

I booted up titanfall afterwards... Which worked perfectly. As usual

I played last night. My first game was definitely on a local server. Afterwards, it was all out of region. 6 shots to kill someone, delays on throwing grenades, getting killed with 3 br shots etc. One game, there was an afk player on the other team. It took me 7 headshots to drop him!!

Why which country you located in? ISP? And you on the preview dashboard?

I'm UK on Virgin and using the standard dash using internal hard drive

Leyasu

Banned
Why which country you located in? ISP? And you on the preview dashboard?

I'm UK on Virgin and using the standard dash using internal hard drive

I'm in France, on the preview dash using an external HDD.... In all honesty, none of those are going to affect the things I just described. I can instantly tell when I'm playing in the EU or the US. The difference is night and day

I wouldn't waste my money on this just for odst in all honesty. And if you do decide to play online, it is just the same laggy/latency filled mess that it has been since launch. We were had!!

ODST is the second best Halo campaign so far, I'd be willing to drop some coin just to play it on 1080/60.

Can anyone chime in on if it's any good? Performance issues? How's the frame-rate, etc?

Cider X

ODST is the second best Halo campaign so far, I'd be willing to drop some coin just to play it on 1080/60.

Can anyone chime in on if it's any good? Performance issues? How's the frame-rate, etc?

There are dips in the frame rate when things get really busy. Not game breaking in any way, but still a slight annoyance.

jem0208

The only dips I've noticed occur when your opening the security doors and I'm assuming it has to stream in a new section of the level.

They're not major though and only last for about 5-10 seconds.

There are dips in the frame rate when things get really busy. Not game breaking in any way, but still a slight annoyance.

The only dips I've noticed occur when your opening the security doors and I'm assuming it has to stream in a new section of the level.

They're not major though and only last for about 5-10 seconds.

Thanks.

Just to confirm, no real major performance issues? No game breaking bugs or obscene screen tearing, etc, just some minor frame-rate issues?

Guess I'll have to pick up a cheap copy of MCC. Does it still require you to download a 20gb when you first boot it up or have they managed to shrink that down?

jem0208

Thanks.

Just to confirm, no real major performance issues? No game breaking bugs or obscene screen tearing, etc, just some minor frame-rate issues?

Guess I'll have to pick up a cheap copy of MCC. Does it still require you to download a 20gb when you first boot it up or have they managed to shrink that down?

I haven't ran into anything beyond what I said above, which is really minor. That said I haven't actually completed the game yet...

I played last night. My first game was definitely on a local server. Afterwards, it was all out of region. 6 shots to kill someone, delays on throwing grenades, getting killed with 3 br shots etc. One game, there was an afk player on the other team. It took me 7 headshots to drop him.... He weren't even moving ffs lol

Interesting, does range have an impact? Because I had a five/six br hits to kill a few times which was frustrating.

Thanks.

mcc game in total is around 70gb now.

Akai__

Has anyone suggested doing a proper OT for this? If not, I can do a quick and dirty one if need be.

VisceralBowl said he would do it, but you should PM him.

We decided to just make an "ODST is here" thread, because the release date was unknown and we assumed it would just be randomly released.

I don't think it needs an OT, because people seem to be very aware of ODST. PM'ing Visceral seems like a good idea and if you really want to make an OT you totally should.
Unless the mods don't want one.

VisceralBowl said he would do it, but you should PM him.

We decided to just make an "ODST is here" thread, because the release date was unknown and we assumed it would just be randomly released.

I don't think it needs an OT, because people seem to be very aware of ODST. PM'ing Visceral seems like a good idea and if you really want to make an OT you totally should.
Unless the mods don't want one.

If someone's called it, someone's called it. Don't wish to tread on any toes, so I'll leave it for Visceral. Cheers, guys.

The animations being full of expression is part of the charm I love in ODST, i'll take that kind of animation over the ridged feeling halo 3 stuff.

The little scenes before and after each flashback work so well.

Leyasu

Banned
Interesting, does range have an impact? Because I had a five/six br hits to kill a few times which was frustrating.

No range does not have an impact.... Just range to the host.

I'm punishing myself now on BTB. Its the same fucking bullshit. Complete with one game to tease me on a local server. So frustrating.

I didn't get a code because I just got the game a month ago, but five dollars for ODST in 1080 P at 60 frames per second is a pretty damn good deal

This game is also taking up half my HD now

aaronwt

mcc game in total is around 70gb now.

Glad I have a 4TB Seagate Backup Plus Fast USB 3.0 powered drive attached to each of my XBox Ones. I knew it was a good idea to replace my SSDs with these drives. While not as fast as the SSDs they still get 220MB/s(1760Mb/s) read/write rates from the two, 2.5 inch, 5400rpm drives using RAID 0 in the USB powered enclosure.

ODST was fun playing it last night. I hadn't touched the MCC since last year.

I kept checking my email but actually the code is in my Inbox on the Xbox One.

Cool stuff Microsoft, small gesture but something nonetheless.

I was too late to the party to qualify, so I'm hoping to win a code. If not, $5 will make it an easy purchase.

ODST is my favourite Halo campaign.

Sordid

So hyped to play this again! Dodgy kind of start though...

sun_may_31_15-43-41_uucq0s.png

Hope the game itself works okay.

I found the hit boxes all wrong. I'm not normally one to complain about things like this because its normally a connection issue or someone not realising they missed but with this the pistol doesn't land headshots like it would.

For me the best part was SMGing brutes then swapping and 1 shot pistolling their heads, also one shotting the grunts.
It doesn't seem to be working now.

Anyone else noticed?

EDIT: Guess not, huh.

Anyway, in other news, god the ODST carbine is awful.

you were out of lock on range with those jackels so the shots were spraying.

I found the hit boxes all wrong. I'm not normally one to complain about things like this because its normally a connection issue or someone not realising they missed but with this the pistol doesn't land headshots like it would.

For me the best part was SMGing brutes then swapping and 1 shot pistolling their heads, also one shotting the grunts.

Anyone else noticed?

worked fine for me yesterday, a charging brute is annoying to headshot otherwise all my hits were landing as I remember.

Anyone else noticed?

My game is playing fine, all my headshots are landing and I guess it might be a specific problem on your end

you were out of lock on range with those jackels so the shots were spraying.

worked fine for me yesterday, a charging brute is annoying to headshot otherwise all my hits were landing as I remember.

My game is playing fine, all my headshots are landing and I guess it might be a specific problem on your end

I'll be going back to it so i'll see then. the other MMC games all play find. pop pop pop

Plasma

Banned
I just finished going through it, still easily my favourite Halo campaign. I wonder if they'll ever make an ODST 2, Microsoft seem to be hell bent on putting out a Halo game every year I wonder if they'll make one as an expansion for Halo 5.

daedalius

Anyone else noticed?

Been headshotting brutes with the pistol and carbine no problem so far.

I just finished going through it, still easily my favourite Halo campaign. I wonder if they'll ever make an ODST 2, Microsoft seem to be hell bent on putting out a Halo game every year I wonder if they'll make one as an expansion for Halo 5.

Depending on the developer it could be an exciting project

My favorite also, short and sweet. The only Halo game that didn't drag for me

You're right, and I feel the same way about it. It was short, succinct, sweet and didn't drag.

I liked Halo CE, Halo 2 bored me after a while, couldn't finish Halo 3, and quite enjoyed Halo 4. Reach was fun as well.

perk1n

I had to give my Xbox One back last December, but I just got the code and redeemed it on the website (maybe getting a box at a later time). Is there a way to see if I own the ODST part now? Like on PSN (download history).

Top Bottom