• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:CE Anniversary Announced (MS Conf, Nov 15th 2011, $40)

Keep the multiplayer the same. The same shotgun same pistol, same grenade. Each of these were dumbed down significantly. I wanted this for years but if they somehow fuck it up by updating it with halo reach/halo 3 updates, I am going to not buy it. There hasn't been a halo CE multiplayer online. That is what I want.

Shake Appeal said:
Yeah, people don't seem to grasp this, so I will repeat:

There is no Halo: CE Anniversary multiplayer via Live. None. Whatsoever.

It's just a map pack for Reach. Same as ODST, where there was a second disc that was just Halo 3 MP with more maps.

Interesting. I guess they either didn't want to spend too much time working on multiplayer or didn't want to cannibalize Reach and Halo 3 online.

So basically it's an HD collection game but with 1 game instead of 2-3? Great... I suppose since their throwing in Reach multi you're still getting pretty good value, but then again I already have Reach so...

Anyways what I would have wanted is halo 1&2 remastered on 1 disc, multi be damned. But I'll still take whatever I can get I guess.

XAL

the framerate is a result of a slow/crap capture, i was watching the stream live on gametrailers and it was silky smooth.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Persona7 said:
I hope this also includes Halo Reach multiplayer in its entirety.
Then I better get some discount. What a waste of 20$ that DLC was - it never comes up. :'(

Shake Appeal said:
Yeah, people don't seem to grasp this, so I will repeat:

There is no Halo: CE Anniversary multiplayer via Live. None. Whatsoever.

It's just a map pack for Reach. Same as ODST, where there was a second disc that was just Halo 3 MP with more maps.
fuck this game. that's all they had to do: put Halo CE's multiplayer online. that's it. and they fucked it up.

Have a lot of mixed feelings about this.

I'm gonna wait for more info about multi-player before I condemn this remake to my "do not want" list.

Fuck you MS.

How dare you almost re-make Halo: CE and instead slap us in the face with a Reach Map Pack.

I was really hoping this remake would be a true Halo: CE XBL experience.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
GloveSlap said:
Not having multi would be so so stupid. Nobody was asking for a remake all these years to play campaign. Nobody.

Incorrect. Me and everyone I know was.

Although yes, having its own native multi would be preferable, but for $40.00 I am not complaining.

Striker

The MP maps look like they're using the Reach engine complete with the current base speed, weapons, assassinations, etc.

Is there any pistol action anywhere? I mean, that's the primary weapon in CE and it was lacking. I am curious if they'll keep it overpowered like it was before. It wouldn't matter to me since it's not going to be in MP, but if everything else looks like they kept the same (CE animations) it would make sense. Hoping they kept the Warthog/grenade physics. :p

GloveSlap said:
Not having multi would be so so stupid. Nobody was asking for a remake all these years to play campaign. Nobody.

I was.....?

I love huge graphical updates like this. It also gives us some insight into how Halo 4 is going to look, in terms of art style and such.

I am a bit bummed about the lack of multiplayer though, because I just don't enjoy Halo Reach anymore.

EDIT: Oh, and I freaked out whenever I saw the real-time shadows. No more lightmaps!!!!!

You see this really well whenever it shows the warthog driving into the group of covenant on The Silent Cartographer scene.

Walshicus

Devin Olsen said:
Fuck you MS.

How dare you almost re-make Halo: CE and instead slap us in the face with a Reach Map Pack.

I was really hoping this remake would be a true Halo: CE XBL experience.
They said in the conference that there would be full campaign co-op. Where are you getting this Map Pack stuff?

Striker said:
The MP maps look like they're using the Reach engine complete with the current base speed, weapons, assassinations, etc.

Is there any pistol action anywhere? I mean, that's the primary weapon in CE and it was lacking. I am curious if they'll keep it overpowered like it was before. It wouldn't matter to me since it's not going to be in MP, but if everything else looks like they kept the same (CE animations) it would make sense. Hoping they kept the Warthog/grenade physics. :p
That's because they're just multiplayer maps for Reach.

GhaleonEB

U n i o n 0015 said:
Interesting. I guess they either didn't want to spend too much time working on multiplayer or didn't want to cannibalize Reach and Halo 3 online.
They want a clean transition from Reach's MP player base to Halo 4, without a side project in between. It makes sense.

If all of the new MP maps support Firefight, that's 1) awesome and 2) a very smart way to leverage the art assets. Firefight will play very well on most MP maps. Including the original assets for the campaign is also very smart.

If it's $40, that's also a very reasonable price. It will sell gangbusters. I'm impressed.

Can't wait, but man the chief looks wonky.

5805396050_768b3433a3_o.png

I want the campaign with all the Reach goodies of skulls, screenshots, video, co-op . There was no way the multiplayer would work anyway.

Walshicus

UnblessedSoul said:
Sucks theres no proper online for the original
Why? What difference does that make? If anything this would be better if the entire project - campaign and multiplayer was DLC for Reach.

GhaleonEB

Epyon MX said:
Can't wait, but man the chief looks wonky.

5805396050_bd09267444_o.png

I want the campaign with all the Reach goodies of skulls, screenshots, video, co-op . There was no way the multiplayer would work anyway.
Yeah he looks pretty ugly.

Kud Dukan

$40 is a great price point for it...glad they are not charging full price. Although they said the same thing about ODST originally. Hopefully it holds up this time.

Truant

I literally laughed out loud when they cut from the original graphics to the remake. Seriously, Microsoft? Looks like a fan made mod.

So, I assume it will be like Halo 3: ODST. One disc will include the remastered CE campaign, and the second disc will include Reach's MP with all previous maps plus the 7 remade maps.

So this game is just a remake of Halo CE's Single Player Campaign? Fine with me, since the first Halo had my favorite single player experience.

Dead

well not really...yet
wait, people seriously thought that the multi wouldn't simply be Halo maps retrofitted for Reach MP?

On one hand:

- Halo: CE remake omg woohoo, one of my favourite games ever but updated
- $40, this year

On the other hand:

- everything

Seriously, online is just a Reach map pack? gtfo with that shit, if I wanted to play Reach I would play Reach. I want to play Halo 1 multiplayer online, untouched, unmolested, with a nice graphical update. Maybe add a few new game modes or something but that's fucking it.

The graphics are surprisingly changed, but a lot of stuff looks rather shitty. I need to see some HD screens to pass full judgement.

Sir Fragula said:
Why? What difference does that make? If anything this would be better if the entire project - campaign and multiplayer was DLC for Reach.
because the multiplayer for CE was loads better than the multiplayer for Reach

MNC

Actually, now that I look at the trailer, it looks pretty fucking ugly at times. The art style is completely messed up.

Top Bottom