• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Woorloog

Banned
The demon power-up is one that certainly could be copied from DOOM.
Play as a Spartan normally, pick up power up that transforms you into one of Covies, all with unique abilities. Brutes and Elites certainly would work for that role, and maybe Prophets on Gravity Thrones.
Now, someone just needs to figure how to make Grunts viable options... maybe a Grunt with FRG?

wwm0nkey

Play as a Spartan normally, pick up power up that transforms you into one of Covies, all with unique abilities. Brutes and Elites certainly would work for that role, and maybe Prophets on Gravity Thrones.
Now, someone just needs to figure how to make Grunts viable options... maybe a Grunt with FRG?

Eh I am mixed on that personally. I think it works in DOOM (would work A LOT better without the loadout BS and maxing the demons weaker) but I can't see it working will in Halo

Im not sure i follow... in halo mp you play as a demon all the time...
wutudidthar,icit
Flood Tank

I'd rather they turn Invasion into something like Gears Judgment's OverRun mode where you can use the different species and you upgrade to more powerful characters as you go.

So you'd start with some Jackals, Grunts, Suicide Grunts to destroy barriers, Plasma Rifle Elites with Evade, etc., then work your way up to Camo Sword Elites with Carbines, Hunters, Promethean Knights, Flood Tanks, etc. etc.

etc.

It, uh... doesn't sound like you're glad...
Haha i went for dramatic effect i guess lol. Not a fan of helioskrill at all, but I should say it's that good other people like it :D I really hope Halo 6 comes out in 2018. Strange that there has been absolutely no teases/hints/anything about it. 343 is keeping it hush hush.

Okay, so they aren't announcing anything at Gamescom... what's the next possible date that isn't E3?

September 25th to celebrate the anniversary of Halo 3?
Sometime in November?
January 1?

I just find it hard to believe it's a 2018 release at this point.

jem0208

I wouldn't actually be all that surprised or disappointed if it turned out H6 was a 2019 release. More time for more content.

If it is though I'd like to see some form of large H5 update next year to keep the population up.

Karl2177

I wouldn't actually be all that surprised or disappointed if it turned out H6 was a 2019 release. More time for more content.

If it is though I'd like to see some form of large H5 update next year to keep the population up.
I'd be surprised. The mothership wants Halo content every year to print money with.

Another year wouldn't have saved Halo 4. Release it next year or riot.
Riot anyway.

But seriously, I'd be fine with a 2019 release if it's to be the greatest Halo package of all Halo packages. And then some.
Still riot.

Better be taking their time to make all maps unique, include forge at launch, and include 343-designed Big Team Battle maps at launch.

The remix or variants system for maps was disappointing, and the lack of anything great like a Blood Gulch or Valhalla was sad.

Man, if you just swapped the Halo 4 maps into Halo 5, this might have been the best Halo game.

Hopefully it will be a 19 release.

5pgetj5.jpg

Welfare

Halo 6 is a E3 2018 announce for Holiday 2018. Don't even need to be an insider to see that is the only date for the game seeing as Halo 5 support this year has been non existent. 2 more years of no content while Halo 5 withers away? No chance.

A September Beta for Warzone 2.0 to test the servers and maybe an Arena one for further gameplay balance for a late October or early November release with tight marketing would help Halo 6 more than a year long "hype" cycle. More games are having shorter marketing cycles and Microsoft seems to want shorter announce to release as well.

Can't imagine having X1X out there for more than a year without a Halo title. Holiday 2018 release IMO. *crosses fingers, hands, arms, toes, legs, eyes

Franchise reboot please.

Nah, just connect the H4 EU wrap up story with H5 somehow and move forward with it in H6 to a fully complete and contained story arc. Branch games/EU from that as a new starting point.

I enjoyed the H5 campaign but shit it dropped H4's story off a cliff and never looked back.

Woorloog

Banned
The cynic in me says you could probably set it up and everyone would think they were the same character if they're casual players.

I remember people thinking John Forge would become Master Chief because they have the same first name... Bungie.net wasn't the smartest place :p

A reboot permanently cements all that we once loved to be remembered solely as a thing of the past without any hope of revisiting or connecting in the future.

I think that'd be a terrible idea and I'm not sure why some Halo fans would trust 343 to create something more interesting when they generally don't even like what 343 produces now. If a new developer were to be making Halo FPS's, then there'd be more rationale behind that line of thinking, but right now it's borderline crazy lol. I really hope this isn't an idea that gains momentum around the community.

A reboot permanently cements all that we once loved to be remembered solely as a thing of the past without any hope of revisiting or connecting in the future.

