• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Ramirez

So, booted up MCC for the first time since early December (I think?).

-Played a game of 5v5 Halo 4 no problem
-Played a game of HC Halo 2 3v3, one person quit, game randomly ended 25-16
-Played a game of CE 3v3 with no problems.
-Currently searching BTB, taking a while...never found a game.

Halo 2 is unplayable for me, the hit detection is flat out bad. Halo 4 Legendary BRs still isn't very good. CE was on Wizard, and there was never a point in the game when there wasn't a OS/Camo in one of the bases, the spawn timers are pretty gud. I didn't time it, but I'm pretty sure picking it up at any point produced another just a few seconds later.

Overall, didn't set my world on fire.

If they increase the default 16:9 FoV to 100 or so, and clean up the sound mix, maybe we can start talking about no radar.

Obviously just make it mandatory to enter a playlist with a full team of people with mics, who have been thoroughly evaluated as to their ability to call-out.

jem0208

Someone made something on Imgur. Was it one of you?

http://imgur.com/gallery/RoyOB2s
I've never understood this sort of boycott mentality.

I can understand wanting to boycott a game if the problem you have will actually effect your experience playing it. For example Sim City and it's online requirement. However, the state of the MCC has no effect on the quality of Halo 5. If Halo 5 releases and its perfectly playable then I will definitely buy it.

This whole mentality of wanting to send a message just makes no sense to me. They're fucking games! We play them for enjoyment! You're going to deprive yourself from potentially enjoying something because another game is broken... It's the same with people boycotting EA and Ubisoft etc. because some of their games are broken. The ones which aren't are fun, what's the harm in playing them?

By all means, don't pre order 5 (I'm still totally going to pre order it...). However if it turns out that the game works as intended then I don't see the problem with buying it.

1.23.15 MCC Content Update Beta Announced.

BETA.FOR.AN.UPDATE.

Recall it already.

Why recall it? I'm getting more enjoyment out of the game in its current state than I would if I didn't have it at all.

That said, a fucking beta for an update? This thing better be huge...

Magwik

Banned

I can understand wanting to boycott a game if the problem you have will actually effect your experience playing it. For example Sim City and it's online requirement. However, the state of the MCC has no effect on the quality of Halo 5. If Halo 5 releases and its perfectly playable then I will definitely buy it.

This whole mentality of wanting to send a message just makes no sense to me. They're fucking games! We play them for enjoyment! You're going to deprive yourself from potentially enjoying something because another game is broken... It's the same with people boycotting EA and Ubisoft etc. because some of their games are broken. The ones which aren't are fun, what's the harm in playing them?

By all means, don't pre order 5 (I'm still totally going to pre order it...). However if it turns out that the game works as intended then I don't see the problem with buying it.

The issue is that if people keep buying shit product regardless if 1 or 2 work, that they can just continue getting away with rushing shit to hit a release window as well as releasing more broken games.

Clearly the reddit post from pages ago was on the money. I'm glad they're doing a beta before public release with such changes going on. It certainly sounds like the X1 backend/platform is changing too hence the connection of the MCC beta to the Xbox preview program.

As for North America only that urks me, again. The public release is labelled as supporting Azure regions the world over, it would be nice if testing reflected real world implementation.

I truly hope they've gone the Titanfall route and let players/party leaders choose the Azure datacentre before entering a playlist. Nothing selected then default to ALL or matchmaking filters.

jem0208

The issue is that if people keep buying shit product regardless if 1 or 2 work, that they can just continue getting away with rushing shit to hit a release window as well as releasing more broken games.

Don't buy shit which is broken them. Don't pre order games.

If they work, buy them. If they don't, don't buy them.

If Halo 5 turns out to be a buggy mess as well, don't buy it. However if it turns out to be fine, why should the state if the MCC effect the purchase decision?

Why recall it? I'm getting more enjoyment out of the game in its current state than I would if I didn't have it at all.

That said, a fucking beta for an update?

Well, people want to burn back and not giving them their money is one way to do that.

I'm sure the franchise development meetings have been, uh, awkward at 343i thanks to MCC since they basically fucked up a core pillar of their brand. Their love letter to fans was really a kick in the dick, and that's just bad for business.

Magwik

Banned
Don't buy shit which is broken them. Don't pre order games.

If they work, buy them. If they don't, don't buy them.

If Halo 5 turns out to be a buggy mess as well, don't buy it. However if it turns out to be fine, why should the state if the MCC effect the purchase decision?

Because it's from the same company and developers that purposely sold you a broken product and lied about it months until launch?

jem0208

Well, people want to burn back and not giving them their money is one way to do that.
See this is what I don't understand. The fact that people get so emotionally invested in this stuff. They're just games. Sure it sucks that the MCC is broken and I can't believe how useless 343 has been in trying to fix it. However not buying 5, regardless of whether it works and is fun or not, just to "get back" at 343 makes no sense to me.

Because it's from the same company and developers that purposely sold you a broken product and lied about it months until launch?
Regardless of whether that's actually true or not. I don't care. I play games to have fun, not playing games because a different game was broken kinda gets in the way of that.

It's not like 343 went around killing people. They made a buggy game. Shit happens. Why does everything need to be about sending a message?

Like I said, people get far too emotionally invested in the gaming industry. Boycotting companies and console wars, it's so ridiculous. It literally makes me roll my eyes.

