• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Question: how and why do some people get those little blurbs under their name instead of just "member"? I don't believe I've ever seen it explained.

I'm trying to figure out if I should be sticking with my LE preorder, or switching it to vanilla edition. I don't care about most of the extras, beyond maybe saving $5 on the map packs when all is said and done?

Does the specialization unlock at the beginning really help? I'm not entirely clear on that.

Dug

Banned
Question: how and why do some people get those little blurbs under their name instead of just "member"? I don't believe I've ever seen it explained.
You usually get them for doing something stupid...or get one for posting in a tag fishing thread like I did.

Woorloog

Banned
Given by a mod.

Tags are given by admins actually, mods can only change their own tag.
You usually get them for doing something stupid...or get one for posting in a tag fishing thread like I did.

Doesn't have to be stupid, i think. Consider Ghaleon's tag, i doubt it came from stupidity.

I like your avatar

Thank you.
I was originally going to modify it a bit but i think i won't do that. Add EMP medal star or something like my previous avatars had.

Too bad "random" avatar isn't possible, have so many ideas.

Beckx

Wahoo!

20121004-200710.jpg

This will be the last OT before Halo 4. In less than a month there'll probably be triple the people posting in the Halo 4 OT. We're gonna go through a thread a week.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
This will be the last OT before Halo 4. In less than a month there'll probably be triple the people posting in the Halo 4 OT. We're gonna go through a thread a week.

Nah we'll hit 11 before Halo 4 OT is posted. Especially with FUD and NYCC coming up. These map reveals and the Halo 4 launch commercial as well.

And if you didn't know, when you emerge from the tunnels and kill the first little group of Jackals, the Brute and grunts in front of the collapsed piece of the space elevator, drive under it towards to cliff and look out. The Marines will talk about it and explain it over the coms.

So basically drive straight from the tunnels until you go under the broken piece of the elevator and to the cliff.

Others have answered it but they're part of the magnetic/structural apparatus that drives the "elevators" up the cables. Depending on how one of these things was damaged, the tether would be either mostly yanked into orbit, or slammed into the ground, but either way you're getting a lot of damage and debris on the ground.

One sleep until this becomes an importqant part of the universe fiction again...

Cool, I'll try that poison. I'm always surprised at the things I've missed in Halo 3's campaign. That Brute duel I only know about from Overdoziz a few months back. Now looking forward to trying it myself.

@Ghaleon Interesting how these parts of the narrative interconnect and span the games. I'm guilty of being ignorant of Halo's stories by and large even though I've completed them all at least twice and have sunk tens of thousands of games into their multiplayer. I'd never even heard of the concept of a 'space elevator' before; it's extremely cool. They should set a level on one.

@Frank Perfect time to be educated then!

Thoughts on the Ragnorak video:

- Is it me or does the Banshee look extremely fast when boosting straight ahead? More so than before.

- Loving the Mantis boarding animation.

- Not loving the puked up marshlands aesthetic

- Really hope the Binary Rifle doesn't turn out to be a ridiculous weapon in practice. Seems like it would feel cheap to be killed by.

Probably too small for decent 8v8. Looks OK for 4v4 now we have sprint and reliable long range hitscan weaponry. The concerns about being pinged from the hill should be tempered by the fact you can return fire now without being knocked out of scope. Plus hardlight shield, camo, regens etc on demand would seem to make perfect accoutrements for a phased journey from the base. We'll see.

Also, does Halo 4 have a Lockout or Guardian (or Cage lol) type map, suspended in mid air? I know it would be scaled bigger but they feel like a Halo staple now; a central multi floored structure with walkways connecting to smaller strongholds.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Finally saw the meltdown and ragnarok videos.

Meltdown looks like it's going to be great for close quarters, I don't know about vehicles.

I kind of think vehicle/infantry combat is gonna be like rat's nest on that map. Should be interesting.

Rag looks fine, but it's "dull" as many people already pointed out. Probably the least impressive of what we've seen so far.

I'm still really worried about precision weapons on that map.

But you don't have one.

I DONT?!?!??!

Gray Man

Banned
I think this map will have one of the new forerunner vehicles.

I have hope for the Forerunner Chopper still.

Do we know if we are even getting any Forerunner vehicles?

Swarmerr

Anyone else really like what 343 has done with the forerunner design of buildings and such? To me it just looks cleaner and more alien idk.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Mantis only on Ragnarok?
I really doubt it. I expect to see it on all the bigger maps.

Edit : I really want to play some Halo tonight. Either Reach or 3 works for me. I'll be on in an hour or so!

IHaveIce

Banned
Actually this looks like Infinity, and Ice Fields together as one.

Anyone else see the amazing potential for Race Maps here? HALO KART!

Wow you are right.

I really like Meltdown, but I'm also kind of confused why we have so many bigger maps.

Hoping for a Covenant map and I don't think we will get any new vehicle surprise

DeadNames

Banned
Hey ladies! My name is DeadNames! I enjoy long walks on the beach, listening to music, and stalking your profile picture! I have a 50 in Halo 3!

It's okay, don't run!

I'll just chase right after you.

Do I get my tag now?

I really doubt it. I expect to see it on all the bigger maps.

Edit : I really want to play some Halo tonight. Either Reach or 3 works for me. I'll be on in an hour or so!

I think it would work better on Meltdown. Valhalla is just too open for it.

Top Bottom