• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Creative Director Ryan Payton Leaves 343i, Starts New Studio

Sarah_Bryant said:
So you were the original creative director on the game? That wasnt clear from the article or statement you made. But maybe I went too far in calling you a liar but it seems like you could have made sure that was clear.

Well then can you at least answer the other question: is the game looking good?

Maybe? Stop being a moron and apologize at least.

Corto

Dark Octave said:
A friend told me about someone she knew that had a cat with aids. Back then it was the most ridiculous and hilarious thing I had ever heard. This is the first time I've ever heard of the actual name of it. Pretty crazy to hear that it's real. When did this start popping up?

It's a well known disease since the 80s with a lot of similarities to the Human AIDS but fortunately is not a zoonosis (contagious to humans) . The virus is of the same family of HIV even...

FStop7

Banned
This thread has taken a turn for the bizarre.

First we have the cat torture accuser and now we have Sarah_Bryant, cub reporter.

Rodhull

I know it's the Internet and all but some people's willingness to believe the very worst based on assumptions alone is still mind boggling.

novery said:
Cat torturer? Come on, dude.

MKenyon, the only thing I know about you is that you hop on GAF to tell people how crappy my website was when I was 17-years-old. (It was pretty crappy.)

Who's the asshole, man?

Yeah, what the fuck is up with people starting rumors about cat torture? Reminds me of back in high school a kid came up to me and asked if it was true that I would capture cats in bags, then tie them up and burn their eyes with a magnifying glass. WHAT. THE . FUCK!!

F'n Assholes for sure.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sometimes people can be idiots and not respect what they aren't involved in. Don't be so entitled (to said user we are referring to).

mkenyon

Banned
novery said:
Cat torturer? Come on, dude.

MKenyon, the only thing I know about you is that you hop on GAF to tell people how crappy my website was when I was 17-years-old. (It was pretty crappy.)

Who's the asshole, man?
You telling me you didn't duct tape tube socks on cats to see how fast they'd run away? (as well as some other not nice things). Maybe it was Matty B that was doing it and you were just associated with it, but it was your Mom's cats it was happening to.

You're not a bad guy, and it *was* pretty funny when Matt was relaying all of these stories to me. Maybe he was lying? Either way, we all do stupid stuff when we're in high school. Notice I did follow up with saying some nice things? Realized what I was saying probably sounded over the top. Anyway, give my best to Bob. I got a Pilot's license in high school because of that guy.

Also, thanks again for the modded PSX. I still have it.

*edit*

Also, looking back on that post, you're right. Was assholish of me. I was just caught up in the moment of realizing someone I knew in real life is a badass game designer. Those are really the only stories that stick out to me about you.

.la1n

Cat torture, Mt.Fuji, Tekken characters calling out creative narrative directorsigners on their titles? I've seen it all GAF, I've seen it all.

Ryan, severe depression is hard. Best of luck to you most importantly but also to your new venture.

mkenyon

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
Not sure why you guys aren't having this conversation in private.
Thought about it, but wanted to save face in public. Was stupid of me to say anything public, but now that it's quoted, I can't redact.

weird that after he quit there have been people on reddit and here spreading shit about him.

Ether Ryan is a horrible person who is bad at his job, the internet is full of jerks or MS has some kind of internet forum hit squad thats out to spread shit about people.

I think Ill just go with internet jerks being jerks.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
this thread is embarassing

mkenyon said:
Also, looking back on that post, you're right. Was assholish of me. I was just caught up in the moment of realizing someone I knew in real life is a badass game designer. Those are really the only stories that stick out to me about you.

damn, you're one mighty badass whistleblower.

Corto

funkystudent said:
weird that after he quit there have been people on reddit and here spreading shit about him.

Ether Ryan is a horrible person who is bad at his job, the internet is full of jerks or MS has some kind of internet forum hit squad thats out to spread shit about people.

You hit the nail in the head. Rather amazing that all of the sudden these character attacks spring up from everywhere.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
funkystudent said:

Ryan is a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything and shot aleins in the face.

Ryan has some pretty good PR skills. Posts a cute animal picture, mentions current good deeds and not once did he deny the allegation.

Doesn't imply that he did it, it's a great way to respond to something from your youth without looking like a liar as an adult just in case you forgot about some stupid incident.

Yen

StuBurns said:
Come on, he made it pretty clear he denies it.
The man said MGS4 would be the best yet, so don't believe his lies.
Joke, MGS4 was flawed(the ending) but is still a great game

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
bigtroyjon said:
Ryan has some pretty good PR skills. Posts a cute animal picture, mentions current good deeds and not once did he deny the allegation.

Doesn't imply that he did it, it's a great way to respond to something from your youth without looking like a liar as an adult just in case you forgot about some stupid incident.
Man, some of you guys are persistent. Does it really matter to you what the guy did or didn't do when he was in high school? What difference would it make had the beans been spilled?

Corto

bigtroyjon said:

...I don't even know why I'm addressing this because this is completely slanderous,

Stop that shit already.

Yenrot said:
The man said MGS4 would be the best yet, so don't believe his lies.
Joke, MGS4 was flawed(the ending) but is still a great game
He didn't lie to me. MGS4 was the best one. Fuck the haterz!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
This image might be out of date but it's the first thing I thought of seeing how this thread has gone down.

11bry42.jpg

Wizman23

Banned
My body is shivering with Dousche Chills after reading the last 2 pages.....from the responses from both parties involved with the "cat" situation.

TheOddOne

novery said:
You're right. I'm actually supposed to go climb Mt. Fuji tomorrow morning, and my friend here (incredible effects arts on Metal Gear) is getting pissed that I'm sitting here getting pissed about this and not packing.

If people aren't careful, I'm just going to start posting more pictures of my cats.
Cats you say? Lets do this.

Joking aside, the dude was a douche.

Top Bottom