• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

see5harp

I got the Spartan Ops achievement on the first try with a couple friends last night. The last couple episodes have been really decent.

IHaveIce

Banned
That's already a problem. I don't know whether or not 343 can fix it with FF settings for playlists.

On a more direct note: I assume you would either be playing with TBK or a group here, making this not an issue for you.

or you know .. you could prevent it by not putting achievements up that ask for boosting and everything.

Lothars

The achievements are not that bad especially if they are culmative instead of a single match.

It definitely changes my thoughts on it if you need to get the 20 kills in a single match but if not than they are fine and are not a big deal.

Izayoi

Banned
People still care about achievements?
Yes, and as a result, it leads to people being unhelpful cunts during multiplayer matches. Keep achievements out of multiplayer, for fuck's sake. You think they would've learned after two games full of boosting and general assholery caused by them.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yes, and as a result, it leads to people being unhelpful cunts during multiplayer matches. Keep achievements out of multiplayer, for fuck's sake. You think they would've learned after two games full of boosting and general assholery caused by them.

Well theyre already unhelpful cunts. I can see hov cheevos incentivize cuntyness however.

see5harp

I care about commendations much more than achievements in Halo 4 because you are rewarded for them in XP and new armor/stances.

Yes, for the long term player commendations are definitely more rewarding. I like that they tied commendations to helmets and armor instead of straight credits. Multiplayer achievements don't really bother me, because daily challenges already screws up some matches. Some players are just going to go do their own thing so there's no sense in getting riled up over a couple guys trying to get kills a specific way.

This so damn much. Teamwork is hard enough to foster as it is.

FyreWulff

Just a sec. Uploaded both games to my fileshare. Gamertag is NAFLA. The drops in question are the sticky grenade and needler, both on the top floor.

So I took a look at it. The ordnance marker is the same between the base variant of Haven and the latest MM version, so just a random bug?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So I took a look at it. The ordnance marker is the same between the base variant of Haven and the latest MM version, so just a random bug?

It's been that way all day. You can see the markers, but the guns aren't there. Apart from those two matches I think I've played 4 more on Haven in the mean time with the exact same thing happening. Those two spots have unreachable weapons for the duration of the match.

On another note, finally got the green visor.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's been that way all day. You can see the markers, but the guns aren't there. Apart from those two matches I think I've played 4 more on Haven in the mean time with the exact same thing happening. Those two spots have unreachable weapons for the duration of the match.

On another note, finally got the green visor.

This happened to me a few times, but instead of the ordinance not being there it showed it on multiple locations (all empty).

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Those are some stupid achievements.

They should have added more Spartan Ops achievements. Something that the CoD games do right.

blamite

That happens to me all the time. My Fotus armor needs to be downloaded again.

Out of curiosity, what Specialization, if any, are you using? I'm not entirely sure, but the issue seems to have stopped for me around the time I started using a Specialization that required a code to unlock. My theory is that if you're in a specialization that you can only be in if you have DLC, the game does a double-check to look for that DLC and this ensures all your armor and stuff is loaded as well.

exYle

Those are some stupid achievements.

They should have added more Spartan Ops achievements. Something that the CoD games do right.

I was just thinking that myself. Assuming that they don't hide Season 2 behind a pay wall, they could easily use the map packs as launch pads for Spartan Ops achievements.

Out of curiosity, what Specialization, if any, are you using? I'm not entirely sure, but the issue seems to have stopped for me around the time I started using a Specialization that required a code to unlock. My theory is that if you're in a specialization that you can only be in if you have DLC, the game does a double-check to look for that DLC and this ensures all your armor and stuff is loaded as well.

I'm not yet. I am a SR44. My kid and I have the Gamestop and Walmart dlc. I think that may be the issue. I also have the LE stuff. Too much crap.

So just got done playing today. Did somebody call in the automatic weapon party because thats all there is in IS. Very frustrating lag all day, I must have died 10 times tonight from player warp and lag.

This game needs a patch, the automatic weapons are too overpowered for IS. Boltshot + Camo + auto weapon is the new noob loadout.

Team Slayer Pro would be a lot better without sprint. Sucks because the gameplay is there. Give us a classic Halo playlist and PATCH this shit.

exYle

So just got done playing today. Did somebody call in the automatic weapon party because thats all there is in IS. Very frustrating lag all day, I must have dies 10 times tonight from player warp and lag.

This game needs a patch, the automatic weapons are too overpowered for IS. Boltshot + Camo + auto weapon is the new noob loadout.

Team Slayer Pro would be a lot better without sprint. Sucks because the gameplay is there. Give us a classic Halo playlist and PATCH this shit.

Automatic weapons do not need a nerf, you need to stop encroaching on their effective range with a DMR, or just run from the encounter.

