• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang, been gone a minute.

Haven't really kept up but I went to download ODST before it went away last night but my code...isn't there. Can't find it.

Is that like a thing or did I delete it and not remember it or what?

The codes were set to auto-delete today I think, but some error occurred in which the deadline happened yesterday instead of today.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Not sure if sarcastic or not? Lol.

Either way... ADS is fantastic. From a FPS perspective, it just makes sense to have in a game released in 2015.

"Get him!" Ads, the topic of the next several pages?

I'm fine with how halo 5 handles it --- which is quite different then virtually every other game.

I like the look/feel of ads, but I also like to have accurate hip fire and movement to not be restricted when scoped.

"Get him!" Ads, the topic of the next several pages?

I'm fine with how halo 5 handles it --- which is quite different then virtually every other game.

I like the look/feel of ads, but I also like to have accurate hip fire and movement to not be restricted when scoped.

Haha... I'm not the most popular person 'round these parts.

Yeah it's not traditional ADS for sure. It looks great in action, and if people still want to hip fire, that is obviously an option. Caters to both crowds.

Ads, the topic of the next several pages?

Pretty much this. More games should do it the way Halo 5 has introduced. I'd be pissed if Halo 5 was like Destiny, inaccurate hip fire would straight up kill the flow of the game.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Haha... I'm not the most popular person 'round these parts.

Yeah it's not traditional ADS for sure. It looks great in action, and if people still want to hip fire, that is obviously an option. Caters to both crowds.

Except if ADS grants any sort of bonus or additional benefit. It should be a matter of visual preference. Equality and all that.

Except if ADS grants any sort of bonus or additional benefit. It should be a matter of visual preference. Equality and all that.

Haven't they said that it doesn't matter either way? Ads and hip fire have the same amount of accuracy, it's just a matter of preference, and following fps trends, etc.

Impala26

Wow... just... what has happened here in the last 48 hours?

airplane-sniffing-glue.jpg

I don't mind ADS on weapons that don't traditionally have a zoom (Needler, Plasma Pistol, etc.) but I'd prefer traditional scopes on precision weapons.

m23

Haven't they said that it doesn't matter either way? Ads and hip fire have the same amount of accuracy, it's just a matter of preference, and following fps trends, etc.

Although they said they will change it, automatic weapons had better accuracy while in ads. I think there still will be a difference at release, but to a lesser extent.

singhr1

Although they said they will change it, automatic weapons had better accuracy while in ads. I think there still will be a difference at release, but to a lesser extent.

Not better accuracy, it was better precision. The automatics had less spread as you held the fire trigger longer. They had the same accuracy in and out of ADS IIRC.

The new generation of halo fans in a nutshell right there... ugh

Except I've been a Halo fan since Halo CE when I first was introduced to it in 2003. I've been along for the ride, through every title and I've enjoyed all of them for the most part...some more than others...but all in all, I just enjoy halo. *shrugs*

The big issue I have with the ADS in H5, it wasn't needed. Seems like 343i was like, "hmm what can we add for no reason?" Let's add some ADS! I don't believe the, it makes the game more accessible argument. CSGO didn't have to add ADS (well it's on the AUG and SG, but those guns suck so whatever). Yet, CSGO is the most popular and most played CS ever.

It's here to stay now, so there's really no sense in complaining about it and it's also not traditional ADS. However, I just found its addition to be needless.

TheXbox

Except they don't cause automatic weapons have tighter spread, sword has better lunge, etc. I don't think ADS is some apocalyptic shit, but let's not pretend it's purely cosmetic. It is not.

rrc1594

The big issue I have with the ADS in H5, it wasn't needed. Seems like 343i was like, "hmm what can we add for no reason?" Let's add some ADS! I don't believe the, it makes the game more accessible argument. CSGO didn't have to add ADS (well it's on the AUG and SG, but those guns suck so whatever). Yet, CSGO is the most popular and most played CS ever.

It's here to say now, so there's really no sense in complaining about it and it's also not traditional ADS. However, I just found its addition to be needless.

343 likes to rattle the community up

Welfare

ADS is not needed and the fact they tried writing it off as "weapons were designed with it mind" is bullshit. I don't need to zoom in UT to activate a Mouse 2 function, I shouldn't need to ADS to activate a secondary function on a weapon in Halo 5. It forces players to use a mechanic that is only in the game to grab "modern gamers"

2 quick notes:
  1. wesley is the new worst
  2. Halo 3 BR's should have been dual wieldable

Simmer down there Halo 3 Kid.

Calling someone a "kid" wow... im probably just as old as you. Or older who knows.

You should simmer down there CE "kid"...

Except I've been a Halo fan since Halo CE when I first was introduced to it in 2003. I've been along for the ride, through every title and I've enjoyed all of them for the most part...some more than others...but all in all, I just enjoy halo. *shrugs*

idontbelieveyou.gif

It was a joke. "Halo 3 kid" as in someone who was rooted in Halo 3.

Uhm i started with halo 1 and i like H1 MP too a bit. Halo 2 was great at its time, but Halo 3 is my golden Home.

And im still in the same boat as you guys who love and prefer the old trilogy games over the 343 stuff so far.

Uhm i started with halo 1 and i like H1 MP too a bit. Halo 2 was great at its time, but Halo 3 is my golden Home.

And im still in the same boat as you guys who love and prefer the old trilogy games over the 343 stuff so far.

You can get your kidneys replaced with Mark V figurines and "old" "halogaf" still isn't going to accept your ideals.

Calling someone a "kid" wow... im probably just as old as you. Or older who knows.

You should simmer down there CE "kid"...
2 quick notes:
  1. I called you a Kid, quite different from a "kid"
  2. In terms of gameplay, Halo 2 and Halo 3 did more harm than good to this franchise, in my opinion at least.

idontbelieveyou.gif

And I prefer the Halo 5 Beta to a majority of the trilogy.

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
ADS is quite literally the ONLY issue I have with Halo 5. I very much enjoyed the beta but could never shake the thought in my mind that it was a completely unnecessary change.

Let's be fair for a second here. While ADS is bad. Sprint did way more damage to Halo.
  • Dual wielding unnecessarily watered down the weapon sandbox
  • Extremely generous aim assist made shootouts stale and less skillful, especially if you weren't host
  • Long kill times
  • Necessity to teamshoot
  • Overpowered motion tracker
  • Armor Abilities off spawn
  • The Halo 3 BR.
  • Halo 3 in general
  • The list goes on..
Having a differing opinion is bad?
It is KNOWN that if you take things too seriously around here you make it less FUN.

• Dual wielding unnecessarily watered down the weapon sandbox
  • Extremely generous aim assist made shootouts stale and less skillful, especially if you weren't host
  • Long kill times
  • Necessity to teamshoot
  • Overpowered motion tracker
  • Armor Abilities off spawn
  • The Halo 3 BR.
  • Halo 3 in general
  • The list goes on..

It is KNOWN that if you take things too seriously around here you make it less FUN.

I see what you did there haha.

Let's be fair for a second here. While ADS is bad. Sprint did way more damage to Halo.
This. I can only tolerate sprint in Halo if it were just an AA. But even AAs itself posed a greater threat to the core. Like Armor Lock. I don't mind Armor Lock were it a one time use like saving yourself from being wrecked by a vehicle.

Oh man, I should reread that Karen Traviss trilogy.

I just love how they character assassinate Halsey.

last book wasn't totally amazing, and I'd rather just read all the new stuff this year
I recently reread it. The last book is serviceable. But I do need to get Hunters in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom