• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta Thread | Hot Red on Blue Action

tuna_love

Banned
No I'm still a fan of this idea of testing even earlier with a smaller pool of players. I just think that smaller pool of players should have come from filtering or selecting players from MCC buyers. First come, first served. Random selection. Whatever.

Whats done is done I guess. This may end up looking like a very wise choice if there are solid problems exposed by the preview group and fixed for when the MCC buyers jump in, but it'll look like another mishap if it goes otherwise.
People would be pissed if someone else with mcc got in and they didn't. That limbo lottery proved that

Does getting hit stop sprinting? I think it should.
Pretty sure I've read that you can't actually transition from walking into sprint while under fire, but I don't think taking hits pops you out of sprint - it just keeps you from entering it.

People would be pissed if someone else with mcc got in and they didn't. That limbo lottery proved that
Let em be pissed. This is a beta after all, and not everything is going to work. Then again I'm also a fan of coming up with systems to stagger access to new online game releases rather than opening the floodgates to everybody on day one.

But again, the proof of the pudding here will be in the tasting. If there are bugs and glitches exposed during this early period that are fixed for the main beta, it'll end up being a good call.

Caayn

First impressions directly after my first match.

- Whoo de-scope is back.
- Sprint needs a nerf.
- Yeah, you can wear MK VI

Septic360

Banned
Well you obviously stopped trying to join matches after the first week.

Not really. The last game I played a few days ago, 3v4. Halo 2 Anniversary and the game crashed. True story brah

But honestly, I'm not the overly pessimistic type. I can't wait to play this. There's a belly dancer in front of me dancing and I'm reading GAF. #thuglife

Downloaded but can't seem to connect to a match. Keeps "failing to join" over and over after it finds players.

So yeah so far H5 beta is identical to MCC for me!

I keep getting an error saying that the Beta begins on Dec 29th. I'm in the preview program.
zBpJETPh.jpg

Vinc

How does one get a code? I'm not in the preview program and I'm craving some Halo, I've been unlucky with the MCC so far :(

Really excited to try the game but I'll be far away from my Xbox over Christmas break and won't get much of a chance to play the beta after that... is there an alternate way of getting codes?

Thanks!! :D

How does one get a code? I'm not in the preview program and I'm craving some Halo, I've been unlucky with the MCC so far :(

Really excited to try the game but I'll be far away from my Xbox over Christmas break and won't get much of a chance to play the beta after that... is there an alternate way of getting codes?

Thanks!! :D

beg, like the rest of us

=(

RoKKeR

Alright, for the duration of this beta I will be pimping a control scheme that is identical to Halo 4's, but switches jump from A to LB and Thruster pack from LB to A.

That would be the idea control scheme, because throw grenade is still LT, melee is RB, Sprint is LS and ADS is RS.

Make it happen 343!

Compsiox

Banned
You do realize that VMC reads these forums as well do you?

Edit: They'll probably have an automated system ready that can check, I could write such a query in no time it must be a piece of cake for MS to do that.

How did you know to mention VMC?

Kill times are fast. Really fast and the pistol is useless in comparison to the AR which rips face and kind of ruins the utility of the BR

The preview program is to test OS updates, not to get access to a beta 10 days early that people paid money to access.

EA Access went early to preview members, now this, we also all got Evolve alpha codes, clearly the preview program is meant for more than OS updates

Demon Ice

Banned
Kill times are fast. Really fast and the pistol is useless in comparison to the AR which rips face and kind of ruins the utility of the BR

Hopefully weapon balance is something they are more proactive with vs how they were with Halo 4.

Is there a control scheme that is like default but moves grenade back to LT and zoom onto RS click?

RoKKeR

18 and 3 on Midship, starting to get a feel of everything. Settling in with the Halo 4 control scheme.

I'm liking it.

You get absolutely tossed when someone charges you. Someone sent me flying off of Empire. Hope the person recorded that because it was pretty damn funny.

Izuna

Banned
Controls, art style, and that kill cam music (and kill cam itself) all need to go.

It's different, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. Though it isn't as good as Halo 3 was

Edit: oh controls can be changed more outside of the game, okay

Spades

First verdict after three matches: I like it.

Not used to movement yet, especially sprint being on X and thrusters being on LB. Would've preferred them being the other way around. I hope we get more options in the full release.

Ditto - feels very nice!

I really don't understand people saying TTK is too fast - that's the major bit that still feels like Halo. The guy who can land headshot after headshot is still going to win each battle.

Top Bottom