• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Combat Evolved 2
needs to happen that plays really fast and continues down the CE 2v2/3v3/4v4 route of arena gameplay. CE 3v3 is so good, sooo good. I should have done them more back then.
FUNKNOWN everything you post makes too much sense. You should really try and make bad posts that's how you get to the heart of HaloGAF.

I think I just spoiled the plot of Destiny...
Motion tracker provides rewarding, skill-based gameplay that allows for creativity and outsmarting opponents by sneakily, tactically and skillfully crawling across the map.

And hire juices.

Essentially what I'm getting out of all of this is the steady and unwavering reminder of truth that Halo CE has always been the best Halo.

200.gif

Combat Evolved 2
needs to happen that plays really fast and continues down the CE 2v2/3v3/4v4 route of arena gameplay. CE 3v3 is so good, sooo good. I should have done them more back then.

Motion tracker provides rewarding, skill-based gameplay that allows for creativity and outsmarting opponents by sneakily, tactically and skillfully crawling across the map.

And hire juices.

I am usually in the anti change group but crouching should not take you off radar. It promotes camping. Lot of people were crawling around in the H5 beta.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Saw the Windows 10 announcement for Xbox....you can play games from your Win10 PC? So does this mean we can use mouse and keyboard for Halo 5? If so...Mouse and Keyboard players are gonna dong all over controllers.

Haruko

Saw the Windows 10 announcement for Xbox....you can play games from your Win10 PC? So does this mean we can use mouse and keyboard for Halo 5? If so...Mouse and Keyboard players are gonna dong all over controllers.

Perhaps; though their mockup video showed a controller being used to play H5 on a tablet/PC, streamed from an Xbone. Will be interesting to get all the details on this

GrizzNKev

Banned

No. You will need to use an Xbone controller.

Fuchsdh

Even if you could use a KB/mouse, I have to imagine the latency would kill a lot of the advantage.

dwells

No. You will need to use an Xbone controller.
I sure hope they have control relay over USB. Otherwise you'll be limited to being within the range of the Xbox One controller to the console, which is extremely limited. That would make the streaming pretty much useless.

Also, they need to publish what the input lag figures are on the average home network. Anything more than one frame at 60FPS (16ms) and it's useless for competitive games.

I hope it winds up being good, though. All I ask is to be able to out-BR kids from the toilet.

DJ Gunner

I sure hope they have control relay over USB. Otherwise you'll be limited to being within the range of the Xbox One controller to the console, which is extremely limited. That would make the streaming pretty much useless.

Also, they need to publish what the input lag figures are on the average home network. Anything more than one frame at 60FPS (16ms) and it's useless for competitive games.

I hope it winds up being good, though. All I ask is to be able to out-BR kids from the toilet.

That assumes a functional Halo game on the XBone

Tunavi

Banned
I want a spin off of halo 1 that tells Keyes' story, complete with maneuvering the pillar of autumn and space combat. Would start with the events before halo with reach and the Keyes loop, made in the original halo/CEA engine with blur cutscenes.

I'll just keep dreaming, but oh fuck I want that so bad

I want a spin off of halo 1 that tells Keyes' story, complete with maneuvering the pillar of autumn and space combat. Would start with the events before halo with reach and the Keyes loop, made in the original halo/CEA engine with blur cutscenes.

I'll just keep dreaming, but oh fuck I want that so bad

QTE to soften up your face before chief caves your head in

Tunavi

Banned
Speaking of which, I realized Gravemind came to be after the flood mindfucked Keyes. Basically I'm assuming that Gravemind is the reincarnation of Keyes' intelligence in flood form.

Whaaaaaaat

Speaking of which, I realized Gravemind came to be after the flood mindfucked Keyes. Basically I'm assuming that Gravemind is the reincarnation of Keyes' intelligence in flood form.

Whaaaaaaat

Weren't the Flood in CE and 2 two totally different instances?

Whaaaaaaat
No, that Gravemind was blown to hell and back.

Graveminds crop up all over the place once you can gather enough (brain?) mass.

CliQ

Combat Evolved 2

And hire juices.

MOAR!

-Ryn

Banned
I would think that the Gravemind is a single entity given that it holds the memories of all the previous Gravemind. So the Keyes Gravemind could very well be the Halo 2 Gravemind.

lmfao alright

Halo 3 had a healthy population because it was the best and most competitive Halo game.

Halo 2 was a step in the right direction after 3 years of the incredible love and success of CE.

There was a reason to remove the Grenade Launcher.

There was a reason to remove the Falcon.

It was a good idea to bring back Camo as an AA after the universal hate it received in Reach despite bringing back the OS Power-up and adding two new ones.

It was a good idea to allow Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades in load outs.

David Ellis describing power weapons as one shot kills but forgetting about the Boltshot, then disappearing when asked to comment did not make me cry at night.

Frankie is not a master mind and doesn't know how to control our emotions. He definitely doesn't enjoy messing with us with all that power.

I will give up hope for
Combat Evolved 2 and #NoMotionTracker
at some point in my life.

Every single line in this post is truth.

