• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Cuyxt.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why can't they make Double XP broccoli or something. :-(

Maybe I can convince my housemates to start buying Mountain Dew...

Guess I'll watch while eating breakfast. :lol

Tawpgun

Brocolli is for scrubs. Spartans were trained on Doritos and Mt. Dew.

Swarmerr

It's fine on its own, in the context of the other changes it bothers me. It's funny that you think it feels more alien, because to me it seems less so--more gunmetal than inscrutable crystal, etc. But like I said, it looks fine on its own and if Forge World uses it as a palette should cause less issues.

Yeah I cannot really explain why I like it more than previous designs. The narrows pic to me looks like a structure carved out of rock by an old civilization not one made by technically advanced beings. Then again the structure is super old so it would make sense to look old. Canon speaking however the new look fits because requiem seems to be an "active" forerunner structure.

New thread, mostly caught up in the old one also. So much awesome in the past 2 days it seems.

Well, Im staying awake for that. =D

Wait. PT. Ok Ill wake up for that. :lol

Its weird, the trailer for FUD has turned me off from it completely, but Im still excited and really want it to be good.

BTW, someone needs to make a FUD OT, possibly now-ish since its kinda a 'TV 'series.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The first two titles are picked. But the next Halo thread title? The one right before Halo 4 releases?

Forward Unto Dong

Because why would it be anything else, that's why.

With FUD starting tomorrow, Forward Unto Dong is perfect. I would PM a mod. It's too good to pass up lol

Nilla when you installed the map pack disc what version of Halo 2 does it say you are running? Check the bottom right corner on the press start screen. Is it 1.1 or 1.5?

zap

Still watching the Meltdown video (Uni internet is being terrible), but wow that Ghost looks... bouncy. Just seems to ounce up and down whenever it goes around a corner etc.

nillapuddin

Nilla when you installed the map pack disc what version of Halo 2 does it say you are running? Check the bottom right corner on the press start screen. Is it 1.1 or 1.5?

It had this screen
So I clicked update, and it did stuff, idk if this box had 1.5 already

I'm going to go play some hoops. Like Mike 2 style, sucka.

..yeah, unfortunately Im not going
Ive got a presentation in the morning

have fun playing basketball in the small country you live in
looks at flat basketball in corner, Im jelly :(

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Still watching the Meltdown video (Uni internet is being terrible), but wow that Ghost looks... bouncy. Just seems to ounce up and down whenever it goes around a corner etc.

I drove the ghost when I played, it felt heavy. Acceleration is longer now too. It was nice.

It had this screen

So I clicked update, and it did stuff, idk if this box had 1.5 already

I can't see the pic (probably school internet filter). I think 1.5 was the update that came with the Blastacular pack in 2007. You might be able to install the maps after all. If I recall correctly the disc should only update to 1.1 or 1.3. The 1.4 and 1.5 updates were on live.

Did it prompt you to update in H2 or from the map pack disc?

Tawpgun

343 has rescued BTB. This map looks fantastic! with Ragnar. and Exile in the rotation.. I'm set.

tumblr_m1ogryDHyR1ql141xo1_500.gif

I wouldn't call it saved yet.

Maybe I missed it, but we don't have confirmation that you can't start with a plasma pistol in your loadout.

You can call me out for not having played it, but being able to spawn with a weapon that can take out vehicles just doesn't seem like a good idea.

I wouldn't call it saved yet.

Maybe I missed it, but we don't have confirmation that you can't start with a plasma pistol in your loadout.

You can call me out for not having played it, but being able to spawn with a weapon that can take out vehicles just doesn't seem like a good idea.

The only issue I see is that it will be difficult to spawn trap with vehicles, which will predominately patrol the lower rings.

wwm0nkey

Just do what I am doing and buy 1 bag of Doritos, 1 box of Game Fuel and take a video of the backs of 13 other Doritos bags.

Might sounds like a dbag thing to do but there is absolutly no way I am about to buy that much junk food.

nillapuddin

I can't see the pic (probably school internet filter). I think 1.5 was the update that came with the Blastacular pack in 2007. You might be able to install the maps after all. If I recall correctly the disc should only update to 1.1 or 1.3. The 1.4 and 1.5 updates were on live.

Did it prompt you to update in H2 or from the map pack disc?

I used skydrive?
Cant believe that is blocked at a school

Anyways, idk if it "prompted" me, because I clicked on it first anyways

But I have 1.5 now and I last played Halo 2 on 4/15/10

I have a new slim, which wasnt released until 8/--/10...

...so it must have just updated me to 1.5

right?

Tawpgun

The only issue I see is that it will be difficult to spawn trap with vehicles, which will predominately patrol the lower rings.

That's hardly the only issue. Any enemy you come across has the power to stop you in your tracks. Any enemy that sees you has that power.

I just want you to imagine this. BTB. With plasma pistols everywhere.

Because all I'm imagining is riding in my warthog, and getting plasma pistoled and naded the moment we're near any enemies.

Woah, Meltdown looks huge. I wonder what the last map is. Hoping for a symmetrical 4v4 map.

Well we have right now:

Arena:
Haven
Adrift
Solace
Complex (I still think it looks too big)
Abandon

BTB:
Exile
Longbow
Meltdown
Ragnarok (which might be consider a slightly larger arena style map with sprint?)

I love goofing around in BTB with my friends that don't really play Halo, but I mostly play on arena style maps. I REALLY want a 4v4 map.

I used skydrive?
Cant believe that is blocked at a school

Anyways, idk if it "prompted" me, because I clicked on it first anyways

But I have 1.5 now and I last played Halo 2 on 4/15/10

I have a new slim, which wasnt released until 8/--/10...

...so it must have just updated me to 1.5

right?

Huh. Ok. Did you update from the map pack disc or from Halo 2's main menu?

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
I thin he's on the GameFuel only.

http://www.dewxp.com/#/Main/Products/MtnDew/TwelveMatches

He is on all Mt. Dew products, most likely starts either tomorrow with the launch of FUD or next week leading up to the point unlock on Oct. 15th

He is on all the boxes of cans. As far as the plastic bottles go he is only on Gamefuel.

Thank you for the correction, been at work for 15 hours now... eyes are starting to fail me... :(

PNut

Banned
I want levels with Buttons. That do significant things. Or something akin to a terminal train. Where did the fun go?

Why were these things removed? Too much bandwith/stress on the netcode?

Now this is a really good point. I loved sneaking into the base on Last Resort to lower the gates so people could drive straight in and splatter people huddled around the flag area. Same goes for Standoff and Highground. It added more strategy to objective games.

I'd like to know if this was even discussed in development and the reason it wasn't added to any maps.

Top Bottom