• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Vire

Who are all these people?

This thread has gone down the shitter...

Nothing but bitching and moaning. NO FUN ALLOWED.

I think it was because the game was running two engines side by side at the same time.

They tried to get in for Halo 2, didn't work out. It was almost pushed out to being a feature added via TU for Halo 3.

And yeah, it was a miracle they got CEA campaign online. That engine was not set up to have deterministic AI at all in the first place, and massive desyncs occur sometimes (ie, the simulations split and you're both off playing your own game, essentially).

I was going to answer but Fyrewulff did a better job than I could.

Some people were actually able to get "online" coop working in halo 2 through mods via systemlink with XBC/XLink.

Who are all these people?

This thread has gone down the shitter...
Things are crazy; we have juniors running around all over the place. I knew you wouldn't go dark until release.

I did notice a lot of new names in here lately, we get another wave?

Half-way to OT11. We're going to hit it before launch. That's insane.
Past .. year has seen interesting growth in the HaloGAF threads.
I had a response, but Chrome shat itself and lost it.

Quick tl;dr: They built CEA on the CE engine without major changes (CE engine was built 10 years ago without online play in mind... because it was non-existent). The reason for this was because rewriting the engine would take up incredible resources (Keeping in mind they were working on Halo 4 at the same time and CEA was a side project).
That wasn't what I was asking about. I wanted to know how you know that was the cause of latency issues playing it coop.

I don't see why we're getting worked up over it, yes there are certain features we don't have any more, however I never seemed to use them anyways, the skill based ranking system to me had very little use in Halo 3, there was no point to it, as people were either constantly de-ranking themselves or starting a new account just to play against lower people, so there was really no point to it. As for less gametypes, those can be introduced after launch stop overreacting. And as for customs, meh people will always find a way to be creative with what they have, just accept it and move on man.
So be happy with what you get and never complain/think for yourself?

I was going to answer but Fyrewulff did a better job than I could.

Some people were actually able to get "online" coop working in halo 2 through mods via systemlink with XBC/XLink.

Things are crazy; we have juniors running around all over the place. I knew you wouldn't go dark until release.

I might be a Junior but I've been here since the Halo 3 era 07'.

Rtas

So you're saying it's okay we don't have a these features at launch because you didn't use them anyway and they may get patched into the game eventually? So the guy who's favorite gametype was assault should just move on now that he can't play it anymore in 4? (Maybe through the Griffball configurations but we still have to see if that'll play out the same)
Or the people who'd like to play classic CTF but now can't because the custom options aren't there? They may be minor to you but some people really care about these features. They don't hurt you in anyway.

Hey man I rather enjoyed assault, and griffball, what I'm saying is, people need to get over it, I'm over it already, its not a massive change, everyone learns to love new gametypes, hell we didn't even have grifball until halo 3, I don't see why people need to get angry over every MINOR detail, it honestly makes no sense to me at all.

I also might be a junior, but I've been here 3 years man, just haven't accumulated a large amount of posts.

Hey man I rather enjoyed assault, and griffball, what I'm saying is, people need to get over it, I'm over it already, its not a massive change, everyone learns to love new gametypes, hell we didn't even have grifball until halo 3, I don't see why people need to get angry over every MINOR detail, it honestly makes no sense to me at all.

Comma splices.

Comma splices everywhere.

So be happy with what you get and never complain/think for yourself?

You looked for their reasons for adding white text and CTF stuff but when the video came out it was painful to watch. So now what do you want? More answers? When do you respect their choices and decisions? When the answers please you?

Turns out that there is an music spoiler out there;
a bonus song
from the game. Be careful.
It is just a song that plays during the credits but is not from the OST

You looked for their reasons for adding white text and CTF stuff but when the video came out it was painful to watch. So now what do you want? More answers? When do you respect their choices and decisions? When the answers please you?
Wrong. I looked for the reason for it not being optional. It was obvious why they did it (and Frankie has explained that many times here too).

And your quote is odd, I was responding to Rtas talking about people complaining about Assault being removed, which is new information.

MinkTANK

Banned
New Juniors? Time for the quelling of this wave. The ones that survive the coming challenges can stay.

CBB42.jpg

Rtas

Turns out that there is an music spoiler out there;
a bonus song
from the game. Be careful. It is from the
credits

I've had to blacklist several members of a gaming website I moderate, two posted streams to the leaked campaign and were posting uncovered spoilers about the campaign. Can you even imagine how difficult it is to moderate with a blindfold on???

Makes me wish there was a public beta. A lot of fears would be alleviated and a lot of "issues" would have been tossed aside as not that big of a deal.

Or people could learn to, you know, not take things so seriously. It already looks ten times as much fun as Reach.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I can't wait for release day, when everyone is sucking that halo D.

Then for 3 days later when there's a split between love/hate of the MP.

