• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Wooowho, placed plat III in proving grounds. Loving this new radar sooooo much. This better be in, at least for arena (and HCS), or I'll be pissed.

Also, lots of changes to maps. Is there anywhere listing them all? Really like new torque. Well, it seems to be an improvement at least...

op_ivy

Cryptic (ryanoob's team) up 1-0 over spylce (bubu, shooter, falcated, and shotzzy)! Let's go

op_ivy

2-0 cryptic. 50-33 slayer eden. They are looking great! Devin was a good pick up.

It looks like I maxed out around plat 3 in the proving grounds playlist.

I was literally facing diamond players like close to the end of my placements. A lot of the matches I played in proving ground were not that fun because I keep on getting destroyed.

Probably should remove the image from your post.. Not a good idea to have your real email in a screenshot viewable by anyone.

Use the Snipping Tool in the future.

op_ivy

Cryptic beats splyce [not yet]. Cant wait to see devon beat contra to worlds :D

Edit: best of 7? Best of 7.

Edit 2: final score, cryptic 4 spylce 2.

op_ivy

Damn, now a dominant first game for cryptic v allegiance! Never would have expected this...

Edit: up 2-0. Cryptic going to worlds? Then I'm sure we'll see some CRAZY team changes before next pro league

Edit 2: 3-0 with a 3-0 cod on truth! If they beat all (if, lol) then the only team in their way is eg, I don't see them challenging. Of course losers bracket runs could happen, spylce and all both have it in them

mo60

Probably should remove the image from your post.. Not a good idea to have your real email in a screenshot viewable by anyone.

Use the Snipping Tool in the future.

Done. I seriously don't feel like playing proving grounds anymore because I'm going to get destroyed easily because of my high rank in that playlist.

op_ivy

Damn, cryptic chocked that regret slayer to close out the series with Alg. 3-2 now

op_ivy

Reverse sweep in coming. Damn. Here's hoping cryptic can pull out an epic losers bracket run

op_ivy

Oh. My.god

Allegiance is going to tilt into the thermosphere if they lose this :D

That double kill to close it out.

mo60

Ahh I really "love" the MM system in H5. I was doing great during placement matches in slayer, got one bulldozer after the other - and got placed Silver 2. My friend (who is rather new to the game and ended up mostly at the bottom of the leaderboard) got placed Silver 5 (we played 9 / 10 qualifying matches together) ;)

But that's not the end of the story: After the rank reset we played some more (and I rocked the newbs we played against even harder), and now I'm Bronze 6 (he got put in Silver 3). El oh el I say, el oh el.

PS: That's the only thing I demand to be changed for H6. Single player is cool, mp is cool, maps are cool, gameplay is cool, dlc is cool, weapons are cool & wz is cool
(it's not)
, but fuck that fucking aweful goddamn piece of shit matchmaking that fucking hates me to death.

I seriously don't know why I ended up ranking so high after my placements in proving grounds. I won like 80% of my matches but my stats were terrible in literally all of my placement matches in that playlist. I ranked a silver 3 after my placements in team arena. Usually I'm a mid tier silver or low level gold player. Some people are ranking lower in this playlist then they usually do in other playlists.

If this doesn't show you how H5 is so dependent on what Tier 1 weapon upgrade you have, and how overpowered power weapons are. then you are a lost soul.

I mean, that's part of it, but they were crazy proactive in manipulating spawns to collapse and outnumber folks. Like, other than some snipes, there were very few kills that weren't teamwork earned.

Trup1aya and I fighting that good fight in the Halo Waypoint radar thread. The arguments against it usually boil down to "Halo has always had radar, why change it now?" or "I don't have eyes behind my head anymore, how can I ever know where players are?"

Just look at this:

10d972aaf033f1513b66038d7fa419cf.png

I hope 343 sticks with this change, adds it to other playlists, and designs H6 with it in mind. No motion tracker is okay, but that does exacerbate the issues people have with Sprint and Spartan Charge, so for Halo's current gameplay I think this might be the ideal design moving forward.

op_ivy

I hope 343 sticks with this change, adds it to other playlists, and designs H6 with it in mind. No motion tracker is okay, but that does exacerbate the issues people have with Sprint and Spartan Charge, so for Halo's current gameplay I think this might be the ideal design moving forward.

Yes. yes. and yeas!

jem0208

Proving Grounds is really, really fun.

The game feels very different now, I'm using spartan abilities far less and my movement is far more considered. The Rig is massively improved imo.