C'mon, people. The first Halo ever to have competent automatic weapons in MP and all you want is nerfs nerfs nerfs

Card Boy

Banned
People think the automatic weapons are OP? If anything they are underpowered. But Legendary Solo may of screwed my opinion. The Storm Rifle is better than i expected in MP.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People think the automatic weapons are OP? If anything they are underpowered. But Legendary Solo may of screwed my opinion. The Storm Rifle is better than i expected in MP.
It's only people being salty that Halo isn't a semi-automatic rifle-only game again. They're not used to there being a range where those weapons don't work. It's the same reason people think the DMR is OP. They expect the DMR and BR to fulfill the same combat roles but they don't. The Carbine is pretty much the only one that overlaps with other semi-automatics.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
It's only people being salty that Halo isn't a semi-automatic rifle-only game again. They're not used to there being a range where those weapons don't work. It's the same reason people think the DMR is OP. They expect the DMR and BR to fulfill the same combat roles but they don't. The Carbine is pretty much the only one that overlaps with other semi-automatics.

Carbine has it's moments.

Love the AR/Promethean Vision/Explosives combo... deadly CQC and grenade attacks...

Trey

C'mon, people. The first Halo ever to have competent automatic weapons in MP and all you want is nerfs nerfs nerfs

To a lot of people, classic Halo is solely one headshot weapon, the power weapons, and a small, symmetrical map.

Dumb achievements. (mainly because it affects the way people will play)
Everyone will be camping near the man cannons and waiting for Mantis' to spawn.
Awesome...

It should have been:
-Win x amount of games on this new map
-Get x amount of kills on this new map
-Get x amount of assists on this new map
Done.

Trey

I don't mean to direct this at you, but that mindset just screams "oh no varieeetttyyyyyyyy ahhhh"

They feel that's the purest form of Halo. Everything else is just fluff. Objectively, I can see their point. But I was always one who enjoyed the full sandbox and encountering a wide variety of weapons. So while I can enjoy that kind of stripped down gameplay, I also like dabbling in the full suite of Halo gameplay, and Halo 4 offers quite a lot of it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
They feel that's the purest form of Halo. Everything else is just fluff. Objectively, I can see their point. But I was always one who enjoyed the full sandbox and encountering a wide variety of weapons. So while I can enjoy that kind of stripped down gameplay, I also like dabbling in the full suite of Halo gameplay, and Halo 4 offers quite a lot of it.

how I feel. Reminds me of people that play super smash bros melee with final destination only no items. screw that, gimmie the chaos I'm there for a laugh.

I've given up on being a random in team regicide though. that mode makes you want to punch tvs.

how I feel. Reminds me of people that play super smash bros melee with final destination only no items. screw that, gimmie the chaos I'm there for a laugh.

I've given up on being a random in team regicide though. that mode makes you want to punch tvs.
I actually had a lot of success today with randoms. Even teams without headsets, we would start off a bit chaotic and then settle in and stick together a bit more closely and dominate. Of course it's always just going to be luck of the draw in any team based mode with randoms.

exYle

First five matches I played in that mode:

4 vs 4. Good match, we won pretty hard.
4 (me) vs. 2. This wasn't really fun, but I didn't even know that we weren't fighting a full team until a couple of minutes in, so I didn't want to quit and lose my experience. Two guys joined when were on the cusp of winning. Obviously, we won.
2 (me) vs. 4. We now had a full lobby, so I was looking forward to playing an actual match again. Not so. The two guys who just got stomped left the game. My remaining teammate was useless. To put a cherry on top of the shit sundae, we were playing on Complex, so I was getting pinged seconds into spawning (as the King). That was the worst match I had ever played, getting 3-0-17, and my partner got 1-1-13.

I got so mad that I quit out and joined another lobby.

4 vs. 4, JiP early. We started winning pretty early, and two guys ragequit, so it ended up being another 4 vs. 2.
4 vs. 4, actual match. It took four matches before I finally found a game with people that didn't quit out immediately.

Talk about bad luck.

Marco1

I exchanged my LE discs for the standard versions and hey still make my DVD drive loud.
What makes the H4 discs do that?

It's a brand new console and the game is installed but for some reason the H4 discs are louder than others when first starting up.
IMHO, all xgd3 format discs (the new X360 disc format with extra capacity and security layer) spin for a longer time upon game boot. I had the same thing with Gears 3 and every other xgd3 game. In my case, Halo 4 disc (both discs are installed) spin for around 1min after I hit the main screen, then they die down and everything's fine. (phat X360, Jasper revision).

Mindwipe

If Spartan Ops is going on a mid-season break, do you think there's any chance of putting the older episodes back in matchmaking at legendary difficulty?

Kydd BlaZe

So is there no way to just boost these new achievements in a custom game, or are they reserved for matchmaking only? These new cheevos are just begging to get boosted...so terrible :/

Top Bottom