• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Disconnects are still ongoing, at least once per session. In fact it appears to be the first FF game of each night's session that drops. My Internet has no issues on other devices or games etc.

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/dde467a4-25b5-4964-ac09-8763da35376b

Oh and this sucks balls when you get your Halo party going...

Screenshot-Original.png

How about some menu UI fuckery to go with the above?
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/e10afddf-8491-460c-af40-49447791ea77

TCKaos

For the gametype options it appears that you can't have the game spawn you in the Mantis, but only the Mantis. Every other variant of every other vehicle is available.

From the CU:
This update will address a few issues but the primary focus is fixing bugs related to Forge.

Welp, guess the majority of issues that keep many of us from matching/loading/not-crashing aren't getting fixed...

"cut it... cut it... cut it..."

*chants grow louder*

"Cut it... Cut it... Cut it..."

*chants grow even louder*

"CUT IT... CUT IT... CUT IT..."

Hey it fits a very important niche in the sandbox of the uh- umm... hold on, give me a few thousand years to think of an answer.

BizzyBum

From the CU:
This update will address a few issues but the primary focus is fixing bugs related to Forge.

Welp, guess the majority of issues that keep many of us from matching/loading/not-crashing aren't getting fixed...

I hope at least this means they have a fix for the framerate issues.

And those new AR skins look dope:
fire-unicorn-d39c58984d4249c88815457ce61a58c3.jpg

ice-unicorn-890a7fd9ed7c450f8c3ae2520292dc24.jpg

Alas, they are rewarded via getting highlighted in the community updates and playing with a 343 employee during a designated community playdate, so the chance of getting them are slim to none which completely sucks and totally destroys my 100% skin collection...

I hope at least this means they have a fix for the framerate issues.

And those new AR skins look dope:
fire-unicorn-d39c58984d4249c88815457ce61a58c3.jpg

ice-unicorn-890a7fd9ed7c450f8c3ae2520292dc24.jpg

Alas, they are rewarded via getting highlighted in the community updates and playing with a 343 employee during a designated community playdate, so the chance of getting them are slim to none which completely sucks and totally destroys my 100% skin collection...
I'm sure there will be some glitched REQ pack to unlock it soon enough.

-Ryn

Banned
There is only one thing I want in this game. Right now anyway.

Is there a way to get the Halo Wars armor without REQs or was that a one time special event? Please. I neeeed it.

Glitches in a 343i game!? I wouldn't hold your breath for that one.

kappa
You see it's funny because people generally can't hold their breath for very long

Fuchsdh

There is only one thing I want in this game. Right now anyway.

Is there a way to get the Halo Wars armor without REQs or was that a one time special event? Please. I neeeed it.

You see it's funny because people generally can't hold their breath for very long

Mk IV? It was never in any special REQ pack, you just gotta' RNG for it.

But why would you want it when there's Mark V now?

WHY didnt anyone mention this from the update!???

Going forward, expect all future Halo FPS games to include split-screen functionality! This news, along with me previously ensuring that black undersuits are being accounted for, should make a lot of longtime fans very happy indeed.

or am i late to the party and everyone already left?

BLACK UNDERSTUITS!!

T_T

Fuchsdh

WHY didnt anyone mention this from the update!???

or am i late to the party and everyone already left?

BLACK UNDERSTUITS!!

T_T

I assume that will mean substantial armor design changes, then, because without the colored undersuits a lot of the 343-designed armor would look really weird.

Karl2177

Daily commendation report: 2/24/2017

Headshot: 0 (Complete)
First Strike: 582
Reversal: 3293
Buckle up: 256
Assassination: 1243
Splatter: 1165
Ground vehicle: 8418
Marines: 12176
Charges: 3147

Assassinations, Marines, and charges saw an increase in daily amount; first strikes retained it's 25 per day value; and everything else saw a decrease.

Estimated completion date is 7/7/2017.

Fuchsdh

^ Very true haha. people will look like they are wearing a bikini or thong.

Yeah. As much as I like the removal of the space diaper in many instances, given how much generally sleeker the Spartan-IV armor looks if you removed the color on the undersuit they'd look pretty skeletal.

TCKaos

probably has something to do with it being a biped

That's kind of what I figured - then again it'd still be neat to be able to swap the player biped with the Mantis's biped, but lord knows what that would actually end up doing. I remember doing biped swaps in CE and finding out that the marines can't travel on diagonals and silly stuff like that.

Shit, it's been a while, I might go back to that. I always used to replace all of the Marines on every map with other Spartans. That was always a fun time.

Daily commendation report: 2/24/2017

Headshot: 0 (Complete)
First Strike: 582
Reversal: 3293
Buckle up: 256
Assassination: 1243
Splatter: 1165
Ground vehicle: 8418
Marines: 12176
Charges: 3147

Assassinations, Marines, and charges saw an increase in daily amount; first strikes retained it's 25 per day value; and everything else saw a decrease.

