• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Halo 4 is fun.

Given all my loadouts thrusters, feels reasonably similar to Halo 5. Also means my reflex thrust is actually responding again :p

I think this is what I'm going to be playing most on the build up to Halo 5.

Glad to know I'm not the only one loving the shit outta 4. And my loadouts are the same thing, all thruster except for btb stuff with mobility. It's very similar to the beta. I've always thought that if everyone was forced to use the thruster and no other abilities that it would have been perfect for Legendary Slayer. But nooooo they had to take all the AAs out.

Who wants to play some Halo 4 tonight?
I'm down man, GTs Munch Pokeballs

Crud

Banned
Glad to know I'm not the only one loving the shit outta 4. And my loadouts are the same thing, all thruster except for btb stuff with mobility. It's very similar to the beta. I've always thought that if everyone was forced to use the thruster and no other abilities that it would have been perfect for Legendary Slayer. But nooooo they had to take all the AAs out.

I'm down man, GTs Munch Pokeballs

Ok I get off work here in about 25min 12:00AM CST I will be on around 12:20 AM CST. I will add you and send you an invite as soon as I log on cool?

Honestly, 343 should temporarily recall the multiplayer aspect of MCC and re-release it once it works if that is possible. It may be a way to generate fresh hype and get people back into it.

So, pull a FF14 and pretend like launch was a dry run? I'm all for it.

Pez

Man, I was 26 levels into the master chief saga playlist and it reset my progress. Now the playlist starts on pillar of Autumn. I'd have to replay 26 levels to get back to were I was (Sierra 117).

Why is everything so disastrously broken in this game.

Unless we're talking oddball this sentence makes no sense to me.

Almost all objective gametypes are much easier to spawn trap.

Arena style or one sided from H2/3 sure objective spawn killing was a big issue e.g. Wall Zanzibar or Highground. The focus for slayer is just kill and always look for that advantage, objective has other avenues to play as a solo or team.

I've had plenty of stealth bomb arms or flag runs while my team was getting spawn killed. Especially without an objective indicator over my head :)

Objective holding sucks, I agree, but even then having a flag to attack or a bomb to arm is still my preference over slayer.

I don't like spawn trapping gameplay in any mode. I prefer objective over slayer every time. I find spawn trapping and teams who practise that more prolific in slayer too. Stat-padders in any mode can go fuck themselves too. That's probably a better way to describe it.

Tunavi

Banned
just spent a while trying to protect a lone engineer on the first firefight in CE's second level.

i got you, little guy, i got you.

Impala26

I believe the implication is that Destiny's plot, is in fact bad.

*blows bubble pipe*

Obligatory:

2741154-0635813057-9b3.p.png

It was just the way he said it that was making me unsure how it related exactly to your above point.

I'm off sick from work at the moment, and couldn't sleep due to the tremendous pain I'm in (I have some huge infection on the back of my head, it's gross and super painful) so I got stuck in editing the montage...

First draft complete! :)

Just rendering, where I will then seek some feedback from some of my peers, before release.

Quite pleased with it! Only frustrating thing was there were a couple of people who only sent me one clip, which made doing the credits at the end a bit naff.

Ok so parties are holding together with 5 and 6 players tonight in MCC but the playlists for BTB are max 6 and we can't find a match at all. We can"t enter the Halo 4 playlist where we were with 5 and had solid connections again.

This game just doesn't want us to party u and play matchmaking. Ugh, off to customs and P2P...

EDIT1: Huh, customs FFA host was sweeeeet as, did they get Dedis for customs going? Sure felt like it for everyone in the last game.

EDIT2: another custom with sweet ass connection. Colour me impressed.

willow ve

Man, I was 26 levels into the master chief saga playlist and it reset my progress. Now the playlist starts on pillar of Autumn. I'd have to replay 26 levels to get back to were I was (Sierra 117).

That's worse than BF4 campaign resets. At least that game you could blow through the campaign in an hour or two after you lost your save (for the 3rd time).

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm off sick from work at the moment, and couldn't sleep due to the tremendous pain I'm in (I have some huge infection on the back of my head, it's gross and super painful) so I got stuck in editing the montage...

Just rendering, where I will then seek some feedback from some of my peers, before release.

Quite pleased with it! Only frustrating thing was there were a couple of people who only sent me one clip, which made doing the credits at the end a bit naff.

sorry :(

I'm not touching playlists at all. I don't even understand the concept. "Play the entire saga of the Master Chief". Why, when you can do it all from the campaign menu? It's pointless.

I'm not touching playlists at all. I don't even understand the concept. "Play the entire saga of the Master Chief". Why, when you can do it all from the campaign menu? It's pointless.

I think it's mainly for people who are too lazy to rig achievement-runs themselves, e.g. using the SLASO playlist instead of going in and having to figure out which ones are required for SLASO, etc.

IHaveIce

Banned
Haha, fret not! I could have cheated and used some of my clips and palmed them off as other people, but I decided to be honest about it.