Gwyn

Haven't played yet with new radar changes so my question is if feedback is positive and 343 decides to make it permanent will it affect every playlist or just team arena?

Would making new radar changes affect across all gametypes be better overall or should they just have it only for the competive playlists?

jem0208

Haven't played yet with new radar changes so my question is if feedback is positive and 343 decides to make it permanent will it affect every playlist or just team arena?

Would making new radar changes affect across all gametypes be better overall or should they just have it only for the competive playlists?

Probably only Team Arena, definitely can't see them changing Social playlists.

Trup1aya and I fighting that good fight in the Halo Waypoint radar thread. The arguments against it usually boil down to "Halo has always had radar, why change it now?" or "I don't have eyes behind my head anymore, how can I ever know where players are?"

Just look at this:

10d972aaf033f1513b66038d7fa419cf.png

Link to the thread?

I'm up for some arguing.

op_ivy

Cryptic e.g. on twitch/halo. Are they not going to stream alg v splice!?

Akai__

Played perfectly fine (well for my standards anyways) for like 5 matches... Then Torque shows up and I drop a -9 and immediately get a hate message...

The fuck am I supposed to do, when FaZe IKampus (assume it's a Kampy smurf) is in the other team just spawn killing me like a god with his Sniper? Who even puts Torque in Proving Grounds? Fuck off with your terrible maps and we being forced to play them. Give me a Global Veto checklist already...

jem0208

Played perfectly fine (well for my standards anyways) for like 5 matches... Then Torque shows up and I drop a -9 and immediately get a hate message...

The fuck am I supposed to do, when FaZe IKampus (assume it's a Kampy smurf) is in the other team just spawn killing me like a god with his Sniper? Who even puts Torque in Proving Grounds? Fuck off with your terrible maps and we being forced to play them. Give me a Global Veto checklist already...

I just matched Faze IKampus. Got truly decimated.

mo60

I played way to many matches in that playlist were I went super negative for K/D and were I was playing against players that were destroying me like crazy.I started off playing fine, but then I started playing in matches were I was struggling to get kills.

Overgrowth, Torque, Riptide and Molten should be deleted from existence. Also, Mercy needs the power weapon saturation toned down.

Akai__

I had played way to many matches in that playlist were I went super negative for K/D and were I was facing playing against players that were destroying me like crazy.

I don't mind going negative in 1 or 2 rounds, really. It's just about the bad map, a dumb smurf account (assume it was) and somebody feeling the need to insult me right away. Some days you just can't deal with that shit.

Overgrowth, Torque, Riptide and Molten should be deleted from existence. Also, Mercy needs the power weapon saturation toned down.

Yeah, agreed. Still don't understand how 343i just threw their design philosophy out of the window when they made those maps. And people jumped on me when I said that Remix maps don't sound good... Funny how that turned out.

Also, Mercy seems to be changed in Proving Grounds? I only saw a Sniper Rifle on the map, but to be fair I couldn't explore the map anyways, since it was Strongholds and 2 teammates quit right away
and I was hiding like a pro.

Edit: Forget what I said, it's probably due to Strongholds.

op_ivy

I don't mind going negative in 1 or 2 rounds, really. It's just about the bad map, a dumb smurf account (assume it was) and somebody feeling the need to insult me right away. Some days you just can't deal with that shit.

Yeah, agreed. Still don't understand how 343i just threw their design philosophy out of the window when they made those maps. And people jumped on me when I said that Remix maps don't sound good... Funny how that turned out.

Also, Mercy seems to be changed in Proving Grounds? I only saw a Sniper Rifle on the map, but to be fair I couldn't explore the map anyways, since it was Strongholds and 2 teammates quit right away
and I was hiding like a pro.

Edit: Forget what I said, it's probably due to Strongholds.

Ha vent gotten mercy yet (or overgrowth or molteb, thankgod), but a lot of the maps in proving grounds have changed to them happy to hear power weapons may have been removed from mercy. A modified radar and far less cheese would go a long ways for that other wise decent, though not hcs ready, map.

klaus

I seriously don't know why I ended up ranking so high after my placements in proving grounds. I won like 80% of my matches but my stats were terrible in literally all of my placement matches in that playlist. I ranked a silver 3 after my placements in team arena. Usually I'm a mid tier silver or low level gold player. Some people are ranking lower in this playlist then they usually do in other playlists.

Congrats anyways for the platinum rating! I guess I should give proving grounds a try, maybe I get lucky? ;)

Top Bottom