• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Fuchsdh

"I should work on getting those Buckle Up medals for the company."
*calls in Sniper Rifle.*

*A minute or two goes by, no vehicles.*

*Killed.*

*Passenger vehicle waltzes by corpse.*

"I should work on getting those Buckle Up medals for the company."
*calls in Sniper Rifle.*

*A minute or two goes by, no vehicles.*

*Killed.*

*Passenger vehicle waltzes by corpse.*

I currently have exactly 343 Buckle Ups. I wouldn't feel right getting any more. It's all you guys now :O

mo60

I currently have exactly 343 Buckle Ups. I wouldn't feel right getting any more. It's all you guys now :O

I have 688 reversals right now. Team arena is an easy place to get reversals if you know what you are doing.I also have killed 2429 marines in the last year and a bit.

EYEL1NER

I was complaining about Charges last night... Well I just checked my stats and I am only at 36/55 on Lvl 4 of the Juggernaut commendation. I somehow even have more Geronimos than that, and I never get ground pound kills.
Man I'm garbage.

Haven't played much, but twice in a row in the middle of a Warzone Firefight game I get dumped to a lobby-like screen but it's empty except for button prompts on the bottom and my fire team on the right. Is this a thing right now? The carnage report is for the match I played last night.

Fuchsdh

I was complaining about Charges last night... Well I just checked my stats and I am only at 36/55 on Lvl 4 of the Juggernaut commendation. I somehow even have more Geronimos than that, and I never get ground pound kills.
Man I'm garbage.

Actually finished off charges trying for them more often. I have next to no ground pound kills.

jem0208

Why did I go into the Kotaku Halo thread.

It's an interesting indictment on the general NeoGAF community that the actual thread about the HWC is pretty quiet but as soon as something negative gets posted it is swamped by people. Many of whom don't even seem to play Halo.

Madness

It's an interesting indictment on the general NeoGAF community that the actual thread about the HWC is pretty quiet but as soon as something negative gets posted it is swamped by people. Many of whom don't even seem to play Halo.

Yep. It's one thing for us to criticize who watch and play, another for those who don't even follow to give two cents when they just want to dogpile in.

jem0208

Yep. It's one thing for us to criticize who watch and play, another for those who don't even follow to give two cents when they just want to dogpile in.
Yup.

Honestly I've got to stop posting in there. It's got me way more annoyed than I should be.

Although I think it was the whole venue bullshit which really has me pissed off. The first day of the event was awesome, great matches, everyone getting really hyped, loads of positivity. It was genuinely enjoyable going to sites like Beyond and talking about how great the event was going. Then today comes around and all people can talk about is something which frankly has fuck all effect for us all watching at home. It's put a massive damper on the event for me and actually hampered my enjoyment somewhat. That and LG being knocked out.

Yeah that whole HCS venue thing isn't great but from the sounds of it that the location is a back up and honestly not that horrible. Still bad planning.

But glad in that thread is a great meaningful conversation and not bad mouthing the game and event with gifs and photoshops.

But irony it probably gives some of the old halo pros nostalgia because I bet that sub par venue is still an upgrade from a lot of the places back in the day.

Haruko

Yeah that whole HCS venue thing isn't great but from the sounds of it that the location is a back up and honestly not that horrible. Still bad planning.

But glad in that thread is a great meaningful conversation and not bad mouthing the game and event with gifs and photoshops.

But irony it probably gives some of the old halo pros nostalgia because I bet that sub par venue is still an upgrade from a lot of the places back in the day.

At least for a backup venue, the # of system/infrastructure issues and delays has been minimal

Woorloog

Banned
Although I think it was the whole venue bullshit which really has me pissed off. The first day of the event was awesome, great matches, everyone getting really hyped, loads of positivity. It was genuinely enjoyable going to sites like Beyond and talking about how great the event was going. Then today comes around and all people can talk about is something which frankly has fuck all effect for us all watching at home. It's put a massive damper on the event for me and actually hampered my enjoyment somewhat. That and LG being knocked out.

You're effectively demonstrating why it matters. If it were not what it is, Kotaku would not have made an article about it and people would not be talking about it and the talk would not be bothering you.

Perception drivers a lot of things, whether it makes sense or not, whether it is a good thing or not.
Negative things are nearly always noted more than positives. Negatives are remembered more strongly than positives.

jem0208

I've had some fantastic matchmaking this morning, this is the highlight though:

Screenshot-Original.png

Trup1aya

I saw 71k on twitch, and 8k on Facebook. Prolly another 60k on twitter :kappa:

Seriously though, the twitter stream saved me this weekend. The twitch app just stopped working on my android for some reason, and I generally hate the app anyway.

Facebook, Twitter and Beam are all better clients imo... on mobile at least.

Top Bottom