• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

SaganIsGOAT

Man that file browser is so great. Being able to just type in racetrack and have loads of tracks that are instantly playable appear before me was sweet. well done 343

Yup, solo. Wasn't that bad on release, but it was downright awful just now. So bad that it soured me on the prospect of even booting it up again in its entirety. I think it took the entirety of the opening 2 minutes for us to get pushed back into one base and get spawncamped for 15 min straight and I would have backed out on the spot if I didn't have a boost going on.

What a disaster.

I loved BF1. If they fix the memory leak, I am going to be picking it up for sure. Even if my team blew chunks at times, you could still get shit done on that game and even if that wasn't the case, at least it was pretty to look at. I mean, dying in (and I am not even kidding) a span of 5-10 seconds every single time without fail while nobody says a word in chat and the other team is obviously fully stacked, no thanks, not ever again.

Well for one, the maps are much bigger in BF1 and theres more points to go for. So if youre getting wrecked going for C all the time, you can change it up and go for E, or F, etc..

In warzone, theres 3 points. So if your getting wrecked getting the middle base and you already have the base thats next to your core, well youre basically fucked. So everyone just either dies trying to get middle or stays at the base they already have to not lose it and expose the core.

Theres no way to turn the tide of battle in warzone. Its borderline impossible. And it also shows that these guys have never ever made a game type like this before. Hell, id be surprised if they even played BF games regularly at 343. If they did, theyd know how bad this is.

-Ryn

Banned
Hadn't played Halo 5 since last december I guess..

Tried one round of Warzone today. You'd have to fucking pay me if I were to ever play a game of Halo 5 multiplayer again. What the fuck happened to this game? Got dumped against what seemed to be a fully stacked team, got spawncamped from beginning till the end and they wouldn't even bother to take the core.

What in the living fuck are you supposed to do when you're against a stacked team (4 guys in their team had 40+ kills in no time) who insta spawnkill your ass with the most ridiculous weapons.

One round of Warzone had me more frustrated than the entirety of the BF1 beta. Man, what a shitshow. The game even stuttered as all hell too, what good does 60fps even do if the game jitters like a freaking madman and fucks up your aim the entire time.
Give Arena a shot if ya haven't. There's some much better game types in there for those who want a competitive or more likely balanced experience.

Warzone is pretty much a balls out fuckery fest.

giphy.gif

Ah, the echo chamber of people that hate warzone.
I'm not so sure that's an echo chamber lol

Strongholds is a massive intelligence test and about 70% of the playerbase is failing it. The game's been out almost a year; how do people not know that secures are more important than captures by now?

People that hate warzone conferring with each other about how bad warzone is. To that point, try the playlists in the arena section. Halo 5 isn't just warzone.

Problem is, if your a long time BTB guy and they fucked that up in favor a wazone, then go into warzone and its a god damn mess, what do we do? Ya Arena is great. But BTB isnt and neither is warzone and as a long time BTB fan, i find that incredibly infuriating.

Karl2177

Strongholds is a massive intelligence test and about 70% of the playerbase is failing it. The game's been out almost a year; how do people not know that secures are more important than captures by now?
You need to play some more Assault some time. I've had multiple games where my teammates try to capture the bomb. Or when my teammates take a flag in the wrong direction. Like there's literally a UI element telling you "TAKE IT HERE" and they just say "I don't think that's right. I'll just go the opposite of what it's telling me."

Ade

I'm in Ohio. Just played a team speaking Spanish. Their gamertags suggest they are from chile. Come the fuck on.

UK, I get teams of laggy people from France or Russia, arena is balls. I'm gold and routinely go against diamonds.

Solo queuing is fucked, but surely there's enough population to not give me quitters or people 2 divisions above me.

I pretty much stick with firefight nowadays

Just saw the Hannibal wasp from that polygon gameplay and all I got to say is... Fuck Yes!

Now let's just hope all that other shit that was shown in those files come out soon. Blown away by it really if it does come true cause that's a lot of fucking extra work. Good job 343.

