• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 swedish controverstory

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Halo 2 HD swedish controverstory
exploding-head.gif

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Yeah Travisbickle has always been a bit on the other side of the fence.
If GAF is an AD&D game we suffer from a clear lack of True Neutrals(or whatever they call people who don't favor any side).

I'm pretty much neutral, the only thing I've commented on 360 negatively is Pro Evo, which most people will agree with.

I praise the PS3 a lot, it looks like a great machine. i don't spread FUD like most people in here.

And you've hurt my feelings.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
travisbickle said:
Wow looks like the XBDF are out in force.
So wait ... you came into a Halo thread and expected to find people that hated the Xbox brand?

Edit for morale boost: I <3 travisbickle.

C4Lukins

Oldschoolgamer said:
Firefox 2.0 says this is a real word, but...what does it mean?

I have no idea. I think it is a candy. I think it means a human booger also. Like if somehow a human made it with a booger, a goober would result.

GhaleonEB

anachronous_one said:
So wait ... you came into a Halo thread and expected to find people that hated the Xbox brand?
Next thing you know the "SDF" will be all over a Resistance thread. *world ends*

nubbe

Well, they still have 1 year to go and the models looks more detailed, textures are sharper and environments are richer.

Who will remember Halo after Gears of War?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
cw_sasuke said:
hmmmm..........i expected a bit more than this.....

so did most people in the thread. its good to know that ti is really early though. pre-alpha stuff. so it will look worlds better upon release.

C4Lukins said:
I have no idea. I think it is a candy. I think it means a human booger also. Like if somehow a human made it with a booger, a goober would result.
Free dictionary says its a Southern U.S. slang for peanut.

I like the classic Halo maps as much as the next guy but do we really need blood gulch for the third time? Hopefully they take it easy on the retreading, and give us a whole bunch of new maps. Over 20 would be nice.

GhaleonEB

nubbe said:
Well, they still have 1 year to go and the models looks more detailed, textures are sharper and environments are richer.

Who will remember Halo after Gears of War?
*raises hand*

Entirely different kinds of games that can coexist peacefully.

StRaNgE

Banned
if anyone from MS or bungie reads hear...

New Vehicle:
*Moongoose: The ATV that was supposed to be in Halo 2. It carries 2 people and it doesn't have any weapons so it's mainly a means of getting from point A to point B as fast as possible."

this has to be changed.

It needs some kind of machine gun mounted to the front o balance it with the ghost.

maybe make it weak like the smg or something since it can have a second player riding on it.

there will be many times just one guy is gunna be riding and that will suck having such a small ride with no way to shoot while you drive like every other small vehichle. it needs something of some sort. (balance)

a human dirt bike would compliment to quad too! do it!

GhaleonEB

StRaNgE said:

this has to be changed.

It needs some kind of machine gun mounted to the front o balance it with the ghost.

maybe make it weak like the smg or something since it can have a second player riding on it.

there will be many times just one guy is gunna be riding and that will suck having such a small ride with no way to shoot while you drive like every other small vehichle. it needs something of some sort. (balance)

In the early builds of Halo 2, you could fire a one-handed weapon while driving it (one hand on the handlebars, other hand set on the hood firing straight). Either way, it sounds faster than the ghost, so it's more of a getaway vehicle, and recon, than combat.

thatbox

Banned
sublime085 said:
do we really need blood gulch for the third time?

I cannot think of any situation in the entire galaxy where you would not really need Blood Gulch.

The one in the picture looks too much like the H2 one though :(

Razoric

Banned
PleoMax said:
MGs4 N64 textures -> Placeholers

Halo 3 placeholers -> LMAO DAMAGE CONTROLS GAME LOOKS LIKE SHIT!!!

it would've been great to see some MGS4 threads renamed MGS3 HD

the riots that would have caused :lol

Mrbob

This thread is confusing. Are those actually Halo 3 pics on the first page of Halo 2 pics from the PC version?

bud

PleoMax said:
MGs4 N64 textures -> Placeholers

Halo 3 placeholers -> LMAO DAMAGE CONTROLS GAME LOOKS LIKE SHIT!!!