I would have had tons of clips for other halo games, but Halo 5 I always forgot to hit records erxcept in times where I just wanted to see if it worked.

Excited for the endresult, again thank you for doing such an awesome project

Madness

Doing great work here Sik, can't wait to see what you come up with.

I would have had tons of clips for other halo games, but Halo 5 I always forgot to hit records erxcept in times where I just wanted to see if it worked.

Excited for the endresult, again thank you for doing such an awesome project

No worries, I've made it work for you. :) And you guys all like Taylor Swift right? And Linken Park is a given, obviously. ;)

Doing great work here Sik, can't wait to see what you come up with.

:D

Is it too late to send you clips or?

I may have forgot to send in a clip.

Please just take a snipedown clip and put my name on it Sik.

Thank you.

Damn, I had a few good clips worth sending and forgot. Oh well.

Yeah, I forgot too :/

Send them to me NOOOOOOOWWWWWW. I'll see what I can do, but make no promises! :)

But that's it! No more!

So this has probably already been suggested, but with legendary weapons like the Prophet's Bane....We're totally going to see a 3SK magnum as a power weapon in one of the maps right? :p

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

You sure you haven't been just transferred into the Matrix and gained one of those nasty plugs in your head?

-Ryn

Banned
Obligatory:

It was just the way he said it that was making me unsure how it related exactly to your above point.
I don't deserve to wear this Deerstalker :(

Make something bad and then you get to the heart.
Deep

just spent a while trying to protect a lone engineer on the first firefight in CE's second level.

i got you, little guy, i got you.
When I did my first Legendary run in CE (which was my first time playing CE) that level in particular took a while. I refused to let anybody die. They were my bros.

Haruko

I hope they work more on the voice. At the moment, it doesn't sound anything like Cortana/Jen Taylor. I'd buy a Windows Phone just to keep in the car as a GPS if it gave directions that sounded like Cortana and were phrased in a Halo style as well.

Last I heard, they were. They started with a mix of Jen and others, and were waiting to get Jen into the recording studio to get more in her voice

Fuchsdh

Last I heard, they were. They started with a mix of Jen and others, and were waiting to get Jen into the recording studio to get more in her voice

I believe at least originally Jen did a few lines, and gaps were filled in with synths or another person. I don't see why they wouldn't just bring her in for a long group of sessions and use her to reconstruct the entire voice, though—it's a really interesting process that's not really people just going through a dictionary.

Also, started doing LASO. This pain is legendary.

Haruko

Windows 10 briefing said:
"You will be able to stream any Xbox One game from the console to any Windows 10 PC or tablet in the home" later this year

HMCC PC confirmed. Kappa

Fable Legends will also be cross platform (they demo'd multiplayer between Xbone and PC). I expect more games to follow, but I don't expect it for Halo 5.

Booshka

How about instead of streaming it from your junky console, you just let me play it on my Windows PC that will actually be able to run it at 1080p 60 FPS?

All of these caveats to try and sell console hardware, let me buy your games and play them on a Windows PC, Microsoft.

RBK

Banned
How about instead of streaming it from your junky console, you just let me play it on my Windows PC that will actually be able to run it at 1080p 60 FPS?

All of these caveats to try and sell console hardware, let me buy your games and play them on a Windows PC, Microsoft.

Gotta be realistic with the expectations.

This Halo Article is pretty interesting, actually, looks like they fixed the link:
http://gamasutra.com/blogs/HardyLeBel/20150120/234625/Universal_Truth_Number_Three_pt3.php

Highlights so far:

Why Covenant weapons are colorful:
Remember that at the time there wasn't a lot of settled "lore" about the game story.

There were some notes about the bad guys and their guns, but the honest truth was that the aliens shot light-up bolts of energy because they looked a lot more visually impressive coming towards the player on screen. If the bad guys shot nearly invisible bullets and you couldn't see them coming at you, it would be a total drag every time you died.

Rise of the PP Overcharge:
In the Halo tools, every projectile had a “shield damage” value. Most were set so that they would damage shields at a rate that matched the damage that their bullets would do to the player's health bar. None of the projectiles were really aggressively balanced against shields. And you know how I feel about data balance in a matrix! I started to experiment with making Plasma Pistol bullets designed to specifically shred shields. It was a snap to make a projectile that blew them off quickly, but then it seemed overpowered to also make those bullets do good levels of “body” damage as well. Then it occurred to me: maybe the shield-shredding effect could be assigned to a different bullet. The one assigned to the secondary fire-mode for the gun – the overcharge.

Jason Jones didn't like powerups:
Jason Jones had (reluctantly) allowed me to include powerups in the multiplayer maps. I’d always loved the powerups in Quake, and how they factored in to the player awareness of the map and the timing of their respawns. (someday, if folks are curious, I’ll talk about the level designs for the Halo multiplayer maps)

Top Bottom