• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Btw, based on the palette of Impact, I think it will be much more amateur friendly because of all the tunnel pieces. They will equate to the bridges and inclines of Forgeworld and just linking them together.

Not looking forward to the multitude of "Look at my awesome tunnel map!!!" :|

EDIT: Top of 50 ppp page. :)

is5qz2zIGHTpi.gif

What more would you like to see?

I'm not totally sure. I was just expecting to be blown away by Forge in Halo 4, but I guess I just set my expectations too high :lol

I like idea of having large natural pieces to work with. Such as huge hills, trees, rocks, etc. Hills would be especially awesome because we could use them to form our own terrain.

FyreWulff

Btw, based on the palette of Impact, I think it will be much more amateur friendly because of all the tunnel pieces. They will equate to the bridges and inclines of Forgeworld and just linking them together.

Not looking forward to the multitude of "Look at my awesome tunnel map!!!" :|

You're posting in a thread that made maps that were a long straight hallway for CTF.

They're catering to the Hallway fans here with those pieces.

Bravo
Dax
Domino Theory
Hypertrooper
Louis Wu
mastrbiggy
ncsuDuncan
Tashi
Tawpgun

Pretty good HaloGAF crowd for NYCC. Anyone else going?

FyreWulff

Its a possibility now that the .maps are on the hard drive.

It's always been possible. It just would have absolutely trashed compatibility :p

I would also hope that Halo 4 was compiled with the newer XDK that allows >4MB patches and lets the patch install itself permanently. Reach was not. It'll lose the TU after you put in a few games.

It's always been possible. It just would have absolutely trashed compatibility :p

I would also hope that Halo 4 was compiled with the newer XDK that allows >4MB patches and lets the patch install itself permanently. Reach was not. It'll lose the TU after you put in a few games.

That XDK is OLD at this point it must be a standard by now... Right?

FyreWulff

That XDK is OLD at this point it must be a standard by now... Right?

I honestly thought Reach would be the first game to use it. Not Rock Band 3. But you would hope everyone's up on it by now.. because those benefits are pretty damn good.

I still like how they stress tested it by making the Gears 3 Beta a 700MB TU to the Beta launcher :lol

Computron

BLOOD SPLATTERS ON FORGE PIECES CONFIRMED! :D
I know, right?

I don't know why you guys complain about not being able to paint your forge pieces different colors.
You could do it all along!

i12utW5dWycWX.gif

All you needed was a killball and invincibility. (Killball not shown because the camera is inside of it)

If you're playing as a dino, you can even 'tint' with bluish purples!
That's like 2 of the primary colors, right?
Just mix those two together to get most of the other colors!

(Actually blood probably mixes similar to CMYK, but whatever...)

The only problem is the map might get a little slippery and rank...

I know. The new patch system and having the maps on the HD will make things easier for big updates and overhauls. I hope that Halo 4 makes people upgrade their hard drives.

I honestly thought Reach would be the first game to use it. Not Rock Band 3. But you would hope everyone's up on it by now.. because those benefits are pretty damn good.

I still like how they stress tested it by making the Gears 3 Beta a 700MB TU to the Beta launcher :lol

Pretty neat really stopped those with Bulletstorm data mining gears 3 code for a while.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
3 of these seats cost me close to $500, it sucks, but YOLO, amirite?

Spent $400 on bucks on Pens/Wings Stanley Cup final seats in Detroit- as a Pens fan. Pittsburgh lost 4-0, heckled maliciously, watched another Pittsburgher get choked out walking out of the arena for the hat he was wearing..... would probably do it again if I had the chance.

I'm working on it. Not planning to make avatars, though I'll be happy to link to some if someone cranks some out.

I won't be melting faces in terms of content, though I'm going to try and make the presentation a bit better than before; the OP will be just one post to conform to the new OT rules and in the interest of reading economy. (Each OP I try to learn something new when it comes to image editing.)

m0dus, on the other hand....

That's the best kind of OT, looking forward to seeing your work.

I'm deliberately taking a 'less is more'-approach with the AC3 thread. Hardly anyone bothers reading it anyway.

Zeal

Banned
If the disc really did leak, then its unfortunately only a matter of time before one of the pirate release groups get their hands on it and upload it to torrents, Usenet and the various file hosting sites...

Gonna go into blackout mode until release. It's been real guys, but I'm not having the biggest game of the year spoiled this time. See you all in november!

Ramirez

Spent $400 on bucks on Pens/Wings Stanley Cup final seats in Detroit- as a Pens fan. Pittsburgh lost 4-0, heckled maliciously, watched another Pittsburgher get choked out walking out of the arena for the hat he was wearing..... would probably do it again if I had the chance.

lol@getting choked.

Someone better make some avatars for him to put into the OT, avatars are the best part of OTs.

Top Bottom