• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

There was a Sonic game in '06 that really sucked, that's why I'm not preordering Halo 5.

0asonic.gif

I didn't get my free month of xbl from MCC and bought it day one and tried playing online like twice and gave up. After a quick google search I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem (Not getting the free xbl). Anybody here have any tips on what I can do?

Bossniak

I didn't get my free month of xbl from MCC and bought it day one and tried playing online like twice and gave up. After a quick google search I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem. Anybody here have any tips on what I can do?

I didn't get mine as well. But I get to be in the beta for Halo MCC!! Payed 60 bucks for this amazing treat.

I didn't get my free month of xbl from MCC and bought it day one and tried playing online like twice and gave up. After a quick google search I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem (Not getting the free xbl). Anybody here have any tips on what I can do?

I didn't get mine as well. But I get to be in the beta for Halo MCC!! Payed 60 bucks for this amazing treat.

I never received mine either.

I would like to get this update though

This could work, and one benefit of it, could be that anyone who wants to recreate CE style shooting, can then make this CE type pistol a starting weapon for custom games etc.

Who knows though. Can't wait for some info on how the beta went for them, what they learned etc.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Instead of tweaking a weapon to make it feel like the Halo 1 pistol like in Reach you could have a the one already in the game plus a legendary magnum that you know has different traits.

Madness

Gaming side so mad

They are. Yeah the game is borked, and small patches aren't doing much to get the job done. Here is a major patch that will hopefully fix most of the problems, and they need help testing it beyond just their group of testers in the studio.

So what's the issue? Continue being mad, or move forward and hopefully get the problems fixed once and for all. If anything, I'd rather they have volunteers find problems rather than have another patch come that does nothing. I wonder what they've changed in this patch that's different from the previous ones.

So uh, can I get that Halo 5 beta back??

Is exactly what I thought after my last couple play sessions of the MCC. Extend the beta until MCC is properly fixed, give us something functional in the interim. Beta had a good little stable of maps, BR starts for the most part and a decent, if not flawless, ranking system. I am missing it actually.

Eh, I just think people take gaming far too seriously.

If you know a game works, and you're pretty sure you're going to enjoy it, the fact that the previous game didn't work shouldn't affect your decision. It just seems very irrational to me.

Some do take it too seriously, however, paying around £350 to play the MCC and still not being able to satisfactorily two months later deserves a hint more scrutiny than usual. MCC aside, the console is surprisingly semi functional too. Everything's an app and many of those apps range from taking their sweet time to being flat out unresponsive.

You know how when you buy a Windows laptop and the first time you use it everything runs snappy and a web browser opens instantly? Then after about three years of use opening that same web browser takes about thirty seconds just to launch? Xbox One feels like a three year old laptop out of the box.

Ramirez

Is exactly what I thought after my last couple play sessions of the MCC. Extend the beta until MCC is properly fixed, give us something functional in the interim. Beta had a good little stable of maps, BR starts for the most part and a decent, if not flawless, ranking system. I am missing it actually.

I'm gonna catch major heat over this, but after playing some MCC tonight, I think I'm over it, lol. I did not expect to like Halo 5 like I did.

DJ Gunner

Between Halo 4 and MS's direction with the XBone I had no intention of buying the machine. MCC of course changed that- but what I can state with absolute certainty as that I won't be buying Halo 5, under any circumstance. And yes, some of the reasoning is sheer principle after spending almost five hundred dollars for something that still doesn't work almost three months after I bought it. Those of you who, after being shown that 343 neither knows how to write a Halo story nor produce a proper Halo game still line up to give them your money, well- kudos to you, but I'm done.

That said, I'm very happy to see this big push to revamp the MCC, because it contains the only Halos I consider quality, and I'd like to play them as long as I can.

link1201

I know the sad state the game is in is weighing on that. But coming off nothing but competitive games in H5 to playing scrubs in a game with no ranks/skill matchmaking, ehhhh.

I know it'll never happen but I'd love for them to give us the ranks that was in the Beta (or a better version) in the MCC. I miss the all those close games.

Cow

I'm very happy to see this big push to revamp the MCC, because it contains the only Halos I consider quality, and I'd like to play them as long as I can.

I just hope they can revamp the population somehow once it's working. Maybe they should announce a bit of extra compensation for coming back and giving MCC another go. Like another 1 month free of XBL.

Ramirez

The only way you're gonna recover the game's population at this point is putting it on Games with Gold, but hoo boy, that would be a shit storm.

CliQ

wNjW3fC.jpg

Now that the Halo 5 Beta has passed it's time we power down those thrusters and get back to business! This weekend the MCC Throwdown will be returning and it is up to YOU what we play. If you don't know what the hell any of this is please take a minute to check out these two videos...

MCC Throwdown Highlights!

MOAR MCC Highlights!

Cast your vote here to decide what we play!

If you would like to be a part of the MCC Throwdown and I don't already know who you are please send me a PM with your gamertag and I will add you on Xbox Live.

If I do know who you are, well...

giphy.gif

See you on the battlefield!

FyreWulff

This actually isn't even new. They announced that Reach was going to have a beta playlist after the holidays when the TU came out and it was quietly cancelled later on.

darthbob

wNjW3fC.jpg

Now that the Halo 5 Beta has passed it's time we power down those thrusters and get back to business! This weekend the MCC Throwdown will be returning and it is up to YOU what we play. If you don't know what the hell any of this is please take a minute to check out these two videos...

MOAR MCC Highlights!

If you would like to be a part of the MCC Throwdown and I don't already know who you are please send me a PM with your gamertag and I will add you on Xbox Live.

giphy.gif

Voted for Valhalla. Hopefully I can play with you guys this weekend.