Magwik

Banned
See this is what I don't understand. The fact that people get so emotionally invested in this stuff. They're just games. Sure it sucks that the MCC is broken and I can't believe how useless 343 has been in trying to fix it. However not buying 5, regardless of whether it works and is fun or not, just to "get back" at 343 makes no sense to me.

jem0208

Because you paid money for something that doesn't work, and were lied to about it. It's not an emotional investment, it's a financial one. If you want to support shit practices and broken games go ahead, it's your money.
How is buying Halo 5 supporting broken games? (assuming it isn't broken)

I completely understand boycotting games if they actually are broken. But people are suggesting we boycott 5, regardless of whether it works well or not.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Even if you could use a KB/mouse, I have to imagine the latency would kill a lot of the advantage.

If there's latency between the PC and Xbox One...then I have to question, what's the point of playing Xbox One on the PC? Kinda like my deal with Kinect...if there's latency in the controls...it ruins the experience.

As for if M/K could be used, they would have to patch in some ability to remove all auto-aim and sticky-aim...the aiming controls would have to be altered just for M/K users.

I kinda don't get the concept though. Steam's makes sense, it's bringing PC gaming into the living room via a controller and your big TV. Win10 Xbox Gaming....on the PC...that's odd to me.

If there's latency between the PC and Xbox One...then I have to question, what's the point of playing Xbox One on the PC? Kinda like my deal with Kinect...if there's latency in the controls...it ruins the experience.

As for if M/K could be used, they would have to patch in some ability to remove all auto-aim and sticky-aim...the aiming controls would have to be altered just for M/K users.

I kinda don't get the concept though. Steam's makes sense, it's bringing PC gaming into the living room via a controller and your big TV. Win10 Xbox Gaming....on the PC...that's odd to me.

Yup. I see no audience or appeal to stream a console game to a PC. The only potential use for it is how they advertise the gamepad for the Wii U: "Play your game while the family watches TV!"

I really doubt anyone will use it... Mouse and keyboard won't work for it I can guarantee. The XboxOne controllers have official PC support, so..there ya go.

jem0208

Customers who were burned have decided to not support the company that burned them. Yeah, who does that?
See, I know people do it. I just don't understand why...

I can understand being wary about future titles. I can understand not trusting the company at all. However if 5 releases and it turns out to be fine, I don't understand the people who won't buy it because the MCC was broken.

Yup. I see no audience or appeal to stream a console game to a PC. The only potential use for it is how they advertise the gamepad for the Wii U: "Play your game while the family watches TV!"

I really doubt anyone will use it... Mouse and keyboard won't work for it I can guarantee. The XboxOne controllers have official PC support, so..there ya go.

I'm certainly going to use it. Being able to sit in bed and play Halo on my laptop is going to be glorious.

So you're buying crack from me. You give me $60 and I give you a bag of flour. Are you gonna buy from me again?

Under the assumption that I actually want crack...

If you turned up again and proved to me that the next bag actually contains crack, why not? You're a dick, but I just want your product.

Karl2177

See, I know people do it. I just don't understand why...

I can understand being wary about future titles. I can understand not trusting the company at all. However if 5 releases and it turns out to be fine, I don't understand the people who won't buy it because the MCC was broken.

So you're buying crack from me. You give me $60 and I give you a bag of flour. Are you gonna buy from me again?

Rev3rb

Sounds like a rebuilt matchmaking/party system or Xbox 2015 matchmaking/party SDK had a major update that they're going to test.

No idea, but sounds huge if it needs its own beta. Looking forward to it.

The Flash

Banned
"Can we build it? We don't fucking know!"

I'm almost ashamed to call myself a Halo fan now. Like I don't want people to know that I paid full price for this piece of garbage. 343 needs a serious staff overhaul before I even entertain the idea of trusting them again. Thank you Frankie and Company, you have effectively rendered one of my all time favorite franchises dead to me.

Madness

Were all Halo junkies. Regardless of what happens, come November, we're all going to have bought the game and will be playing it. We know it, 343 knows it.

That said I hope I'm selected to be in the program. But I don't think I'll be chosen based on the fact I haven't really touched the game much the past month. So I don't know if I was engaged enough to be chosen.

Also, Jem, like any consumer product, once you're burned, you're wary of buying again. Don't know why that's hard to understand.

-Ryn

Banned
To be fair, that's not really a good analogy given that Jem is only advocating buying it if you know it works. Which given the power of the internet, is possible to do without putting down a dime.

jem0208

Also, Jem, like any consumer product, once you're burned, you're wary of buying again. Don't know why that's hard to understand.
I agree with that, I've been saying exactly that all along. Don't pre order Halo 5.

What I don't get is people saying that they will boycott it regardless of whether it turns out fine or broken.

RBK

Banned
Were all Halo junkies. Regardless of what happens, come November, we're all going to have bought the game and will be playing it. We know it, 343 knows it.

Thank you.

The "Halo is dead to me" comments are ridiculous. If you see any sniff of positive word of mouth of H5, you'll be buying it if you haven't made the Day 1 purchase.

The Flash

Banned

That's another thing about this whole situation that pisses me off. No matter how much they screw things up. No matter how idiotic they act. No matter how mad I get at them for what they did; I will still get H5. My love and fascination for the Halo universe is just too deep and I really wish it wasn't right now.

sigh

You're killing me, Smalls! You're killing me!

jem0208

It doesn't and I'm not disagreeing with you, but I can also see why someone wouldn't want to give their money to someone who they felt cheated by. Halped.
Eh, I just think people take gaming far too seriously.

If you know a game works, and you're pretty sure you're going to enjoy it, the fact that the previous game didn't work shouldn't affect your decision. It just seems very irrational to me.

Top Bottom