• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 released

As someone with a sub-par internet connection (~6mbps), the Windows store is an absolutely terrible experience for large downloads. Forge has restarted from 0MB 3 times in the past 4 days. It seems like if you don't download the entire thing at once it's got a 90% chance of restarting when you try to resume.

As someone with a sub-par internet connection (~6mbps), the Windows store is an absolutely terrible experience for large downloads. Forge has restarted from 0MB 3 times in the past 4 days. It seems like if you don't download the entire thing at once it's got a 90% chance of restarting when you try to resume.

Subpar connection is subpar. You have to have a good connection to do any time of online store.

dLMN8R

This shouldn't be happening at all. You sure it's actually resuming from zero? There were some nasty UI bugs that were fixed in Insider builds where it looked like it restarted from zero but actually didn't, and if you just let it continue the UI would fix itself in time. All those bugs should be fixed by now, but maybe some uncommon cases were missed?

If you're able, please run wscollect from the start menu and PM me the logs. Regardless of whether the download's actually starting from zero, this isn't good.

Do people run some of the old school infection modes like Fat Kid, Jenga, Duck Hunting etc? I miss the Halo 3 custom game community where full games of said modes were going on all day.

wwm0nkey

Do people run some of the old school infection modes like Fat Kid, Jenga, Duck Hunting etc? I miss the Halo 3 custom game community where full games of said modes were going on all day.
I have most of those modes, going to do mini-game customs this week

Glass

Theres a really great Duck Hunt map in H5, and an amazing City Jenga.

thenexus6

Just had my first games on Forge, man so good. This was my first Halo game since maybe a week after Halo 5 released.. so not played in almost a year.

2II3CCg.jpg

Nothing incredible, but man it felt good!

Setting up games was very clunky though.. no voice chat, no text chat in menus.. are people using discord or something? I am not sure how it works. Are you able to hop on find people then move into a private chat?

If 343 released Halo 5 (they won't) i'd happily pay full price again for PC release.

Theorry

If they can do it quick i hope 343 does it fast also. Also they need to fix the mouse delay tho. There is still some even with raw input.
I see ultrawide support is added also.

wwm0nkey

If they can do it quick i hope 343 does it fast also. Also they need to fix the mouse delay tho. There is still some even with raw input.
I see ultrawide support is added also.
Plug in a controller, set dead zones to 0 and acceleration to 1, it will help the mouse A LOT

repeater

Is there any way to make the Windows store download and install to another drive than c:\ (where Windows is located)? My main drive is almost full so it won't take the whole Forge download, but I just can't find an option in either the Windows Store app or the Xbox app to download and install to another drive.. Frustrated.

Theorry

Is there any way to make the Windows store download and install to another drive than c:\ (where Windows is located)? My main drive is almost full so it won't take the whole Forge download, but I just can't find an option in either the Windows Store app or the Xbox app to download and install to another drive.. Frustrated.

"start button > settings > system > storage (scroll to the bottom and change 'new apps will save to...' to whatever folder)"

Top Bottom