• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta Thread | Hot Red on Blue Action

We've known about this for some time now. They've talked about it in interviews before too, specifically with the SMG.

No idea why people kept saying ADS was purely cosmetic.

so we wouldn't run in with our torches.

it's only going to get worse when the beta goes public though.

I already knew once I saw a guy get AR'd from across a long corridor.

reticle tightened up and the spread was just under the BR's.

Zoolader

They should get rid of some of the new(er) medals that pat you on the back for nothing, like distraction. With the spartan chatter giving you positive reinforcement it would be a good chance to just use that instead of having a medal for everything you do in the game.

Virdix

All the positivity from you guys makes me want to try it. However, I'm watching Snip3down and its not exciting me at all, will download on the 29th and try it of course.

Compsiox

Banned
All the positivity from you guys makes me want to try it. However, I'm watching Snip3down and its not exciting me at all, will download on the 29th and try it of course.
Titanfall looked like shat in trailers and I wasn't excited at all. Then I played it and my mind was blown.

With Halo 5 your mind won't be blown but it will be better than you're expecting.

Halo twitch channel just confirmed that the old rocket launcher design has been binned for a generic green pipe looking launcher.

WHY

WHY

Halo twitch channel just confirmed that the old rocket launcher design has been binned for a generic green pipe looking launcher.

2kpXjU9.jpg
2kpXjU9.jpg
2kpXjU9.jpg
2kpXjU9.jpg
2kpXjU9.jpg
2kpXjU9.jpg

2kpXjU9.jpg
2kpXjU9.jpg
2kpXjU9.jpg
2kpXjU9.jpg
2kpXjU9.jpg
2kpXjU9.jpg

VcbIWHU.jpg

BraXzy

Only played a couple games so far but I'm liking it. I keep stumbling with controls though, gonna take me a bit to get used to it with sprint and ground pound and thrusters.

Some stuff feels slightly delayed between me pressing and it doing, maybe a bit of lag, maybe intended idk.

The dudebro thing is REALLY irritating me though. I don't mind chatter every now and then, but the frat boy style high fiving at the end is just like.. come on. I want Spartans to act like you'd expect. Maybe an understood nod between two of them idk. The whole YEAH BOI HIGH FIVE puts me off. I just dislike the refent spartans in general. There's no air of mystery and awe to them like the Spartan II's. You could imagine they would walk into a room of soldiers and it would go silent as they stride through. The Spartan IV's or whatever they are would go into a room and start a party or something dumb.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Glad folks are liking it.

TTK is pretty similar to all halo games, with the exception that headshots are suuuuuuuuper duper brutal. AR fights with shields take long, but a couple of headshots = dead Spartan.

Thrusters + melee = hilarity. I'm playing games like Terry Tate, Office Linebacker. Boosting into people and whapping them. Other fun tactic, jumping up and prepping a ground pound for someone who is coming out of a corridor (and can't see me). Teehee.

ADS seems to be cosmetic for most weapons. Haven't gotten my hands on a SMG yet though. Aliens callback with the AR; tight controlled bursts are scary accurate, using ADS or not.

I am reasonably sure they are trolling you / it is a placeholder.

guy on stream said they have no plans for it right now, instead we have the new design and a hydra multi rocket launcher, guessing a new power weapon.

Having a wild guess, thinking that the new rocket launcher is a single shot reload to balance out the multi shot hydra.

Hope I'm wrong on the 29th in thinking the new zoom "mechanic" is going to rupture the Precision/Automatic weapon dynamic

Not to put too fine a point on it, but in "traditional Halo" there really isn't a Precision/Automatic weapon dynamic. Automatics suck, Precision weapons don't. Wouldn't call that a dynamic :p

WHY

WHY
Honestly it seems that 343 does this because they wanna put their own bullshit designs in Halo, and give a big fuck you to Halo.

ryan299

Gun designs shouldn't be touched. 343 can enhance them but don't change the look. Rocket launcher should always be the same.

My thing is still downloading. It downloaded 20% in 10 minutes but has slowed down so much in the last hour.

ShogunX

Not really understanding the posts when people say ''it's not Halo'' honestly this just feels like a more accessible version of Halo but it's still very much Halo.

It's not classic Halo ok but it doesn't seem to be trying to be and I think that's a good thing. From what I've played so far it's going to be a lot easier to pick up and play and a bit more forgiving to the newer players but the better players are still going to dominate.

The rocket launcher needs to evolve, man.

You seem to have a rather large chip on your shoulder it must be said. Drop the cynical act it's boring.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
Welp. Is it a good or bad thing that Fishstick seems to be the easiest control scheme to work with?

Second match left me feeling drained. Oh, and I noticed that death cams now work the same way they do in CoD where projectiles like grenades are followed by the camera.

WHY

WHY
Ugh.

Not really understanding the posts when people say ''it's not Halo'' honestly this just feels like a more accessible version of Halo but it's still very much Halo.
That didn't work out very well for Halo 4.

Tested it on another account and it worked fine. Maybe the second code is strictly one location no matter what the account/console is.

Also tested it on my account on my main xbox where I redeemed it and it still doesn't work :S

That special invitation thing should be it's own tile. Check to make sure that it installed.

Caayn

With descope I guess it's not as bad as it could be.

Still, it shouldn't tighten the spread. That's just stupid and I hope they change it.
I agree the tighten spread when zooming in is bad. To make it worse the SMG isn't the only weapon on which ADS has effect. The AR as well.

http://a.pomf.se/ualuog.webm
We've known about this for some time now. They've talked about it in interviews before too, specifically with the SMG.

No idea why people kept saying ADS was purely cosmetic.
Wasn't it announced as costmetic ADS, that it wouldn't affect gameplay. And players would be 100% free to use it.

WHY

WHY
How do they come to the that conclusion? It's been in every single Halo game. Just tweak the design a bit but why throw it away now?

BraXzy

I like that Prophets Bane is pretty damn cumbersome. Whenever I pick it up I feel like I'm at a disadvantage even though it's killer.

Top Bottom