Ade

yeah why do I not play only with people living in my street huh?

FIX YO GAME 43434 !!

There's a difference between my street and a geographical area larger than the US and 2 ranks in MMR difference.

I love the game, heck im SR145, I've played a fair bit, but recently arena MM just seems to be getting worse and worse.

(and yea, before anyone trawls my match history. I'm shit. But I at least deserve to play with other shit people)

IHaveIce

Banned
There's a difference between my street and a geographical area larger than the US and 2 ranks in MMR difference.

I love the game, heck im SR145, I've played a fair bit, but recently arena MM just seems to be getting worse and worse.

(and yea, before anyone trawls my match history. I'm shit. But I at least deserve to play with other shit people)

I'm just messing with ya, but this is par the course for all Halo games in the EU in my experience, this long after release I play against people all over the continent on the trashiest servers and the rank matchups are way too wide.

U know what would fix this? A custom game browser :(

FRANKLEZ

The Flash

Banned
NIce OT Sir Dany

Hope this Brute update turns out to be true. I've always wanted to see what more Brute weapons would look like.

-Ryn

Banned
People that hate warzone conferring with each other about how bad warzone is. To that point, try the playlists in the arena section. Halo 5 isn't just warzone.
I've always known an echo chamber as when someone spouts an opinion and will ignore any responses which don't support that opinion (which as far as I can tell, Grave hasn't really done).

Just my 2 cents lol

I get this so much... But am in California so didn't assume it was actually Mexico servers
Same deal for me since I'm in Oregon. Speaking of which, you were very right about the beer here Madness. Thanks for the sweet tips.

You need to play some more Assault some time. I've had multiple games where my teammates try to capture the bomb. Or when my teammates take a flag in the wrong direction. Like there's literally a UI element telling you "TAKE IT HERE" and they just say "I don't think that's right. I'll just go the opposite of what it's telling me."
I'm not sure which is more frustrating. The person who just doesn't know how to play, or the person who deliberately sctews everyone by helping the enemy team.

Is there any indication or hope that Brutes could be added into Warzone and Firefight?
Afaik the only clues we have are the weapon files. Nothing linking it to full on Brute implementation unfortunately but let's keep our fingers crossed!

Sanjuro

Yeah, if there are any lists and whatnot people use on here when looking for additional players or teammates wouldn't mind being added.

I have to say, I'm glad I gave this game the second go. I played only a handful of games and stopped single player campaign shortly after launch. Doom got me back into the FPS mood, and had no idea how enjoyable the multiplayer experience really has gotten. It's not perfect. Better than it has been in a long while.

Hadn't played Halo 5 since last december I guess..

Tried one round of Warzone today. You'd have to fucking pay me if I were to ever play a game of Halo 5 multiplayer again. What the fuck happened to this game? Got dumped against what seemed to be a fully stacked team, got spawncamped from beginning till the end and they wouldn't even bother to take the core.

What in the living fuck are you supposed to do when you're against a stacked team (4 guys in their team had 40+ kills in no time) who insta spawnkill your ass with the most ridiculous weapons.

One round of Warzone had me more frustrated than the entirety of the BF1 beta. Man, what a shitshow. The game even stuttered as all hell too, what good does 60fps even do if the game jitters like a freaking madman and fucks up your aim the entire time.

don't think you should be judging halo 5's MP via its casual / arcade / general bullshit mode.

play some team arena, slayer, community action sack, etc.

the matchmaking will STILL frustrate you [pitting solo queuers against organized teams of 4], but it's still a much tighter / focused game than that warzone trash...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
And teaming me with plat and gold teammates. It's amazing how much better my experience is when I'm placed diamond as opposed to platinum. I still get suit on by teams of 4 from time to time, but I don't find I get as many clueless teammates which is the biggest source of my halo frustrations.

Having reached diamond again this morning, and losing every game since, I take it back. I take it all back.

