• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

And by Maine he means Denver Colorado.*

*Denver Colorado does not mean anything else. It just means comes to Denver Colorado. The end*

That's where you're wrong. By Denver, he does indeed mean New Mexico. Seriously. ANYWHERE IN THE STATE WOULD WORK. Make it happen 343.

zlatko

Banned
That's where you're wrong. By Denver, he does indeed mean New Mexico. Seriously. ANYWHERE IN THE STATE WOULD WORK. Make it happen 343.

NO SHENANIGANS TO THIS I SAY! How dare you try to side step my fancy pants * notation.

:p

Oh random question: What's the tag line for Halo 4?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
At a quick glance, and as someone who knows and cares very little for forge, these forge maps all seem pretty bad for forging. Everything is already prebuilt and and it's all too cramped, there's no good big flat areas for people to really make their own big stuff using the actual map's terrain which will lead to all the original/good maps being made 100% out of lego blocks floating somewhere, just like Reach.

Thank you.
After spending countless hours in forge, I'm pretty salty over these areas.
Let's hope Halo 5 has a full on map creator/terrain editor.

Shadders

Multi-billion dollar transnational companies developing marketing campaigns based solely on avoiding me.

Yup, that sounds about right.

I only discovered Facebook and Pepsi yesterday too.

Step 1) Get Ferry to Liverpool.

Step 2) Get picked up by me and driven to Manchester

Step 3) Play Halo 4.

Step 4) ?????

Step 5) Profit.

Said no one. Ever.

Foundry was badass. Focused forgers into a small battlefield that led to a lot of great 4v4 games. Forge World, on the other hand, gave a lot of framerate issues that ultimately sucked the life out of many forge creations.

Every single forge map ever made was ugly or bland.

Yeah, from a gameplay perspective Foundry, Sandbox and Forge World are brilliant.

But the visuals are so goddamn stale, I don't care about the maps at all.

I wish all the Forge canvas maps would die a horrible death and 343i would pump the additional resources into making more regular, non-bland multiplayer maps.

BigShow36

Missed this earlier, but I feel compelled to answer this.

He might sometimes have a well reasoned, constructive post; however, that only really tends to come out AFTER people jump down his throat about the bullshit he posts.

Here's the way I see it and I'm reposting this from Facebook. He could post little nuggets of gold every fucking day, but if it's covered in a pile of shit, I'd never know it, because I wouldn't bother to dig for it, let alone even know it's there in the first place.

Ignore allows me to avoid the piles of shit.

I understand people hold this same sentiment to me from time to time (even if I'm just trying to have some fun), but that's how I feel.

Not that you'll see this (lol, ignore), but 99% of what's posted on here is puerile, worthless, or drastic hyperbole. Also, most of its repetition by the same users, over and over. The only reason you get riled up about mine is because its negative against the developer and questionable design choices. Most of what I post is sarcasm laced with some jabs, but I don't think I've posted anything that is factually incorrect when we get down to it (correct me if I'm wrong). Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't make it "a pile of shit."

You ignoring me is even more amusing. Personally, I come to internet forums for lively discussions that force people to think about their positions; that means people disagreeing with each other. I don't see the fun of a circle-jerk where everyone pretends everything is amazing and blocks anyone who thinks differently, but that's your prerogative.

Raide

Every single forge map ever made was ugly or bland.

Yeah, from a gameplay perspective Foundry, Sandbox and Forge World are brilliant.

But the visuals are so goddamn stale, I don't care about the maps at all.

I wish all the Forge canvas maps would die a horrible death and 343i would pump the additional resources into making more regular, non-bland multiplayer maps.

Or do both. Make those amazing MP maps and give Forge people tools that are good and not glorified Lego sets without the colour.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Still waiting for the Halo 4 Detroit exhibit, I promise no one will get stabbed.

Sexually?

What if we ask nicely. ;)

Seeing that forge map makes me want Waterworks (with breakable stalactites) brb still watching

I'm really, really, excited to see what comes, but I can see where Letters is coming from, some of these environments seem hard to work with.

I'm not a forger though, so I don't know what they see.

