• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Where is Fyre? He said he was hoping the Scorpio would have a lot more ram. Based on the gaming side thread, it appears that might not be the case... I wanted to get his thoughts or anyone elee that is knowledgeable on hardware specs. I really want the Scorpio to impress, or at the very least run current gen games really well.

Only 11M XP until 151!

RIP me
Dag yo that's impressive. Congrats
I like the Req system, but would also like to see the number of variants reduced and include other modifications like others have suggested.
Yep this.

Where is Fyre? He said he was hoping the Scorpio would have a lot more ram. Based on the gaming side thread, it appears that might not be the case... I wanted to get his thoughts or anyone elee that is knowledgeable on hardware specs. I really want the Scorpio to impress, or at the very least run current gen games really well.

Dag yo that's impressive. Congrats

Yep this.

Well are moving from 1.31 TF of GPU power to 6TF. That alone will move games into the 'impressive' zone for you. :p Until we receiver more info on the specs, we all are just in the waiting game.

The thread is a shitshow that only confirmed two things for us. 4x more L2 Cache and the removal of the 32mb ESRAM. Nothing at all in concrete evidence about the amount of ram. Only speculation of 12Gbs based on the video showing a render of the motherboard.

Basically the same info we've had since its been announced. Nothing new or really exciting. Yet, when there is any ounce of bad news for anything MS, the thread will blow up for no good damn reason. EXAMPLE: SCALEBOUND CANCELLATION

Well are moving from 1.31 TF of GPU power to 6TF. That alone will move games into the 'impressive' zone for you. :p Until we receiver more info on the specs, we all are just in the waiting game.

The thread is a shitshow that only confirmed two things for us. 4x more L2 Cache and the removal of the 32mb ESRAM. Nothing at all in concrete evidence about the amount of ram. Only speculation of 12Gbs based on the video showing a render of the motherboard.

Basically the same info we've had since its been announced. Nothing new or really exciting. Yet, when there is any ounce of bad news for anything MS, the thread will blow up for no good damn reason. EXAMPLE: SCALEBOUND CANCELLATION

lol yeah i left that thread. They use DFs speculative hardware examples as confirmations. Im sure that document is real but as far as hardware goes, we literally know nothing new.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

MS threads have about as much sense as halo twitch chat.

If Halo 5 and the Mater Chief Collection don't receive updates I'll view the Scorpio as useless as I'll be playing Microsoft games on my computer.

For those of you who remember my journey to get unbanned from the Xbox forums:
Tjh3vQm.jpg
The day has finally come!
ty all.

Pretty good.

I'm definately fine with loadout weapons being direct purchase with points.

I'm less ok with ALL reqs being unlockable by all 3 means. There should be quite a few commendation-only custom items that can be worn as a badge of honor. There probably should be some cash only req too (special promotions, esports teams etc).

Oh, yeah, a few edge cases like that would be fine. I would make the commendation-only ones pretty rare, though, and pretty brutal. Achilles-tier.

Trup1aya

Oh, yeah, a few edge cases like that would be fine. I would make the commendation-only ones pretty rare, though, and pretty brutal. Achilles-tier.

There's too many opportunities to link the puns In the commendation title to the lore of the armor sets. They cant pass that up.

How'd you manage that?
No idea lol. Years ago I was banned for reasons UNKNOWN (probably calling out a mod), but recently noticed the ban was either lifted or the site must've went through an overhaul, clearing the ban list in the process.

Every so often I'll share this story on here, usually whenever I need to venture into the Xbox forums. It's at those points when I'm reminded of this ban of epic proportions, but after all these years.. I am free.

No idea lol. Years ago I was banned for reasons UNKNOWN (probably calling out a mod), but recently noticed the ban was either lifted or the site must've went through an overhaul, clearing the ban list in the process.

Every so often I'll share this story on here, usually whenever I need to venture into the Xbox forums. It's at those points when I'm reminded of this ban of epic proportions, but after all these years.. I am free.

So you got ya willy chopped off then?

EYEL1NER

I FINALLY won an Arcade match of any type in Overwatch just now, my first win after playing for a while, so I was eager to switch over to H5 and see if my luck would carry over. I got a "There was an error blah blah blah you won't have access to online features" message the first time I tried to load the game, then a lengthy time waiting to connect to the servers before getting a generic "Issue with H5 servers" message, and now am waiting a long amount of time to connect again.
I guess getting a couple games in tonight just wasn't meant to be.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm in (maybe). Let's see if things hold stable for a while. Not off to a good start though.

