• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Disaster!!!
Was supposed to be picking this up at midnight. Its midnight now and im in A&E!!!

My girlfriend has some strange abscess looking thing on her leg and was starting to run a fever and feel really sick. As a result I've had to run her to the hospital!

Priorities, man. I hope everything turns out okay.

stktt

Banned
With sandbox they mean how you tackle the levels, and not how the levels are geographically designed.

You can restart the same checkpoint over and over again, and every time get a different result by just doing one thing different; that's the 'sandbox'.

Is that absent from this game?

DrBo42

Disaster!!!
Was supposed to be picking this up at midnight. Its midnight now and im in A&E!!!

My girlfriend has some strange abscess looking thing on her leg and was starting to run a fever and feel really sick. As a result I've had to run her to the hospital!

Hope your gf is okay. Chief can wait.

i2bJD.jpg

hate to repost this huge picture but that's fucking awesome.

With sandbox they mean how you tackle the levels, and not how the levels are geographically designed.

You can restart the same checkpoint over and over again, and every time get a different result by just doing one thing different; that's the 'sandbox'.

This is on Halo 4, at least what I've seen. And it is because the A.I.

I just finished the fourth mission, and I'm loving it so far.
Minor campaign spoilers:
The end of the third mission was fucking fantastic. It felt like a final mission, not one early on in the campaign.

As they are in the books, it's weird they can't run infinitely at 60km/h.

Gotta love all of those fan-service moments when you see Spartans kicking ass.

True

Also plasma weapons are much stronger, but then the game wouldn't be as fun to me.

A tactical shooter version of Halo would be interesting though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sprinting already seems so natural. It's a wonder there was any resistance to this.
There's a lot of well reasoned critiques of how sprint affects multiplayer. In short: sprint is an easy out for players who are losing a fight. Someone pops your shields, and you sprint around a corner. The only thing they can do now is chase after you, and even if they catch up, they can't shoot while sprinting, so it's just a chasing game. Of course they can stop sprinting, try to get that last shot off on you, but what if you went around another corner? What if your shields already started recharging? That's one argument.

Though it's problematic in ways, I personally like sprint. It's fun to use, makes map traversal and trick jumping a lot more interesting, and also speeds up gameplay in lots of positive ways.

bitoriginal

Lack of sprint has kept me away from having any longterm interest in Halo this gen. Suffice to say this is the best Halo since 2 for me.

Sojgat

There's a lot of well reasoned critiques of how sprint affects multiplayer. In short: sprint is an easy out for players who are losing a fight. Someone pops your shields, and you sprint around a corner. The only thing they can do now is chase after you, and even if they catch up, they can't shoot while sprinting, so it's just a chasing game. Of course they can stop sprinting, try to get that last shot off on you, but what if you went around another corner? What if your shields already started recharging? That's one argument.

Though it's problematic in ways, I personally like sprint. It's fun to use, makes map traversal and trick jumping a lot more interesting, and also speeds up gameplay in lots of positive ways.

The aiming reticle delay after sprinting is a good idea. If you run across somebody you weren't expecting you're usually screwed.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
hate to repost this huge picture but that's fucking awesome.

You know, it's funny that people give Geoff Keighley shit for that Doritos and Mountain Dew thing, but look the audience for that stuff. (I know it was about video game journalism and not the audience, still kind of funny to me though)

Sprinting already seems so natural. It's a wonder there was any resistance to this.
I still really don't like it in MP just because of how it dictates level design necessity, the pace in my head and my sense of safety. I always feel anxious walking around knowing someone might just be blitzing right toward me. Single player it's fine though.

Ferny

I still really don't like it in MP just because of how it dictates level design necessity, the pace in my head and my sense of safety. I always feel anxious walking around knowing someone might just be blitzing right toward me. Single player it's fine though.

After playing so much of Reach and then going back to Halo 3 over the weekend for a bit, I can't do non-sprinting. It just feels so good in Reach to ever go back to the pacing in Halo 3. I played the SHIT outta H3 too but it just feels so much better with it than without it. Then again H3 multi of course was built without it in mind.

.shin

Banned
Kind of a dumb question but I bought a bag of Doritos and I can't find the XP code on the small bag. It says Halo 4 XP on it and everything, but there's this white bar on top of the bar code with nothing on it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You must consume the entire bag of doritos before it reveals its secrets.

Grisby

Disaster!!!

Damn bud, best wishes for her.
You must consume the entire bag of doritos before it reveals its secrets.
This, however, was quite funny.

GamerSoul

I have to back to gamestop to get a number, and then back again to get in line with said number :3 wtf? I never went to a midnight launch so idk how big it'll be for my little local GS.

So this game requires an 8 gb install for all multiplayer? Or is it just recommended? My friend wants to know and want a for sure answer. Thanks!

Top Bottom