Thanks CliQ, my night is now ruined..

The thing from CE never reached Gravemind status, Keyes was incorporated into a proto-gravemind. This protomind was destroyed.

The one from H2 reached Gravemind status well before game events apparently.

Ozzy, radar makes you worse. You like being bad at Halo? If so, keep depending on and supporting radar as you know it and my apologies for thinking you wanted better from this franchise and its demographic of players.

Harsh? Maybe. Harsh honesty because I care? Absolutely.

FUNKNOWN cares about all of you.

Ozzy, radar makes you worse. You like being bad at Halo? If so, keep depending on and supporting radar as you know it and my apologies for thinking you wanted better from this franchise and its demographic of players.

BTB with no radar? No thanks. Objective games with vehicles 4v4/5v5 and no radar? No thanks.

Also give me any game version and map with a bomb and no radar and I'll likely arm it a decent percentage of the time. Speaking of general matchmaking, not claiming to be the best player in the world you know.

I totally get your hyper-competitive arena play and always regular teams want no radar and spawn traps etc. It's just not something I care to play all the time. Radar allows a solo player to make a huge difference, especially in games like CTF or bomb from H2/3/Reach or 4.

Take a slice of my time in Halo 3 ranked objective, a solo Aussie for the most part as so many players/friends just want to play slayer over objective and most simply don't have the CTF/bomb dedication I do. Now there is no way with random teams or just two buddies playing could have achieved 50 in that playlist and held it for years. The regular teams that ran that playlist were running in 4 so often. I could change the tide enough to keep a win percentage that made it enjoyable.

Without radar and randoms vs. regular teams that playlist would have been shite for me, straight up.

I agree you should have a playlist that suits your no radar wants. Champion player/party toggles as it would literally match players who want the same things and give you more specific vote variants for you to play on. Honestly one of the biggest misses for me personally was not having these toggles for MCC, the unified UI could have just been playlists and toggles of maps/settings. BAM one and done.

-Ryn

Banned
No I got it from a random letter generator when I was looking for character names for a storyline I was working on
Didn't know you write.
What kind of stuff?

Every single line in this post is truth.

Thanks CliQ, my night is now ruined..
I can taste the tears.
Why!?

A harsh truth is better than a sweet lie

BTB with no radar? No thanks.

Also give me any game version and map with a bomb and no radar and I'll likely arm it a decent percentage of the time. Speaking of general matchmaking, not claiming to be the best player in the world you know.

I totally get your hyper-competitive arena play and always regular teams want no radar and spawn traps etc. It's just not something I care to play all the time. Radar allows a solo player to make a huge difference, especially in games like CTF or bomb from H2/3/Reach or 4.

Take a slice of my time in Halo 3 ranked objective, a solo Aussie for the most part as so many players/friends just want to play slayer over objective and most simply don't have the CTF/bomb dedication I do. Now there is no way with random teams or just two buddies playing could have achieved 50 in that playlist and held it for years. The regular teams that ran that playlist were running in 4 so often. I could change the tide enough to keep a win percentage that made it enjoyable.

Without radar and randoms vs. regular teams that playlist would have been shite for me, straight up.
You could argue that radar also hurts a solo player (especially in objective). You can see where the enemy is but so can they. And there a lot more of them than you. So that kills stealth right off the bat unless you want to crouch the whole time.

I think Radar can work for certain gametypes and I'd love to see it come back if it were changed, but as it is it makes defensive play much more practical.

Someone made something on Imgur. Was it one of you?

http://imgur.com/gallery/RoyOB2s
I feel like that'd make a great poster...

Radar is fine for goof-off playlists like Big Team or Multi-Team, but even in radar playlists there needs to be some non-radar gametypes so radar doesn't become a completely expected feature.

I just remember Halo 2 Team Slayer having regular Team Slayer gametype and "Pro" (without radar), so even as a superscrub, playing without radar was not a completely alien concept.

The other major factor to radar is online latency, it helps create some "padding" for lack of a better word so an Aussie can actually compete at the highest levels of matchmaking. Do you know what it's like to not be able to use grenades during a match? The latency would literally get you killed every time. No radar, for me and my region specifically, essentially breaks the game down to you saw me first and I died because of that. It's exactly why I don't play COD etc.

On most high ranked games I'm a good step or two behind, the magic of what your game version is showing you isn't what is actually going on the server/host version of the game. I haven't even gone into network prediction and all these other fabulous smoke and mirrors. Radar helps me compete online, it's not a crutch for me in that respect.

It is padding for a 90-200ms difference, which in Halo is a world of difference.

jem0208

Maybe with the new Hololens we can have a 3D radar that sits on your table and allows you to perfectly pinpoint where the enemies are...

Madness

So this has probably already been suggested, but with legendary weapons like the Prophet's Bane....We're totally going to see a 3SK magnum as a power weapon in one of the maps right? :p

This could work, and one benefit of it, could be that anyone who wants to recreate CE style shooting, can then make this CE type pistol a starting weapon for custom games etc.

Who knows though. Can't wait for some info on how the beta went for them, what they learned etc.

Top Bottom