Not that you'll see this (lol, ignore), but 99% of what's posted on here is puerile, worthless, or drastic hyperbole. Also, most of its repetition by the same users, over and over. The only reason you get riled up about mine is because its negative against the developer and questionable design choices. Most of what I post is sarcasm laced with some jabs, but I don't think I've posted anything that is factually incorrect when we get down to it (correct me if I'm wrong). Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't make it "a pile of shit."

You ignoring me is even more amusing. Personally, I come to internet forums for lively discussions that force people to think about their positions; that means people disagreeing with each other. I don't see the fun of a circle-jerk where everyone pretends everything is amazing and blocks anyone who thinks differently, but that's your prerogative.

People normally come to forums to discuss something they're interested in. If you're going to come here to practice sarcastic downer wit, then great. But you're going to get called out for it. Most people are here because they are excited for a game and want to discuss its intricacies with one another.

zlatko

Banned
I second this notion

I believe it's "An Ancient Evil Awakens"

Ah yeah that was it. Sort of a shitty one compared to the last 3 games imo. Finish the Fight, Prepare to Drop, Remember Reach. All 3 of those tell me to do something. Hell even "Wake up John" could be used to insinuate that I am to wake his ass up. :)

ZK9qK.jpg
We will be covering Halo 4 at NYCC over at our blog. http://fleshandfaith.com/2012/10/10/the-concrete-jungle/

BigShow36

People normally come to forums to discuss something they're interested in. If you're going to come here to practice sarcastic downer wit, then great. But you're going to get called out for it. Most people are here because they are excited for a game and want to discuss its intricacies with each other.

I would say that I've been pretty successful getting people to think and talk about the intricacies. I consider it more interesting and intellectually stimulating to get an in-depth conversation about teamwork or kill times going than to say, "That looks awesome, I'm excited about loadouts. Lol, me too."

If I'm saying something false, just let me know. Until then, I don't get "called out," I get people "whining because they disagree" and don't want to hear anything negative. I'm more than willing to defend my positions, which is more than I can say for most of the people "calling me out."

Beckx

Ah yeah that was it. Sort of a shitty one compared to the last 3 games imo. Finish the Fight, Prepare to Drop, Remember Reach. All 3 of those tell me to do something. Hell even "Wake up John" could be used to insinuate that I am to wake his ass up. :)

Elzar shot down my idea for a Nordic take on Halo 4 before I could even pitch it to 343.

I wanted to Finnish the Fight. :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'm really, really, excited to see what comes, but I can see where Letters is coming from, some of these environments seem hard to work with.

I'm not a forger though, so I don't know what they see.

Ghaleon and Letters are both right - there's a big gaping hole in Halo 4's Forge offerings. There's no big, open, empty, flat area for Forging.

Forge has become a tool to build maps, from the ground up. But the actual spaces in Forge don't allow you to do that. Just look about the videos. You'll see all kinds of intricately designed hills, rocks and cliffs and structures and terrain. It looks nice and it' very well designed and crafted. Kudos to the artists and level designers. But it's shite to Forge on. Say you want to place two bases opposite each other. You'll find a big enough spot, but oh, wait, there's a river running down the centre, and an outcropping of rock that you can't delete. And the terrain near one of the base locations had a definite slope to it and half a hill that will force you to either raise your base building height to compensate or force you to sink pieces in the ground.

The actual Forge spaces aren't letting you express yourself. Forgers want a blank canvas and a nice set of tools and they are happy. Instead they are given a used canvas, a beautiful canvas sure, but one that already has a pretty well defined picture on it already. So you can only work on top of the existing work present on the canvas and no, you can't change anything on the canvas or alter it in any way. Just work on top of it.

343 and Certain Affinity may understand what 90% of Forge users want and with Halo 4 they are giving it to them. But that 10% are the hardcore guys. They don't want a helping hand. They don't need a template, and they aren't happy to paint by numbers. They want a blank canvas.

I would say that I've been pretty successful getting people to think and talk about the intricacies. I consider it more interesting and intellectually stimulating to get an in-depth conversation about teamwork or kill times going than to say, "That looks awesome, I'm excited about loadouts. Lol, me too."

