• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Someone asked if you can bring back a general Halo Community / HaloGAF thread rather than one focused on Halo 5. I chatted with the team about it - please go right ahead. If you'd like to stick to this one, I can rename it.

As background, HaloGAF back in the day was one of the most complained about communities on the forum, but that's not the case with the Halo threads these days. Don't bring back bad habits from those days, and all is well. Let me know if you'd like a title change or if there's anything I can do to help out.

...so is that a yes or no to halo-themed smutty fan art?

belushy

Banned
Someone asked if you can bring back a general Halo Community / HaloGAF thread rather than one focused on Halo 5. I chatted with the team about it - please go right ahead. If you'd like to stick to this one, I can rename it.

As background, HaloGAF back in the day was one of the most complained about communities on the forum, but that's not the case with the Halo threads these days. Don't bring back bad habits from those days, and all is well. Let me know if you'd like a title change or if there's anything I can do to help out.

Gonna make me cry.

...so is that a yes or no to halo-themed smutty fan art?

Jay-Sprays-Manny-With-Water-Bottle-Modern-Family.gif

JDB

Banned

ZkZHPRG.jpg

IHaveIce

Banned

Aaaaww yiss.
We back bois.
Let me guess... the DC community thread is not the most complained about?

Man BTB pistol starts would be good.

Also, Ghal, if you don't mind my asking, what are the behaviors we should be careful about? I know treating new people poorly was a big one, but I wanna be careful.

Aaaaww yiss.
We back bois.
Let me guess... the DC community thread is not the most complained about?

I could see it. Marvel fans are hella snowflake.

:p

If the Halo OT returns, then Ragnarok and his raging nerd rage must rage again!

Doesn't he have an alt now? I seem to remember one of the perennial OT halo haters being him.

Also, Ghal, if you don't mind my asking, what are the behaviors we should be careful about? I know treating new people poorly was a big one, but I wanna be careful.
Easy. Don't be a jerk, don't harass people, especially Hamish (poor guy carries the weight of Requiem on his shoulders), and always remember we ain't shit. Be sensible. Be brave. Always wear after shave. For we're merely just a group of randies brought together for our love of Halo. Nothing less. And nothing more.

Got you, Ghal.

Easy. Just be like G0SU and all will be well.

You'll get Onyx Rank
Unlock all of your REQS at lvl 117
Make crappy videos no one watches
scare newbies with you're really overthe top, not funny comments

and finally

you'll be a god among children

Fix the servers 343i

Karl2177

I gathered today's Spartan Company numbers. I'll create a program that can do the number crunching so it's more accurate than me tinkering in Excel.

Marines, Charges, and Reversals had a per day increase, everything else's per day went down.

Headshot 294 (-5.09%)
First Strike 607 (-7.41%)
Reversal 3329 (+38.89%)
Buckle up 258 (-100%)
Assassin 1258 (-30.77%)
Splatter 1176 (-22.47%)
Ground vehicle 8526 (-17.40%)
Marine 12381 (+33.90%)
Charges 3190 (+21.35%)

Estimated date of completion: 7/3/2017

Fuchsdh

I gathered today's Spartan Company numbers. I'll create a program that can do the number crunching so it's more accurate than me tinkering in Excel.

Marines, Charges, and Reversals had a per day increase, everything else's per day went down.

Headshot 294 (-5.09%)
Reversal 3329 (+38.89%)
Buckle up 258 (-100%)
Assassin 1258 (-30.77%)
Splatter 1176 (-22.47%)
Marine 12381 (+33.90%)
Charges 3190 (+21.35%)

Probably crunching the numbers this way instead of weekly is gonna' drive everyone mad. Our per-day number is not going to be the average based on when people play.

Headshot 294 (-5.09%)
Reversal 3329 (+38.89%)
Buckle up 258 (-100%)
Assassin 1258 (-30.77%)
Splatter 1176 (-22.47%)
Marine 12381 (+33.90%)
Charges 3190 (+21.35%)

Got so many reversals in SWAT, really didn't expect that (that was my first time playing SWAT in H5 actually).
The Buckle Up decrease is brutal but expected. It's so situational. Guess apart from BTB Warzone is the best place to get that as you can literally spawn with sniper rifles and vehicles are everywhere.

Probably crunching the numbers this way instead of weekly is gonna' drive everyone mad. Our per-day number is not going to be the average based on when people play.
Yeah, weekly definitely makes the most sense.

Karl2177

Oh definitely. Weekend numbers are going to be larger. I figure I'll give a daily report with short term(3-day) trends and Mondays (maybe I dunno) give the long term(overall/weekly) trends.

latest-freedom-gif-220.gif

Simpler stories in the games is probably a good idea too. So far I'm really enjoying HW2.

It can be a double edged sword. The stories being complex weren't the issue, it was that the stories told in the individual game never had a conclusion. Sadly
HW2 is also one of them.

TCKaos

Why was HaloGAF the most complained about community back in the day? lol

The backlash stemming from Halo 4's mixed/negative reception created a culture of posters that did nothing but shitpost without playing the game. Combined with several waves of juniors that either attempted to emulate the shitposting to fit in, attempted to be irrationally mad at Microsoft to fit in, or had shitty or indefensible opinions, the community stagnated as the people who played the games didn't post and the people who posted didn't play the games. Add in the massive gulfs of silence between nuggets of info about patches or other franchise works, and it got out of control.

So the community was warned several times for conducting itself in a terrible manner (and rightfully so, it was fucking terrible 75% of the time). Eventually the OT was locked, leading to HaloSLAENT, and when Halo 5 came out the people who were left remade their nest.

Karl2177

The backlash stemming from Halo 4's mixed/negative reception created a culture of posters that did nothing but shitpost without playing the game. Combined with several waves of juniors that either attempted to emulate the shitposting to fit in, attempted to be irrationally mad at Microsoft to fit in, or had shitty or indefensible opinions, the community stagnated as the people who played the games didn't post and the people who posted didn't play the games. So the community was warned several times for conducting itself in a terrible manner (and rightfully so, it was fucking terrible 75% of the time). Eventually the OT was locked, leading to HaloSLAENT, and when Halo 5 came out the people who were left remade their nest.
I mean... I guess that's a perspective on it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The backlash stemming from Halo 4's mixed/negative reception created a culture of posters that did nothing but shitpost without playing the game. Combined with several waves of juniors that either attempted to emulate the shitposting to fit in, attempted to be irrationally mad at Microsoft to fit in, or had shitty or indefensible opinions, the community stagnated as the people who played the games didn't post and the people who posted didn't play the games. Add in the massive gulfs of silence between nuggets of info about patches or other franchise works, and it got out of control.

So the community was warned several times for conducting itself in a terrible manner (and rightfully so, it was fucking terrible 75% of the time). Eventually the OT was locked, leading to HaloSLAENT, and when Halo 5 came out the people who were left remade their nest.

Sounds like garbage you see on twitter/twitch.

jem0208

Debatable.

Top Bottom