Haruko

I'm flying to PAX South tomorrow, so I'll miss the Throwdown this weekend. Hope it runs smoothly for you guys.

Anyone have any San Antonio must-sees/eats?

Welfare

wNjW3fC.jpg

MOAR MCC Highlights!

We need to play an oldie but goodie. BG CTF

blamite

This actually isn't even new. They announced that Reach was going to have a beta playlist after the holidays when the TU came out and it was quietly cancelled later on.

Didn't that beta playlist actually end up happening? I don't think it as actually a beta in any real sense since basically nothing about the gametypes changed as a result, but I could've sworn that there was some kind of "beta" period before the whole standard/evolved split and Super Slayer debacle.

Didn't that beta playlist actually end up happening? I don't think it as actually a beta in any real sense since basically nothing about the gametypes changed as a result, but I could've sworn that there was some kind of "beta" period before the whole standard/evolved split and Super Slayer debacle.

Yeah, wasn't there a playlist? I barely remember anymore though.

Madness

Is anyone seeing the ability to opt in yet? I got a message asking me if I wanted to join the beta test while playing MCC. It then says to launch app, which I do. I see the tile for the new beta test but it's just information on what's going to happen. Nothing to click join, to take a survey etc.

I'm finding that the only reason I play the MCC is to 3sk with the pistol or run corners and BXR scrubs.

Keeping the community alive.

#BXRinHalo5

CliQ

Is anyone seeing the ability to opt in yet? I got a message asking me if I wanted to join the beta test while playing MCC. It then says to launch app, which I do. I see the tile for the new beta test but it's just information on what's going to happen. Nothing to click join, to take a survey etc.

If you read it says to fill out the survey. Go to the survey section and fill out the Halo MCC Beta survey.

On that note I opted in to the beta update which is this weekend. Not sure how it will affect my game when it comes to hosting the Throwdown. Hopefully it works *Crosses Fingers*

If you read it says to fill out the survey. Go to the survey section and fill out the Halo MCC Beta survey.

On that note I opted in to the beta update which is this weekend. Not sure how it will affect my game when it comes to hosting the Throwdown. Hopefully it works *Crosses Fingers*
This is the MCC we're talking about. It's not gonna work.

fxByH9F.png

Can't... form... a party...
Can't form... Can't form a party...

I've got something to tell ya
I've got news for you
Gonna put some wheels in motion
Get ready 'cause we're coming through
Hey now, hey now, hear what I say now
Happiness is just around the corner
Hey now, hey now, hear what I say now
We'll be there for you

The Betabus is coming
To Master Chief's Collection
Cairo to New Mombasa
This game's a real kielbasa
But things just might get patched, wow!
They've said the same for months now...
Hey, don't be such a hater
And opt-in to the beta

Madness

That's just it though, there is no survey to fill out. The only surveys there are for Evolve beta, smartglass achievement snap etc.

RowdyReverb

From the info on the beta:
Q: Will I still be able to use multiplayer matchmaking against other players that don’t have this content update?
A: No, during the time of this beta test when this content update is installed, you will only be able to be matched with other players that also have the content update.
I don't know how this affects custom games when players have mixed versions because they only specify matchmaking. I suppose if you opted in though, I'll go ahead and do it too

FyreWulff

Nope. This was after that one.

Chronology was:

TU is released

They then made a tweak to Armor Lock, then said "fuck it, we're doing it live" and pushed the TU into the rest of matchmaking.

bleedthrough removed from TU

Then in an update they mentioned that another beta playlist was coming. Presumably this was to test another configuration for TU lists. It was never mentioned again.

Feb 2 2012 Bulletin

http://halo.bungie.org/halobulletins/35

Zero Bloom moved to Competitive category, and Beta category hidden.

Zero Bloom Slayer is popular enough to be moved to the Competitive category. We're working on what will be in the Beta category next, but it needs a little more time to marinate in order to reach its maximum important status. Keep an eye out for its return in the near future.

i sometimes hate my lame superpower of remembering everything

CE and H2C are terrible.
A blend of wonky hitboxes and detection, copious quitting, and matches of jackshit happening. At least H3 and H4 can be counted on for more... reliability.

Rtas

Anyone know is gamestop in europe going to be stocking the statue edition? I've been checking in my local but they have no idea so far. I'm hoping theres no exclusivity thing like with the UK edition of 4

Impala26

MOAR MCC Highlights!

I voted for Other.

I've really been hankering for a full 16 player BTB match on any one of the Halo PC maps.

Halo PC was like my first extensive Halo multiplayer experience and I have a soft spot in my heart for all those exclusive maps. My two favorites? Gephyrophobia and Death Island. Gephyrophobia is an awesome shooting gallery for pistols/snipers and Death Island is a fairly open chaotic vehicular playground. Make it so Clique!!! (at least as maybe a later game of the Throwdown)

VinFTW

This is something I hadn't realized I wanted. It's so satisfying to watch.

you bet your tits it is...

And I second a BTB CE PC map... haven't played on any of those yet.

Clique.. do it. Become the tyrannical dictator we all know you want to be and shut down that poll and do it.

CliQ

I voted for Other.

I've really been hankering for a full 16 player BTB match on any one of the Halo PC maps.

Halo PC was like my first extensive Halo multiplayer experience and I have a soft spot in my heart for all those exclusive maps. My two favorites? Gephyrophobia and Death Island. Gephyrophobia is an awesome shooting gallery for pistols/snipers and Death Island is a fairly open chaotic vehicular playground. Make it so Clique!!! (at least as maybe a later game of the Throwdown)

The larger maps like Death Island and Infinity are a lot of fun but even with 16 people it sometimes feels like you're alone. I'll def squeeze it into the rotation on Saturday though. They are fun!

Top Bottom