If I'm saying something false, just let me know. Until then, I don't get "called out," I get people "whining because they disagree" and don't want to hear anything negative. I'm more than willing to defend my positions, which is more than I can say for most of the people "calling me out."

I think you contribute very well to the discussion, I'm not denying that. But a straight up positive comment without explanation should always be welcome just for what it is. A negative comment for the sake of being negative does nothing but put a damper on the fun of a forum. That's all I'm saying there. A sarcastic comment may be a "smart" spin on a negative criticism, but it makes it that much more convoluted and frustrating to respond to, in my opinion.

Raide

Ghaleon and Letters are both right - there's a big gaping hole in Halo 4's Forge offerings. There's no big, open, empty, flat area for Forging.

Forge has become a tool to build maps, from the ground up. But the actual spaces in Forge don't allow you to do that. Just look about the videos. You'll see all kinds of intricately designed hills, rocks and cliffs and structures and terrain. It looks nice and it' very well design and crafted. Kudos to the artists and level designers. But it's shite to Forge on. Say you want to play two bases opposite each other. You find a big enough spot, but oh, wait, there's a river running down the centre, and an outcropping of rock that you can't delete. And the terrain near one of the base locations had a definite slope to it. and half a hill that will force you to either raise your base building heigh to compensate or force you to sink pieces in the ground.

The actual Forge spaces aren't letting you express yourself. Forgers want a blank canvas and a nice set of tools and they are happy. Instead they are given a used canvas, a beautiful canvas sure, but one that already has a pretty well defined picture on it already. So you can only work on top of the existing work present on the canvas and no, you can't change anything on the canvas or alter it in any way. Just work on top of it.

343 and Certain Affinity may understand what 90% of Forge users want and with Halo 4 they are giving it to them. But that 10% are the hardcore guys. They don't want a helping hand. They don't need a template, and they aren't happy to paint by numbers. They want a blank canvas.

Heartily agree.

In the end, it is the Hardcore Forgers that will make all the best maps. The average Halo fan may not even touch Forge, let alone make any maps for it. Just give that Hardcore Forge Community what they want and let them make awesome maps for you!

I got your back ForgeBro.

Enfinit

You'd think we'd hear about theater mode sometime in the near future. We haven't heard a peep about it at all.

Other than the fact that it exists, which I believe was confirmed via a third party (if I'm not mistaken).

My theory on the no-talk about Theater mode is that 343i either have some major, exciting changes to it, or it's completely lackluster. Hopefully it's the former.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Other than the fact that it exists, which I believe was confirmed via a third party (if I'm not mistaken).

My theory on the no-talk about Theater mode is that 343i either have some major, exciting changes to it, or it's completely lackluster. Hopefully it's the former.

No multiplayer Theatre mode in Campaign or War Games, limited to Spartan Ops, single player mode only.

Enfinit

Terryfing, but nothing confirmed yet. There's however a legit copy out there so things will probably get serious the incoming days.

Saw a couple Halo 4 "torrents" on Isohunt and Demonoid earlier, and I saw an ad for a YouTube video (in the related videos) that claimed it was campaign gameplay from a torrent, however I had no intentions on seeing if they were true.

True or not, the chances of there being a legitimate Halo 4 torrent out there are more likely than not, and only increasing with time.

No multiplayer Theatre mode in Campaign or War Games, limited to Spartan Ops, single player mode only.
Wait, was this confirmed, or only your theory (or are you joking)?

Amazing Mic

Neo Member

When you put some extra substance into your posts, they are typically some of my favorite reads.

My complaint with most posts from some members is everything is the most toxic, putrid garbage on the planet. After a while it all looks the same Forge World gray and I get nothing from it.

CyReN

Saw a couple Halo 4 "torrents" on Isohunt and Demonoid earlier, and I saw an ad for a YouTube video (in the related videos) that claimed it was campaign gameplay from a torrent, however I had no intentions on seeing if they were true.

True or not, the chances of there being a legitimate Halo 4 torrent out there are more likely than not, and only increasing with time.

Demonoid been down for a few months;)

Seeming as nothing significant has got leaked yet. I will temporarily return.

Also in a pretty awkward lobby right now, with Barlow and Over.

LMAO.

Top Bottom