• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

-Ryn

Banned
No need to defend yourself, it's just more of a running joke ;)

or in your case, a sprinting joke

I came up with ten puns the other day to make people laugh, but when I shared them, no pun in ten did...
YZHYbh.jpg

Hm its interesting what Josh says over Beyond. Maybe 343 should consider a Dev Blog where they could talk about stuff they are working on at the moment.
What so people can bitch about sprint over there as well? No thank you.
:p

I would love to see a dev blog with Frank, Josh, and pals.

Hm its interesting what Josh says over Beyond. Maybe 343 should consider a Dev Blog where they could talk about stuff they are working on at the moment.
Information like this should be on Waypoint in some form of blog. It's kind of annoying that all that small information snippets (like that customization in the final game is limited worse than Halo 3) are around twitter, Neogaf, TeamBeyond, etc. Shouldn't the Halo Bulletin be the place where we can read insider/developer snippets?

Madness

1080pr with 60 frames seems like the perfect compromise. Though for campaign, I wouldn't mind if they did full native 1080p with locked 30 frames. It doesn't really matter though. In the end, the campaign is going to look better than Halo 3, Reach or Halo 4 ever did so I know I'll be blown away.

Glass

Putting a flag in Breakout, or just any second way to win, sounds really good. Hope they go for it. They removed shields to keep things moving quickly, but then so many games became a long slog to find the last remaining guy.

m23

1080pr with 60 frames seems like the perfect compromise. Though for campaign, I wouldn't mind if they did full native 1080p with locked 30 frames. It doesn't really matter though. In the end, the campaign is going to look better than Halo 3, Reach or Halo 4 ever did so I know I'll be blown away.

If they do 60 in mp it should be 60 in campaign. It would be a bit jarring switching between the two. Framerate is more important to me than resolution.

Information like this should be on Waypoint in some form of blog. It's kind of annoying that all that small information snippets (like that customization in the final game is limited worse than Halo 3) are around twitter, Neogaf, TeamBeyond, etc. Shouldn't the Halo Bulletin be the place where we can read insider/developer snippets?

Nah the Video Bulletins are only about HCS stuff nobody cares about. HCS is more important lol

And this written Blog only comes out when Bravo finds some time lol (i wonder what he is doing all day)

Nah the Video Bulletins are only about HCS stuff nobody cares about. HCS is more important lol

And this written Blog only comes out when Bravo finds some time lol (i wonder what he is doing all day)
That's the issue I'm talking about

If they have time to twitter, post in forums and stuff at work they could find time to write a short blog about actual the development status?

I like the idea of a slightly slower paintball-style gametype like Breakout without it immediately going into what amounts to instagib mode as is the case with SWAT, but I can see where Over's coming from. I think the only game that could realistically offer an experience like that without devolving into slotgun starts and kill tradeoffs (netcode aside, mind you) would probably be Halo 2. All the other games are a little too beefy.

Also, AR/Pistol starts kind of rub me the wrong way, but then again the AR/BR/Pistol trichotomy is tricky to deal with in the first place. Maybe you could have the BR and Pistol use traditional scopes and then give the DMR and AR ADS, have BR/Pistol starts, and have the other two operate as on-map pickups.

Omni

I'm trying to watch the Halo 2 Anniversary cinematics on the Halo channel and they're not even in English.

ffs. First the shitty buffering and now this. Anyone know how to fix it? It says English when you select the audio settings...

Akai__

I'm trying to watch the Halo 2 Anniversary cinematics on the Halo channel and they're not even in English.

ffs. First the shitty buffering and now this. Anyone know how to fix it? It says English when you select the audio settings...

Had the same problem. Didn't bother with Halo Channel since then. It's probably much easier to watch them on YouTube.

Remember, when people said it's gonna be a cool app? Yeah, about that...

Random17

Had the same problem. Didn't bother with Halo Channel since then. It's probably much easier to watch them on YouTube.

Remember, when people said it's gonna be a cool app? Yeah, about that...

I can't even get it to work on PC, although I am on Win 10. I think 343i is entirely focused on MCC/Halo 5 now.

Tawpgun

Overall feedback was very positive but there is a clear split between people who like it and people who absolutely LOVE IT.

Since beta the team has been experimenting with adding an objective (one flag). This was something that came up in beta feedback from the community and in suggestions from pros prior to the beta. It gives the mode more depth by providing two different ways to win. Push the flag or eliminate the opposing team. It also addresses the reliance on camping/stalling that we observed in some of the matches in beta w/ players at higher levels of skill.

It's unclear whether or not this new version will ship, but it's looking promising so far.

Will breakout only be on those tron virtual space maps? Or will we have more map variety, putting them on the regular symmetrical maps as well.

A one sides round based CS style bomb arm thing would be cool though.

also did anyone confirm if frank is perm'd or not?

Fuchsdh

Is anyone making the next OT? Do people still care about that? I can throw one up if not I guess

I didn't want to step on toes, since people were jockeying for the "right" to make one. But go for it, I haven't seen anyone else volunteering.

Also, thanks for the link Mix, I'd forgotten all about that blog. Was some interesting stuff on there.

Kssio_Aug

After their last minor update (65mb?) they heavily improved the matchmaking or I'm just being more lucky?

The last 4 matches I played found games pretty fast, even when lacking 1 player it was able to find it right away. I don't know but it seems improved.

wwm0nkey

But for real, Halo 5 is looking great! In a weird way its been good HaloGAF has been down because ive been going black on most of the info, well everything not blue team related lol

Top Bottom