EDIT 2: Glad I stuck with it. Just had a Strongholds match on Scavenger, my most-hated gametype on one of my least-liked maps. I was the top of my team with 2 Capture Sprees and 11 total caps. I went 8-11 which is more kills than I usually get in a match. It was a close game too and it wound up going to 150-146. The opposing team got total control towards the end but we managed to re-cap two strongholds and keep them. That was actually fun, a close strongholds match where my team didn't just get completely stomped on the whole time and no one was getting out of the map and stuff. There weren't a ton of quitters, no one was afk... It was just a plain old good match.
I'm looking at my team's stats though and one guy went 42-9. Three people actually got above 35 kills on my team, so that was a testament to the other team's skill to be able to keep the game that close while being slaughtered by a couple people from mine.
If only all Strongholds matches I play could be so fun. Even if we had lost that one, it would have still been a highly enjoyable match.
I'm actually looking at that guy who went 42-9's stats and he was a beast. He only got one cap but he contributed a lot in the way of kills. 28 BR kills, 33 headshots, the Triple Double medal, two killing frenzies... Another guy on my team got a Killamanjaro and 26 headshots, also getting 28 BR kills. I hope I don't wind up opposite them any time soon.

Thanks man. Perhaps we will have another leak before E3. Honestly though, it might be better not to know anything new until E3. And lol about that thread blowing up for any kind of bad news because it's so true.

EYEL1NER

I was just thinking a bit ago: they added commendations for a lot of different things, like WZFF wins, but I'm surprised there was never a Goblin Jockey Kill commendation added.

And TJG, it's easier for me to hammer this out here than on the controller, but that was my last match of the evening. I would have replied to your message sooner but I was mid-match. I actually didn't realize that you joined the match and then got dropped from it too, but if you didn't see it: we lost at the end. Couldn't take out the four knights in time, let alone whatever boss was gonna come up after that. And then when I was backing out of the WZ menu after sending you that message, the game hard crashed to the dashboard anyway. Thanks for wanting to party up with me though, maybe next time.

I can't play this game anymore. The last couple weeks feels like matchmaking is completely broken. I'm tired of getting matched up with unbalanced teams and getting slaughtered mercilessly. Like, in every game type I tried ranked and social.

Unstable

I was just thinking a bit ago: they added commendations for a lot of different things, like WZFF wins, but I'm surprised there was never a Goblin Jockey Kill commendation added.

And TJG, it's easier for me to hammer this out here than on the controller, but that was my last match of the evening. I would have replied to your message sooner but I was mid-match. I actually didn't realize that you joined the match and then got dropped from it too, but if you didn't see it: we lost at the end. Couldn't take out the four knights in time, let alone whatever boss was gonna come up after that. And then when I was backing out of the WZ menu after sending you that message, the game hard crashed to the dashboard anyway. Thanks for wanting to party up with me though, maybe next time.
It's all good fam 😁.

Serves me right though; Was half hoping I could snag an easy daily win by squeezing in. 😉

I can't play this game anymore. The last couple weeks feels like matchmaking is completely broken. I'm tired of getting matched up with unbalanced teams and getting slaughtered mercilessly. Like, in every game type I tried ranked and social.

Agreed, H5 is a hyper competitive game in terms of teams, player skill base, maps and gametypes. They really need to bridge that gap between social and warzone far better to retain population.

Agreed, H5 is a hyper competitive game in terms of teams, player skill base, maps and gametypes. They really need to bridge that gap between social and warzone far better to retain population.

Its one of the reasons i play primarily FF now. Getting wreaked every 2 games isnt my idea of fun.

Ill go in social every once in a while but ranked, unless its swat i stay away.

Thanks man. Perhaps we will have another leak before E3. Honestly though, it might be better not to know anything new until E3. And lol about that thread blowing up for any kind of bad news because it's so true.

Of Course, no problem. I like to keep tabs on it since i wanna buy it day 1 lol. I have a gut feeling that they will have an event for Scorpio before e3. It'll show off just some 1st party game differences. Then they will use that type of attention to have everyone want to see how 3rd party games will look and tell them to watch their e3. Just a guess though.

I feel you on that. I stopped playing Skirmish and just exclusively play Fiesta. Then when i feel comfy with my sloppy aim i jump into Ranked Slayer. Even then with slayer, i get weird laggy matches, teammates who go 1 - 15. After 1 or 2 games of frustration i just head over to WZFF to grind REQ Points.

LAG: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SaMuRaI G0SU/video/26165443
Same game again: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SaMuRaI G0SU/video/26165421

I dont even want to talk about how the forge maps look to me now lol

Woorloog

Banned
I forget, did Halo 5 have theater mode or does one have to use that Xbone recording thing (i have no idea how to use that)?
Or is the latter used in theater mode?