Estimated completion date is 7/7/2017.

Hmm. Well, ideally, we'd be able to to get at least two teams of 4 boosting in Action Sack. We were getting 50+ splatters or vehicle kills per game on Alpine race and the Ghost race. So let's say we get two teams of four, and we each get like two of each game in a night, and we play like three nights a week. That's 600+ of each of those perk week, we'd be done with splatters in no time and would greatly expedite ground vehicle kills. However, Marines are still the most daunting task.

Fuchsdh

That's kind of what I figured - then again it'd still be neat to be able to swap the player biped with the Mantis's biped, but lord knows what that would actually end up doing. I remember doing biped swaps in CE and finding out that the marines can't travel on diagonals and silly stuff like that.

Shit, it's been a while, I might go back to that. I always used to replace all of the Marines on every map with other Spartans. That was always a fun time.

Hmm. Well, ideally, we'd be able to to get at least two teams of 4 boosting in Action Sack. We were getting 50+ splatters or vehicle kills per game on Alpine race and the Ghost race. So let's say we get two teams of four, and we each get like two of each game in a night, and we play like three nights a week. That's 600+ of each of those perk week, we'd be done with splatters in no time and would greatly expedite ground vehicle kills. However, Marines are still the most daunting task.

Assuming people are fine playing more Warzone once the other stuff is done it shouldn't be too bad. I've been playing more sitting on top of garages and sniping enemies when they appear (it's also hilarious how much it confuses enemies sometimes) and waiting for the respawn, and it's definitely pretty fast to get 20+ kills a match. The main obstacle going in solo is there's no one to watch your back for enemy vehicles and the like.

You also can't Weld it in Forge mode. Hell, you can't even flip it on it's head in Forge mode.

Like Fyre said with it being a biped, it's got a lot of mechanical restrictions in place to avoid it breaking as opposed to a "regular" physics asset like a vehicle.

That begs the question, though: if you boost a Chopper into a Mantis, it'll blow up the xbox, right?

Sounds like garbage you see on twitter/twitch.

PG1WQ29.gif

So just no sound effects and visual effects coming from the suit, is that right? I guess I can see that an a competitive edge but not by much. did the suit do anything else?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/icarus-armor-update

Okay HaloGAF explain this, what did the Icarus armor do that would freak 343i out like this?

iirc it doesn't fire off the Thruster VFX / SFX (the little particle effects on the player's back) like all the other suits do. It may affect some of the other effects too, like the thrusters present while sprinting.
Yeah, our group has been using Icarus for weeks now. When you stabilize there is no in-game indicator that you are doing as such while wearing Icarus. This means you can get around the map more sneakily and quietly without detection.

It's a pretty big deal on Arena maps or during any close-mid range engagements.

So just no sound effects and visual effects coming from the suit, is that right? I guess I can see that an a competitive edge but not by much. did the suit do anything else?
Yeah, like I said, it's a pretty big deal. Effective map movement and situational awareness are key at anything but the lowest tiers of play and Icarus provides a big advantage.

Trup1aya

No, it's just a bug that let users be more stealthy than everyone else.

I'd say it's a big deal, as skilled players do rely on sound.

TCKaos

They're going to patch it, right? Or is this going to be a Warzone Party thing where they just kindly ask you not to use it?

Also, remember that if you're using Icarus it doesn't show your secondary weapon on your back or your hip, instead rendering it at the model's origin between your feet.

BizzyBum

It's funny, I (and many others) were saying it would be perfect if 2gre replaced Devon. Now with Roybox, Contra, and 2gre EG is a legit team.

2gre grinds the game for hours everyday. He's still got it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It's funny, I (and many others) were saying it would be perfect if 2gre replaced Devon. Now with Roybox, Contra, and 2gre EG is a legit team.

2gre grinds the game for hours everyday. He's still got it.

Eh, I hope so, but doubt it. This *may* be an upgrade for them if predev was a negative influence on the team as I've heard (communication and/or attitude) or ogre2's style is a better fit, but overall, I'd say Devon is a better player. I'd even add there are a few players on am teams (not including splyce or allegiance) that would be better than ogre2.

But yeah, I hope so. I'm rocking the e.g. skins again to support.

Out of curosity, with how volatile halo team rosters are, how do they split dlc team pack $$$? Like my e.g. purchase, did that go to the team when the pack launched, wass purchased, or all players involved since it released?

Trup1aya

They're going to patch it, right? Or is this going to be a Warzone Party thing where they just kindly ask you not to use it?

Also, remember that if you're using Icarus it doesn't show your secondary weapon on your back or your hip, instead rendering it at the model's origin between your feet.

They said they'll fix it.

Top Bottom