This thread just took another turn......and I like it!

*grabs popcorn*

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Mrbob said:
This thread is confusing. Are those actually Halo 3 pics on the first page of Halo 2 pics from the PC version?

the very first pic that the thread says is for the haters and is halo 3 blood gulch is a halo 2 screen.

Mrbob said:

That is defiantly Halo 3... some mod just thought it would be funny to announced that they "could" be Halo 2 HD pics.

VALIS

I'm gonna guess by the size of this thread and the SDF/XDF acronyms I saw on the last page, this thread is about graphics, isn't it? They're either mindblowing and people said "PS3 iz ded!!" or they're less than stellar and buttholes are trolling it.

GAF. :(

Pug

Valis, yep its like you said but worse, although to be honest the defence forces are not really involved.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Greeaaaaaaat job with this thread guys... excellent job...

It went to hell on page 2, continued to rot at a rapid rate as each page went on, and to top it all off, it had a great title change...

Lovely. I should have stayed in the Halo 3 Hype Thread...

They might as well burn this topic to ashes...

StRaNgE said:

this has to be changed.

The fact that 2 people can ride, and the second one can casrry a flag, and possibly shoot, is balance enough - but hey, it too late to have a serious discussion thanks to the ingrates here... let's take it to the other thread...

The best part is that very soon all of these retarded posts will turn into praise or awkward silences... but whatever...

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Mrbob said:

You know, I thought the exact same thing. And this isn't a troll, so back the **** up people. The thread title completely messed me up, and because of suggestion I thought I was viewing shots of a beefed up Halo 2 PC expansion.

Change the thread topic before more people wake up to this.

Razoric

Banned
Pug said:
Valis, yep its like you said but worse, although to be honest the defence forces are not really involved.

There has been no declaration of war yet from either side. I'm still waiting on my orders.

See Bungie achieved nothing from releasing the screens. The haters are in full force and the Halo fans are on damage control mode.

Why not just wait? Use the real textures and lighting, polish it up... they should have given a kick ass presentation next year. They already have GoW which decimates the entire PS3 lineup (graphically speaking) I don't understand MS's marketing department :\

GhaleonEB

Goreomedy said:
You know, I thought the exact same thing. And this isn't a troll, so back the **** up people. The thread title completely messed me up, and because of suggestion I thought I was viewing shots of a beefed up Halo 2 PC expansion.

Change the thread topic before more people wake up to this.
I agree. between the mod-joke thread title, and the Halo 2 pic labled as halo 3, this thread is deliberate flamebait. it's pathetic.

the actual game news/shots are great. but if the mods want to faclitate discussion, that sure the **** isn't the way to do it.

mikeGFG

Banned
open_mouth_ said:
anyone who doesn't think Halo 3 will look spectacular or be in the running for GOTY '07 is crazy.

This is true. But I've also been playing Katamari Damacy since 2004, thus I have no perception of what makes a video game look good.

Maybe I should play some PC games.

Razoric

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
See Bungie achieved nothing from releasing the screens. The haters are in full force and the Halo fans are on damage control mode.

Why not just wait? Use the real textures and lighting, polish it up... they should have given a kick ass presentation next year. They already have GoW which decimates the entire PS3 lineup (graphically speaking) I don't understand MS's marketing department :\

Because maybe, just maybe mainstream gamers care more about seeing what's done so far than petty fanboy wars? The only reason anyone is fighting here is due to reactionary fanboy nonsense. Barely anyone is even talking about the actual game or information released.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I like how the OP put up the Halo 2 screenshot and said:

"For the haters: Halo 3 Bloodgulch screenshot"

Like it's supposed to be impressive or something :lol

Top Bottom