-Ryn

Banned
I sure hope Reach gets bundled with Halo 3 anniversary if that happens. That's the one game that I don't think would really benefit at all from a remaster. Just bump the res and fps really.

You're making me wanna play Reach again.
Reach is a good game

Reach is a good game

When you're not dealing with armor lock, absolutely. Love me some Reach. It also had my favorite OST, and prior to Halo 5, my favorite campaign levels. It's also really good at communicating a consistent "mood".

Where does good fall on the perfect or complete shit scale? Tell me more about this good.

I think it's like... an 8.8. Or something. I thought all games were either awful, which is a 7 or 8, decent, which is a 9, or perfect, which is a 10.

All games I like deserve a 10.

I've always known an echo chamber as when someone spouts an opinion and will ignore any responses which don't support that opinion (which as far as I can tell, Grave hasn't really done).

Just my 2 cents lol

Yeah, nah.

• an echo chamber is a metaphorical description of a situation in which information, ideas, or beliefs are amplified or reinforced by transmission and repetition inside an "enclosed" system, where different or competing views are censored, disallowed, or otherwise underrepresented.

What you're describing is sticking your fingers in your ears.

New Warzone Assault map looks so good, finally got it in rotation but didn't get past the Temple :<

That's because Temple has a massive defenders' advantage and ridiculous spawns for offense, especially vehicles in late game. It's real pretty but I've yet to have a decent match on it.

Where does good fall on the perfect or complete shit scale? Tell me more about this good.

Better than Molten, that's for sure.

FyreWulff

Anyone happen to know of a recording/clip of the "Turn and burn" announcer line from Halo 4 Dominion? It's like, missing from every collection I can find.

It's triggered when the other team has almost won in Dominion.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, nah.

• an echo chamber is a metaphorical description of a situation in which information, ideas, or beliefs are amplified or reinforced by transmission and repetition inside an "enclosed" system, where different or competing views are censored, disallowed, or otherwise underrepresented.

What you're describing is sticking your fingers in your ears.

That's because Temple has a massive defenders' advantage and ridiculous spawns for offense, especially vehicles in late game. It's real pretty but I've yet to have a decent match on it.

Given that the last two Assault maps make the "easy" phase the first round, giving the defenders a higher chance seems to be an intentional design goal.

Given that the last two Assault maps make the "easy" phase the first round, giving the defenders a higher chance seems to be an intentional design goal.

Which makes no sense when they've given "data" in the past that show that overall win statistics are a virtual tie. And on Temple, if the defenders have even the slightest bit of intelligence, neither of the first two stages is easy. They spawn on high rocks overlooking your attack paths. Like, c'mon.

New Warzone Assault map looks so good, finally got it in rotation but didn't get past the Temple :<

It's way too easy for the Defenders on all three bases. The first base, they have no fewer than three vantage points, two of which they can easily poke with BRs from, and the middle that literally lets them fall onto the base (possibly with ground pounds).

On the second base, it's one of the most open bases in the entirety of Warzone. Good luck keeping them out of that, especially if a few decide to cloak to halt the capture.

On the third, there's not a lot of sightlines to the openings of the base. Attackers are funneled into the core base more aggressively than in any other WZA map. The defenders don't really have to try to keep the enemy team out, so long as they have a decent amount of firepower on either side.

I love the aesthetics of Temple, but it plays horribly. Worse than Summit, honestly. Who needs to spawn vehicles into the base when you can just fall onto the base from your spawn? To make matters worse, attackers will often spawn right in the open, right in front of the defenders and their lovely hilltop cover.

Akai__

Why wasn't that shit in Memories of Reach?

Because it wasn't ready. You can see that it's a very basic model and not really finished. It's probably missing animations, sounds and everything there else is that makes the weapons work.

Edit: Gamecheat just said "It's pretty much finished aside from HUD".

Cranster

Banned
Seems like alot of work was done with them though, so I imagine they will be released in future updates once they are completed, Would be a waste not to release them anyway.

Top Bottom