• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Semi related but this has reminded me of that one mode they had in the Reach beta: Generator Defense. If we ever see Elites in multi again... I'd really like that to come back. Not as a FF mode, but as it was in the beta. That was a fun game.
You got it right, the gametype was Firefight Versus which was 2v2, Spartans vs Elites + Covenant AI.
FUNKNOWN

TM or M6D?
0LQaZKL.png
0LQaZKL.png
0LQaZKL.png

-Ryn

Banned
You got it right, the gametype was Firefight Versus which was 2v2, Spartans vs Elites + Covenant AI.
Yeah that mode suffered from similar issues as Generator Defense iirc. Only worse. Complete lagfest a good amount of the time and the Spartans had apparently been taking their vitamins because they got BUFFED.

Never understood why Elites always started with the shittiest weapons instead of the needle rifle.

539d0b3ec90e8c71b6000065.gif

PC version is great, can't wait for the server browser though, just had a game then and the host picked Eden swat... With 16 fucking players!!!! Lol!

Most were level 1 so I shat on the lot of them :)

Is kbam the way to go or not?
I think halo 5 suits controllers more.

-Ryn

Banned
God damn this game. So good but I forgot about how weird the aiming feels. Anybody got good suggestions for aim settings?

Got to Diamond six, let me finish getting to Onyx! Three games later I’m Diamond five! Hmm that’s not so bad I can come back. Next game we are up like 42-30 and out of nowhere I get disconnected from the server (my internet was fine, big surprise there.) Now I’m Diamond four because I “quit.” Next game I go against a premade that has a Champion 6…

Now, I'm Diamond three. This game is so disheartening. It doesn't matter how much I play and try to get better, I just constantly get shit on.

Ok, I'm Diamond five, I'll stop bitching for now.

this is so much fun. despite my qualms with Halo 5 itself, using forge on PC and customs makes me not give a crap right now.

-Ryn

Banned
Welp. That was a fun night. I think my biggest issue was the aim acceleration. Thanks again Waffles because setting those deadzones to 0 was great. Ended up taking everything up a notch though.

Sesitivity: 7
Aim Accel: 5
Dead Zones: 0

Can't wait to play again.

this is so much fun. despite my qualms with Halo 5 itself, using forge on PC and customs makes me not give a crap right now.
That shit free for people who bought the game on the One? I might have to give it a look.

Welp. That was a fun night. I think my biggest issue was the aim acceleration. Thanks again Waffles because setting those deadzones to 0 was great. Ended up taking everything up a notch though.

Sesitivity: 7
Aim Accel: 5
Dead Zones: 0

Can't wait to play again.

That shit free for people who bought the game on the One? I might have to give it a look.

My exact settings too.

Inner 0
Outer 3

*slow clap

Sanjuro

I don't want loadouts either. What I would like is a drop down. Basically have a slot for each weapon, then move down to equip the variant from lowest level to highest.

Drives me nuts that everything is all located on a left to right scroll.

Trup1aya

Molten is the worst halo map I've ever played.

So many wierd ass angles and corners, so few lines of sight, no flow, bad spawns

It literally has no redeeming qualities.

Molten is the worst halo map I've ever played.

So many wierd ass angles and corners, so few lines of sight, no flow, bad spawns

It literally has no redeeming qualities.

I used to think Rig was bad. Lol. Almost every game of Molten I've played has been a sweat fest, ranked teams huddling in two rooms watching all angles. Total shit for Slayer. Can't see it working for strongholds either.

BizzyBum

I used to think Rig was bad. Lol. Almost every game of Molten I've played has been a sweat fest, ranked teams huddling in two rooms watching all angles. Total shit for Slayer. Can't see it working for strongholds either.

It's shit for FFA, too.

It's just shit.

Trup1aya

lava though

Lipstick on a pig

Molten is a great map.

Lol in what way? It surpasses Overgrowth and Riptide in its awfulness... That is an impressive feat.

I can't imagine it works well with any gametype... Infection maybe?...

Fuchsdh

lol, i secretly love overgrowth...

guess it's no longer a secret?

mind you, i only play strongholds on it, as i only actually play team arena playlist.

just satisfying to rotate between strongholds on that map for me for some reason, despite its many flaws.

This is my take too. It's a lot of fun to play on Strongholds, I've never played anything else on it.

Akai__

Remember haven before they add the lights? Impossible to tell the difference.

Yeah, that was also terrible. Don't like it if maps are only 1 color basically. Needs more color coded areas. Mercy already has those colored details, but they should have embraced them more.

Feel like 343i is sometimes focusing on the wrong things. Maps should not only look pretty, but they should also look functional and not too busy. Trying to find that balance is key.

Sanjuro

Lol u noobs need to get more better at Molten. LOL!

I have no problem with the spawns. Doesn't feel like anyone has an advantage if they hold down a specific area.

The only map with bad spawns I've encountered is that new forge one I played yesteday. I think it's new and not White Cell.

Trup1aya

I have no problem with the spawns. Doesn't feel like anyone has an advantage if they hold down a specific area.

The only map with bad spawns I've encountered is that new forge one I played yesteday. I think it's new and not White Cell.

"Getting good" doesn't change the fact that the map is horrible. The best players in the world also happen to agree... And for the same reasons.

It's doodoo

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Only had time last night to run around mercy alone, but holy wow is it stunning! This is far and away the prettiest map, it's like 343 is finding their stride with the engine and what it's capable of. Also, love the small changes to sight lines and all the jumps. Getting around the map quickly will be really easy.

op_ivy

Molten is not great but it's better than overgrowth, halo 5s worst map

m23

I like Molten on doubles, not so much 4v4.

Only had time last night to run around mercy alone, but holy wow is it stunning! This is far and away the prettiest map, it's like 343 is finding their stride with the engine and what it's capable of. Also, love the small changes to sight lines and all the jumps. Getting around the map quickly will be really easy.

There are a couple more ways to get from the bottom to mid-top now, love the layout.

op_ivy

There are a couple more ways to get from the bottom to mid-top now, love the layout.

And from the top wings back to bottom lifts, or to the giant ramp and around back to top mid or open big ramp

(Apologies, I don't know the callouts)

Trup1aya

Molten is not great but it's better than overgrowth, halo 5s worst map

See overgrowth is a bad map, but it played much better in stronghold since it brings the action to the more viable portions of the map.

But molten doesn't have any good areas at all. the wierd angles and cramped hallways just incentivize crouching in corners.

Sanjuro

"Getting good" doesn't change the fact that the map is horrible. The best players in the world also happen to agree... And for the same reasons.

It's doodoo

Get good is a perfectly acceptable response to LOL.

I enjoy the map and have fun playing with it. Outside poor performance, haven't had a compliant.

The entire game has awful spawns, your talking about Halo 5 right?

Trup1aya

Get good is a perfectly acceptable response to LOL.

I enjoy the map and have fun playing with it. Outside poor performance, haven't had a compliant.

I said lol because I legit thought there was a chance you were joking.

I think 'different strokes for different folks' will mean that each map is liked by someone. But I never thought I'd see someone claim the Molten is "great" when it's been pretty much panned by everyone I've come in contact with.

TCKaos

Dear 343,

If you're going to rob me of my Diamond or Onyx by giving me shit games to start and end my ranking process (including the servers shitting out and not recording two wins and also having quitters vs full teams, leading to multiple 1v4 situations) please have the common decency to match me with Platinums afterwards instead of taunting me with Diamond and Onyx opponents.

Sincerely,
TCKaos

Top Bottom