Then the following 2 years of bitching.

bGanci

Banned
I have a question.. Just because there is no visible 1-50 why does that have to mean there is no ranking system. Is it just a desire for a visible ranking system? Because as far as I know there could be a perfectly working system and all this criticism isn't necessary. Am I wrong and have missed some announcement about the ranking system? I'm pretty sure they haven't talked about it.

Lead us to salvation, Barlow.
I'll have to run customs with them like I did with the zoojoos wave.

I've had to blacklist several members of a gaming website I moderate, two posted streams to the leaked campaign and were posting uncovered spoilers about the campaign. Can you even imagine how difficult it is to moderate with a blindfold on???
Sorry bud! Good luck!

Not ready enough. Back of the line.

Omni

That wasn't what I was asking about. I wanted to know how you know that was the cause of latency issues playing it coop.

Umm.. I'm not sure how to answer this in a way that will satisfy you. I guess my somewhat limited knowledge of network models and what 343i were saying about CEA around release?

Flipyap

Has anyone solved, what we need to type in the Forerunner console?
(...)
Maybe the "C" isn't the first letter?
The puzzle piece has a some nubs and notches on the left side, so that seems most likely.

Something to do with reclaimer, reclaiming or other reclamations would be a good thing to try. If a bit on the obvious side.

Yea really feeling for the waypoint mods, and just halo website mods in general. must really suck for those who care about story.

abadguy

Banned
what the hell is going on in the mp vidoc thread in the gaming section? killzone and uncharted fanboys already brought the screenshts/gifs?
black ops 2 is more of a halo game than halo 4....oh boy.

I left the thread shortly after the "black ops" comment ,sounds like its become a real clusterfuck.

I knew you wouldn't go dark until release.

Again, no one who actually says they're going dark, goes dark. Blue Ninja is back, Vire is back, TCKaos is back, in less then 72 hours. If you're so dedicated to a game and a thread that you have to remind people that you're leaving...you aint leaving.

Umm.. I'm not sure how to answer this in a way that will satisfy you. I guess my somewhat limited knowledge of network models and what 343i were saying about CEA around release?
That's cool. I just wanted to know if it was a hypothesis or a 343I employee had explained that as it sounds like an interesting read.

Hypothesises are cool too :)

Vire

Again, no one who actually says they're going dark, goes dark. Blue Ninja is back, Vire is back, TCKaos is back, in less then 72 hours. If you're so dedicated to a game and a thread that you have to remind people that you're leaving...you aint leaving.

Seems like the spoiler talk has died down and now it's just back to bitching and moaning.

Great isn't it?

heckfu

Banned
New juniors huh?

Time for the HaloGAF illuminati to take care of this...whoever you are...

IM JOKING LIGHTEN UP WELCOME TO THIS SHIT HOLE OF A DISCUSSION WHERE YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG (and kylej is always a cutie!)

TCKaos

Has anyone solved, what we need to type in the Forerunner console?

I tried:

Composer
Cryptum
Cortana
Chief
Crawler
Cartograph
Chakas
Chieftain

Anything else with C, that was introduced maybe in The Thursday War or which you can think of?

Maybe the "C" isn't the first letter?

Edit: Will edit the post, with words I have tried.

Edit 2: On the right, it shows 10 available spots, maybe the word is 10 letters long?

Try Cortana's serial number if you can. CTN 0452-9.

I'm really disappointed that 343 has decided not to include a multi-team playlist. This was easily my most played playlist in reach at least when it was a 6x2 playlist. Not the 4x3 they did at the end. So much fun playing with my girl or my buddy taking out other teams.

What was the point of leaving it out? I haven't gone through the whole thread but come to think of it there are a lot of stuff being left out unless they plan to add them later.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
My only real concern for this game is netcode, hit detection and weapon balance. Seeings how i haven't played the game i cant form an opinion on the aforementioned things. The opinions i can form from watching videos are mostly positive. Looks great, sounds great, the BR is back and there's a bunch of new weapons. Inevitably when i chose to bitch about the game, it will be when i have sunk a few hours into it and have legitimate gameplay gripes. I will not rage at menus or lack there of. Its of no consequence to me.

I'm really disappointed that 343 has decided not to include a multi-team playlist. This was easily my most played playlist in reach at least when it was a 6x2 playlist. Not the 4x3 they did at the end. So much fun playing with my girl or my buddy taking out other teams.

What was the point of leaving it out? I haven't gone through the whole thread but come to think of it there are a lot of stuff being left out unless they plan to add them later.

I don't think multi-team was at launch for Reach, or Halo 3, but I'm not entirely sure. They'll probably put it in later.

bGanci

Banned

Just because it wasn't "launched" on the disk doesn't mean they are not planning to have this day 1

Fotos

all i want is SWAT, Snipers, and Multi Team
Actually if infinity slayer is good i might not even play SWAT or Snipers. In Halo 3 I rarely play either of these. But in Reach I play them all the time because the core Team Slayer gameplay is such trash.

Top Bottom