• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Release Date Leaked? [Up: Frankie says no]

Salty Hippo

What's the big deal? Everyone knew/knows it's coming on November. The actual day seems irrelevant right now, over 1 year away.

JayEH

For a second I thought you were just making a date off their fingers lol. But yeah it makes sense, Halo 4 launched in November.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I still think this is the target date despite the denials from Tashi and David Ellis.

You can choose to believe whatever you'd like. Heck, if I were in your shoes I probably wouldn't believe me either.

The game team used that countdown clock for Halo 4. However, the Halo 5 game team isn't even in that building. I have no idea if it's actually used for anything anymore, but I would not use that picture as confirmation of anything.

darthbob

You can choose to believe whatever you'd like. Heck, if I were in your shoes I probably wouldn't believe me either.

The game team used that countdown clock for Halo 4. However, the Halo 5 game team isn't even in that building. I have no idea if it's actually used for anything anymore, but I would not use that picture as confirmation of anything.

omg stop damagecontrolling

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

It's actually hilarious that the number dates to a Tuesday in November lol.

And by different number everyday, I meant totally different and not decreasing by 1. If anyone finds out what that clock is for, please let me know. It's been an unsolved mystery to me since the day I started lol.

malfcn

And by different number everyday, I meant totally different and not decreasing by 1. If anyone finds out what that clock is for, please let me know. It's been an unsolved mystery to me since the day I started lol.

Do you know what the release date is? Maybe it is, but as silly as it sounds no one told you. Someone has to know.

Yes and I hate it. I wish games released on Fridays.

It has to do with lower costs and logistics than it does the convenience of people's schedules. I would rather have the ability to get it on Tuesday than have it sit in the store for 4 days until I can pick it up because it would still ship on Mon/Tuesday. Also, no one is stopping you from waiting till Friday to buy it ;)

As for OP, great catch on the pic! I'm sure someone is getting a talking to for posting that pic! haha
Nov 10th seems like a legit date and at this point I would be shocked if it didn't come out then.

Skux

382 days until crunch time?

Nov 17 is cutting it too close. Even Halo has to avoid the annual CoD/Assassin's juggernaut.

Sakura

Kinda feel bad for the guy who accidentally posted this.
Either way though, every one knows the game is going to come out on a Tuesday in 2015 most likely in November anyway.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Would it make any difference if it was released on let's say 17th Nov?

I don't understand the craze about release dates as long as I know an estimated release date.

343i hiring all of these Pro players is a good sign for Halo 5 in my opinion. I can only see good things coming from it. Also, not going to be the same without Frankie for a while. How I shall miss him putting people in their place ;).

Ok, for what its worth, I do believe this reply more.

Euron

I take everything back. There's no way this isn't the release date. Most likely a week after CoD like the MCC, which makes a lot of sense since Black Ops 2 really hurt Halo 4's population.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The "it's a mystery clock!" excuse might be the most hilarious PR denial I've ever read. Com'n guys, we're not stupid.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
After Black Ops 2 killing Halo 4's population when it released a week after its launch, I think 343 will try to stay as far away from CoD as possible. September makes more sense.

COD is not on the same level now. Also Halo 5 is MS's number one game to sell Xbone. This game will have a really big marketing campaign.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

The best answer would have been: "it's our current bug count for the halo 5 beta"

KoopaTheCasual

ok this sound more likely now..

and that excuse from 343i guy....sounds really bad
I actually feel like he's just fucking with people with that response.

"Come on, guys! We're totally serious! That random number generator was already there and fully operational before we even constructed our office!"

Why do you keep calling it a clock, and not it's proper name, ticker, hmmmmmmmm? You're the one calling it a clock. </got you>

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Does this account for the obligatory next-gen delay?

Top Bottom