• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

I'm assuming they have some type of update(s) in the work for H5. They wouldn't leave the game stagnant until H6. MCC on the other hand is probably just fucking dead, I don't seem them putting any resources in that.

Unless there is some type of significant update for H5, I'm pretty much done with Halo until H6. There are too many other great FPS to play and more coming this year.
That's a pretty big assumption, I'm sure big fixes and maybe even a few small forge updates are a thing, but if you're expecting a full blown content update, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

That's a pretty big assumption, I'm sure big fixes and maybe even a few small forge updates are a thing, but if you're expecting a full blown content update, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Lowering the bar!

PSDxRBP.gif

Karl2177

So... Is the Halo Community going to be down for nearly a year until we get the first glimpse of the next big thing, since we won't have a MCC playlist update or new Halo 5 content?

Is it time to move on and consider that Halo (FPS) is dead?
Yes. Yes.

It sucks to see each successive title do worse at sustain that the previous one (MCC not included). Halo 5 definitely felt like they blew their load and walked away. Castle Wars is the only new rotating playlist that they've added...

Yes. Yes.

It sucks to see each successive title do worse at sustain that the previous one (MCC not included). Halo 5 definitely felt like they blew their load and walked away. Castle Wars is the only new rotating playlist that they've added...

Why would the community walk away? I still play it and ill play it until the next one. And if it gets 4k updates, even better

Karl2177

Why would the community walk away? I still play it and ill play it until the next one. And if it gets 4k updates, even better
Because there's other stuff to play and there's no hook to bring them back. A graphical update won't be enough because a ton of other games are getting graphical update as well.

Because there's other stuff to play and there's no hook to bring them back. A graphical update won't be enough because a ton of other games are getting graphical update as well.

Well maybe youre just not a big fan of halo. I always come back to the franchises i love, even when other games are out. Just like Battlefront2 wont stop me from coming back to BF1. New games dont stop me from still playing older ones.

And honestly, as critical as i am of halo5, theres still nothing else out there quite like it.

BizzyBum

I don't mind the Halo Wars 2 updates. It's their latest launch so they have to support it (season pass). However, it's still a spinoff. I wish they would support their main entry (H5) more. After they finished their *monthly* updates, it kind of just died.

It's one of Halo 5's biggest blunders.

You'd have to imagine 343 had a roadmap for Halo 5 planned out post launch that went beyond the first year. What was written down for year 2 and year 3, "bug fixes"? It was great that the game didn't have a season pass or paid DLC (made up for with req pack income) and the first year was packed with new stuff every month but there's also no denying a lot of added content should have been in the game at launch anyway. After those content drops for the first year how did 343 think it was acceptable to then have a barren wasteland for the next 2 years? It's just so short sighted. It's like they planned to just blow their load in that first year, get as much money as possible, then let the game wither away for years while they focus on Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6.

It sucks because Halo 5 is a great game being handled by not so great management. And don't even get me started on how they've handled the Halo pro scene...

Juan

I miss Spartan Ops for the ongoing content delivery. It would have been great to get it back for Halo 5 alongside multiplayer update like they did for the first year.

I sometimes hope they will follow what Bungie did about adding content that can be played solo or within the multiplayer part of the game.

It's one of Halo 5's biggest blunders.

You'd have to imagine 343 had a roadmap for Halo 5 planned out post launch that went beyond the first year. What was written down for year 2 and year 3, "bug fixes"? It was great that the game didn't have a season pass or paid DLC (made up for with req pack income) and the first year was packed with new stuff every month but there's also no denying a lot of added content should have been in the game at launch anyway. After those content drops for the first year how did 343 think it was acceptable to then have a barren wasteland for the next 2 years? It's just so short sighted. It's like they planned to just blow their load in that first year, get as much money as possible, then let the game wither away for years while they focus on Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6.

It sucks because Halo 5 is a great game being handled by not so great management. And don't even get me started on how they've handled the Halo pro scene...

It's strange because there is still so much they could add to H5. Yet, it's like well HW2 is out and we are working on H6, so fuck it. I wish Halo had a team like Blizzard. When you buy a Blizzard game, you know that it will be supported. It does matter how bad the game was at launch (D3 and SC2). They'll support it and fix it.

wwm0nkey

What's really weird is that they have a model that can keep on making money with microtransactions an keep their community happy, but it just kinda...died. R6 shows you can keep growing a community as long as the game is supported.

Also if we got a real PC full version that would be extra income too but that's also dead to to lack of support (mouse aiming is still not great but it's much better)

What's really weird is that they have a model that can keep on making money with microtransactions an keep their community happy, but it just kinda...died. R6 shows you can keep growing a community as long as the game is supported.

Also if we got a real PC full version that would be extra income too but that's also dead to to lack of support (mouse aiming is still not great but it's much better)

Yeah, the PC Forge was strange also. I mean you take the time to release Forge on the PC for free, which is great. However, why just stopped there? Why not just port the entire multiplayer and charge like $20-30? Instead it's like they just forgot about it.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, the PC Forge was strange also. I mean you take the time to release Forge on the PC for free, which is great. However, why just stopped there? Why not just port the entire multiplayer and charge like $20-30? Instead it's like they just forgot about it.

I'm not sure, irrespective of what 343 wants, Microsoft as a whole knows what to do about the PC situation. I mean, forget Halo 5, you put all that effort into Halo Online (which I think made far more sense from a business standpoint for a PC title) but then they sink it without a peep.