I think that'd be a terrible idea and I'm not sure why some Halo fans would trust 343 to create something more interesting when they generally don't even like what 343 produces now. If a new developer were to be making Halo FPS's, then there'd be more rationale behind that line of thinking, but right now it's borderline crazy lol. I really hope this isn't an idea that gains momentum around the community.

*shrug*

A lot of us have moved on from 343 making a Halo game we like. They've lost our trust. I'm not trying to shit post and I know plenty of people like their games. It's just an opinion that will never amount to anything regardless. It's not a realistic desire, but hoping they will make a great Halo game is also unrealistic to me.

Fuchsdh

*shrug*

A lot of us have moved on from 343 making a Halo game we like. They've lost our trust. I'm not trying to shit post and I know plenty of people like their games. It's just an opinion that will never amount to anything regardless. It's not a realistic desire, but hoping they will make a great Halo game is also unrealistic to me.

The reality is if you don't like the direction Halo's story is going, there's no guarantee you'd like a rebooted world, and you're just going to face the same issues ("it's too convoluted now!") down the road again.

I don't understand the point of reboots when the central appeal of a lot of these franchises they're rebooting is their years of history (looking at you, fucking Star Trek.)

Complaints about game design and "rebooting" from that standpoint make far more sense.

The reality is if you don't like the direction Halo's story is going, there's no guarantee you'd like a rebooted world, and you're just going to face the same issues ("it's too convoluted now!") down the road again.

I don't understand the point of reboots when the central appeal of a lot of these franchises they're rebooting is their years of history (looking at you, fucking Star Trek.)

Complaints about game design and "rebooting" from that standpoint make far more sense.

Yeah I get it. That's kinda what I meant anyways (gameplay/mechanics). Didn't mean to rustle anyone's feathers.

I just remember reading that recent long article on Halo's history and the guy originally over Halo 4 was toying with the idea of remaking Halo CE. Just sounded fun/intriguing. Starting over new with brand new expectations.

Fuchsdh

Yeah I get it. That's kinda what I meant anyways (gameplay/mechanics). Didn't mean to rustle anyone's feathers.

I just remember reading that recent long article on Halo's history and the guy originally over Halo 4 was toying with the idea of remaking Halo CE. Just sounded fun/intriguing. Starting over new with brand new expectations.

The idea still sounds terrible, in that I don't think he really understood why going back to CE would be a good thing (and honestly the fan-made SPV3 probably is as good a re-imagined remake, if less shiny, than what they could have given us.

With that said, what Saber pulled off with CEA in a year and managed to do with H2A was pretty impressive, and it would have been cool to see what CEA would have looked like had it been given more time to cook.

Trup1aya

Yeah i really don't think rebooting would be a great idea. In the wrong hands, it would just sour existing fans and fail to attract new ones.

I'd be all for a remake though.

Even better than that IMO, would be the telling of some parallel stories or to follow the Spartans in the years prior to Reach falling.

The idea still sounds terrible, in that I don't think he really understood why going back to CE would be a good thing (and honestly the fan-made SPV3 probably is as good a re-imagined remake, if less shiny, than what they could have given us.

With that said, what Saber pulled off with CEA in a year and managed to do with H2A was pretty impressive, and it would have been cool to see what CEA would have looked like had it been given more time to cook.

I think going back to CE could be an amazing thing, because they could throw the full weight of today's technology into renewing the awe of arriving on the ring world rather than being limited to the code base of the original game. I'd only accept it if the original story remained completely intact and unaltered, but they built a more living world around it (complete with wildlife preserved by forerunner). They could even incorporate story beats from Halo: The Flood to give gamers more perspective on the conflict that to took place on the ring.

I truly wish this was what we got instead of H4, but i dont think it would ever be too late.

They dont need to reboot, they just need to stop making Halo look and sound so different. The music sounds like im playing a Tron game and the look feels like im playing Mass Effect. And the enemies....god i hate the Promethean more than i did the flood. Most of the stuff theyve done for the SP has not impressed me at all.

Then i look at Halo Wars 2, the music, the enemies and that look, feels so much more like halo then anything 343 have done so far. Ive lost all hope. I dont think they "get it" and im not holding my breath. Im also fed up of reiterating the same issues i have over and over and over for them to just not do anything about it. Totally fed up.

Fuchsdh

It'd be nice to get easier animation controls, some performance optimizations (calculate single surface for welded primitives?) and some additional texture options. Other than that, I can't really think of anything I want out of Forge that isn't in the game. I guess making some of the really awesome stuff people accomplish easier would be nice to elevate the baseline of Forge maps.

Also, going to bookmark that Ragnarok map I hadn't seen the Waypoint browers with custom screenshots before. It's so nice. Crossing fingers we get that at launch; it's nice to have a custom content solution that's finally better than what Reach came up with.

Top Bottom