• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Destiny PVP has been ass since April 2015

You mean since July of 2014 when the beta started?

Destiny was ass since its inception. It has plenty of Stockholm syndrome fans though, "No really, Destiny is really good if you spend $120 on the expansions!"

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I guess i can start catching up.on this thread now... been avoiding it and team beyond as im slowly trying to watch all of hcs st louis and didnt want to get spoiled. But halo 5s boot up screen did it anyways. Oh well!

You mean since July of 2014 when the beta started?

Destiny was ass since its inception. It has plenty of Stockholm syndrome fans though, "No really, Destiny is really good if you spend $120 on the expansions!"

Nah it was good when it launched and then Sage finished rebraiding his beard and came back to work.

Woorloog

Banned
The Halo Channel app works absolutely fine on my phone...

Far better than on my Xbox at least.

WP, Android, iOS?

Anyway. Nightfall. Wasn't as bad as i had read but Forward Unto Dawn is certainly better.
The biggest issue are the uninteresting characters, of course. Also suffers from similar issues as Prometheus, namely stupidity and contrived coincidences (and nonsense scifi, element 121 lol). But other than that, it was OK (better than Prometheus).

I wonder if that supposed live-action Halo TV series amounts to anything. Somehow i doubt it will.

jem0208

WP, Android, iOS?

Anyway. Nightfall. Wasn't as bad as i had read but Forward Unto Dawn is certainly better.
The biggest issue are the uninteresting characters, of course. Also suffers from similar issues as Prometheus, namely stupidity and contrived coincidences (and nonsense scifi, element 121 lol). But other than that, it was OK (better than Prometheus).

I wonder if that supposed live-action Halo TV series amounts to anything. Somehow i doubt it will.
Android, Oneplus One.

The biggest problem with with Nightfall was the episodal format. It spent more time recapping what happened previously than the actual episode. Combine that with a frankly boring plot and forgettable characters and writing and it's a bit of a waste of time.

Forward unto Dawn was definitely better.

Woorloog

Banned
After reading a bit about Randall from Halopedia, it seems he at least would've made just fine character. If there had been time to develop him a bit more in Nightfall. Not atypical issue with TV/film though.
At least he wasn't as bad as the ONI guys, never even caught their names. Oh, well, whatever.

Conceptually, returning to a Halo's fragment is pretty neat, certainly makes for nice landscapes, even if they had to make it burnt all over.
A shame about not using the Flood, a lekgolo variation is a bit... exotic, for anyone not delved into Halo's lore more deeply. Not to mention, doesn't really match what we see elsewhere, where lekgolo colonies like Hunters can die from losing some of their numbers. (Yes yes, they're Forerunner modified but that doesn't really help things any, just makes them even more complicated.)

Would like to see a live action Halo set during the Covie war, middle years. You know, 2535-2540 or so. That time period hasn't really been covered. Perhaps a good Covie point of view as well, show how things are at High Charity or some other colony of theirs.

Haruko

VuG3gqF.png

I have a friend who's high up in the chain of HLG (Hidden League Gaming) and they host custom games to hold interviews for joining their clan lmao. Long story short, they got Huke and bubu dubu checking 'em out:
They made a couch for people to sit down while they get interviewed lol. These corners of the Halo community are hilarious to me, and it's cool that we now have a browser to bring randies together outside of matchmaking.

wwm0nkey

Halo's Japanese fanbase is small, passionate, and extremely strange.

Oh so is Osomatsu-San which is what they recreated. If you guys want some random as hell and pretty funny/crude humor I would recommend it.

Still waiting on someone to recreate some JoJo stuff in Halo

TheOddOne

I have to correct myself from what I said earlier.

There were some really good PVP matches in Destiny I had.. all of them were with this guy.
That one time with Poker was really fun. PVP has gone downhill since then though, I just can't deal with the meta changes every few months.

Woorloog

Banned
Speaking of the Definitive Edition of Halo Wars, is it but resolution/framerate bump for the original in practice, bundled DLC and achievements aside?

Fuchsdh

Speaking of the Definitive Edition of Halo Wars, is it but resolution/framerate bump for the original in practice, bundled DLC and achievements aside?

Not entirely certain I'm parsing that sentence, but yeah it's a resolution and framerate bump over the original with all the DLC. Achievements are slightly tweaked, no co-op completion and general achievement, for instance, more skirmish cumulative ones, etc.

Fuchsdh

So, no new content, better textures or anything else really?

And yes, i write somewhat weirdly at times.

You get the Prima Guide for the game, which is actually really nice from a strategy and lore perspective, but that's it. The models and stuff really hold up well at 4K, I dunno if they touched up textures or they are just not low-res blobs on screen anymore. On PC you get some additional AA toggles and the like, key controls and the usual customization.

Woorloog

Banned
You get the Prima Guide for the game, which is actually really nice from a strategy and lore perspective, but that's it. The models and stuff really hold up well at 4K, I dunno if they touched up textures or they are just not low-res blobs on screen anymore. On PC you get some additional AA toggles and the like, key controls and the usual customization.

Perhaps not quite what i'd call a Definitive Edition but i guess it is not bad at all. (No, i don't know what would be needed for a "Definitive Edition".)

Still not sure if i'll get HW2. I did like HW1 a lot but i'm not quite sold on HW2. Getting HW1DE would be a nice bonus though. I could just play the 360 version but nowadays low resolution (<1080p) and framerate (which isn't even even really IIRC) would frustrate me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Who in god's name is still playing a Halo video game in the year 2017

Like even Frank can't be on that shit at this point

Top Bottom