FyreWulff

I'm not sure, irrespective of what 343 wants, Microsoft as a whole knows what to do about the PC situation. I mean, forget Halo 5, you put all that effort into Halo Online (which I think made far more sense from a business standpoint for a PC title) but then they sink it without a peep.

I'd like to see a Halo Online postmorterm/behind the scenes someday

what a weird project

Juan

I'd like to see a Halo Online postmorterm/behind the scenes someday

what a weird project

I would play the hell of Halo Online if it was on Xbox One haha. It could have been a great game-as-a-service since it has MT and could have added content on top of the existing one.

Actually, I wish 343 would give us one single multiplayer they could evolve during ten years or so, and give us a single campaign for like 30€ every two years.

And also support mod. I would die to get Halo Custom Edition official support on Xbox One.

RyanW

Well maybe youre just not a big fan of halo. I always come back to the franchises i love, even when other games are out. Just like Battlefront2 wont stop me from coming back to BF1. New games dont stop me from still playing older ones.

And honestly, as critical as i am of halo5, theres still nothing else out there quite like it.

I haven't had the desire to play more than 1 match in a play session in months.

There's no incentive to continue going back, they don't update the playlists on a regular basis like past games have done, and the game just isn't fun. If I can put a check mark on just one of those then I'd probably play more often.

Don't get me wrong, I love Halo too but that doesn't mean I'm going to force myself to play something I don't enjoy.

Juan

I haven't had the desire to play more than 1 match in a play session in months.

There's no incentive to continue going back, they don't update the playlists on a regular basis like past games have done, and the game just isn't fun. If I can put a check mark on just one of those then I'd probably play more often.

Don't get me wrong, I love Halo too but that doesn't mean I'm going to force myself to play something I don't enjoy.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I love Halo's gameplay, but Halo 5 just isn't fun to me, so I'm not playing it and I deleted it from my hard drive since one year and half.

I tried to go back from time to time, but it just didn't feel right to me, even using the Custom Game Browser which is a feature I always dreamed of for a Halo game.

I'm stuck playing the MCC, but even, those are games I already played so much I can get tired of, especially since players are acting like idiots, being AFK or leaving if they are not playing the game they voted for...

I'm stuck playing the MCC, but even, those are games I already played so much I can get tired of, especially since players are acting like idiots, being AFK or leaving if they are not playing the game they voted for...

TMCC needs a playlist refresh. Ain't nobody got time for 95% Halo 3 in mixed playlists with AR starts still in play. Imagine the nightmare that is Halo 3 KOTH Standoff AR starts when one team controls the Hogs and Laser.

Maybe they should remove Halo 3 from the Team Slayer playlist and also make a separate Halo 3 BTB playlist.
And add a 4v4 CE playlist that includes Blood Gulch CTF w/ Hogs only.

Cranster

Banned
TMCC needs a playlist refresh. Ain't nobody got time for 95% Halo 3 in mixed playlists with AR starts still in play. Imagine the nightmare that is Halo 3 KOTH Standoff AR starts when one team controls the Hogs and Laser.

Maybe they should remove Halo 3 from the Team Slayer playlist and also make a separate Halo 3 BTB playlist.
I'd be down for those changes. If they do intend on keeping Halo 3 in Team Slayer they should atleast make BR starts mandatory. Hell, add Halo 4 and put some BTB maps like Bloodline in it aswell.

btw
phil on giant bomb

"the list of games that are gunna be xbox one x enhanced is going to keep growing, i was down at 343 the other week and saw some stuff that looked really good" *

Great news.

I imagine it isn't 'ready' yet but they will be working damn hard to make it ready and optimised.

For a game that had so much post launch support, has already been ported in 4k to PC, and is MS's 'biggest' title... I'd be very surprised if there is no One X patch.

Expect an announcement at Gamescom.

I was shocked to see Halo wars 2 on the list and not halo 5, fingers are crossed.

I would like to play 4k h5, would be even better if 343 put on a little work and sorted a few of the technical issues.
We might even see a population boost as old and new players see how it looks on xb1x

Seriously. I used to play in the slayer playlist because it was the quickest way to find a match, but it's mostly Halo 3 with the way everyone votes. No idea why 343 neutered the CE playlist down to a 2v2 setting. Awful decision and such a waste.

You guys can have your jumps back when Halo 2 is on Xbox backwards compatibility
And when they bring the Halo 2 servers back online.

FyreWulff

You were unable to do this with later 360's, so I'd imagine that might be the case with Xbox One as well. Hoping not though.

As far as I know the ping check was only on actual 360 games. It never was in effect for emulated OXbox games since they had to emulate the LAN 1:1 to work correctly

of course it was hard to tell since the 360 would corrupt Halo 2's data if you looked at it wrong

wwm0nkey

You were unable to do this with later 360's, so I'd imagine that might be the case with Xbox One as well. Hoping not though.

That only effected actual 360 games, you had to be under a certain amount of ping and I doubt they retroactively made that a thing for BC games since they didn't on the 360

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just finished a match with a 68% accuracy and 7 perfects! I am a halo God
against scrubs

TCKaos

shu895T.png

Fixing a rate of fire bug and one bug with collision detection is larger than a fucking film.

This update is the size of Halo 3's Heroic, Legendary, and Mythic 1 Map Packs combined with over 75 MB left over (Cold Storage is 115.75 MB, if someone can figure out if this thing is like 1.375 GB, then it'd be every map pack except Mythic 2).

Top Bottom