Haruko

I forget, did Halo 5 have theater mode or does one have to use that Xbone recording thing (i have no idea how to use that)?
Or is the latter used in theater mode?

Use theater mode to replay the part you want and use Game DVR to capture the video

Who are you again?

I am your shield, I am your sword. Why does you avatar still look like a dong?

Was the 2nd one ever made??

Well there was the beta tage, and then the first tage. So techincally....yes?

When's the deadline again? The email?

I need to send in all of my dope ass SWAT double kills yo

halogafmontage@gmail.com - was meant to be the 20th, but my ban here has allowed for an extension.

Shit, I have a bunch but I never sent them since I thought you died. Later this week.

No probs.

Been like that since day one and has gotten progressively worse as the population has declined. Had a game last night where all three of my teammates goosed in a slayer in skirmish playlist. Think I played three games of MCC and three games of H5, lost them all despite performing the best in most of them. After a while the relentless losing of games just feels unnatural. Could also only find games in expanded search and that was in skirmish, top of the social MM list. All this a great shame as Halo 5's gameplay is ace. Teams vs randoms just kills it.

The key is to not play to win if you are solo-ing.

That's what I do anyway, I often go 30-15 in super fiesta and still get pumped, and I still have fun.

Woorloog

Banned
Okay, what the fuck?

Halo Channel is a complete piece of shit. The old Waypoint on 360 had a bit of form over function but it worked fine for most part. This Halo Channel is both ugly as hell (how is orange and white related to Halo?), and incredibly bad. Hard to find what i'm looking for, and hard to get anything to work.

I pick Halo 2 terminals from MCC, looks like it would play them all. Nah, of course not. It plays one, then starts offering other videos from queue i have never set up, videos i'm not interested in. Fine, i'll play them manually then. The second terminal defaults to... Spanish? I have no idea, but sure isn't playing it in English. I open the language menu and English is clearly chosen, and does indeed play afterwards. This same happens with the third video, and at that point i'm not even bothering anymore. I'll just watch them from youtube or something.

Instead, i watch Nightfall. Works fine, i guess, except closed captions are clearly made with speech to text program and not checked to be accurate, and they don't even always play. (Speaking of subtitles during terminals, why is the text white on black bar background, obscuring the video?) Not only that, around midpoint the language randomly changes to Spanish or whatever else, without any input from me. While trying to fix this, the controls freeze completely for, dunno, maybe 15 seconds.

Let me guess, i'm not the only one with problems with this piece of shit garbage?

Karl2177

Okay, what the fuck?

Halo Channel is a complete piece of shit. The old Waypoint on 360 had a bit of form over function but it worked fine for most part. This Halo Channel is both ugly as hell (how is orange and white related to Halo?), and incredibly bad. Hard to find what i'm looking for, and hard to get anything to work.

I pick Halo 2 terminals from MCC, looks like it would play them all. Nah, of course not. It plays one, then starts offering other videos from queue i have never set up, videos i'm not interested in. Fine, i'll play them manually then. The second terminal defaults to... Spanish? I have no idea, but sure isn't playing it in English. I open the language menu and English is clearly chosen, and does indeed play afterwards. This same happens with the third video, and at that point i'm not even bothering anymore. I'll just watch them from youtube or something.

Instead, i watch Nightfall. Works fine, i guess, except closed captions are clearly made with speech to text program and not checked to be accurate, and they don't even always play. (Speaking of subtitles during terminals, why is the text white on black bar background, obscuring the video?) Not only that, around midpoint the language randomly changes to Spanish or whatever else, without any input from me. While trying to fix this, the controls freeze completely for, dunno, maybe 15 seconds.

Let me guess, i'm not the only one with problems with this piece of shit garbage?

Correct. The Android app is completely non-functional and has been since it came out. The Windows 10 app has only worked on my new computer, didn't work on my old computer, and doesn't work on my laptop. I get the Spanish issue and on some of the terminals I can't even switch back to English. Additionally my queue is permanently set to what it was around December 2015 and I cannot add or remove items from it. The whole thing is broken.

Woorloog

Banned
Haven't even tried it on this computer... My only experience with Windows Store was downloading an extension for Edge and it was a complete catastrophe. Don't think i'll even bother, i guess.

Don't suppose they offer browser-streaming option?

EDIT Looks like not. Waypoint site does list my queue correctly though. But that is arguably an insult on top of these problems.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the waypoint app needs to be scrapped or completely rebuilt. It was nice at launch when there was lots of fresh content at least.

Top Bottom