• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

nillapuddin

Wow! I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm still looking for a decent Halo 3 Legendary on ebay.

I bought one like 10 minutes after I asked you lol

got 2 day shipping with prime trial
feels good

I miss tombstone and desolation though :(

-------------------------------------------------

Is there anyway at all to get the Blastacular Map Pack anymore?

If there is, Id do it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey ladies! My name is DeadNames! I enjoy long walks on the beach, listening to music, and stalking your profile picture! I have a 50 in Halo 3!

It's okay, don't run!

I'll just chase right after you.

Do I get my tag now?

Post this in every thread.

Vire

Hey ladies! My name is DeadNames! I enjoy long walks on the beach, listening to music, and stalking your profile picture! I have a 50 in Halo 3!

It's okay, don't run!

I'll just chase right after you.

Do I get my tag now?

I think it would work better on Meltdown. Valhalla is just too open for it.

Don't beg for a tag, you may regret it.

JackHerer

Anyone else really like what 343 has done with the forerunner design of buildings and such? To me it just looks cleaner and more alien idk.

I really like it too. I was just admiring the look of the bases on Meltdown. The Forerunner architecture looks really great in the campaign as well.

Gray Man

Banned
While I am looking forward to the Mantis, the possibilities for a Forerunner vehicle just seem too good to pass up.

Can you imagine a similar building effect, like on thee guns when you enter it?

Woorloog

Banned
While I am looking forward to the Mantis, the possibilities for a Forerunner vehicle just seem too good to pass up.

Can you imagine a similar building effect, like on thee guns when you enter it?

A vehicle that assembles itself to a form suiting the pilot? And packs away when not used?
Hmm.

I bought one like 10 minutes after I asked you lol

got 2 day shipping with prime trial
feels good

I miss tombstone and desolation though :(

-------------------------------------------------

Is there anyway at all to get the Blastacular Map Pack anymore?

If there is, Id do it.

Oh I got mine from ebay. I don't think it has even shipped yet.

I think there is a way to add the .map files to your 360 but not the 1.5 update. That means that someone who has the update from live would have to launch the maps for you through lan or XBC. Fyrewullf would know for sure. (Not a .map joke haha)

Vire

Something I noticed in the Meltdown video:

feLA3.png

The bridge seems to flicker to a different color in the beginning. I wonder if it can be disabled.

A vehicle that assembles itself to a form suiting the pilot? And packs away when not used?
Hmm.

This would be amazing as a forerunner mongoose. Lets say the mongoose version of a banshee. You grab it and all of a sudden your flying really fast, the vehicle can form under you and take off. no weapons, but really fast air travel.

Fuck. Make it happen 343.

Swarmerr

Something I noticed in the Meltdown video:

The bridge seems to flicker to a different color in the beginning. I wonder if it can be disabled.

It could be it changes color when someone shoots at it, much like deployable cover in halo 3 or any covenant static based shielding.

Fuchsdh

Anyone else really like what 343 has done with the forerunner design of buildings and such? To me it just looks cleaner and more alien idk.

It's fine on its own, in the context of the other changes it bothers me. It's funny that you think it feels more alien, because to me it seems less so--more gunmetal than inscrutable crystal, etc. But like I said, it looks fine on its own and if Forge World uses it as a palette should cause less issues.

nillapuddin

I think there is a way to add the .map files to your 360 but not the 1.5 update. That means that someone who has the update from live would have to launch the maps for you through lan or XBC. Fyrewullf would know for sure. (Not a .map joke haha)

hmm.. can you extrapolate the maps via usb if they are on a 360?

I would be willing to buy a USB and send him on a cross country adventure if somebody could put them on there

Vire

It's fine on its own, in the context of the other changes it bothers me. It's funny that you think it feels more alien, because to me it seems less so--more gunmetal than inscrutable crystal, etc. But like I said, it looks fine on its own and if Forge World uses it as a palette should cause less issues.

This looks like indestructible crystal? Wat.

800px-Narrows_Header.jpg

The Forerunner base on Meltdown shimmers and has an almost translucent quality to it.

FyreWulff

Yeah I can't remember if people ever figured out the TU issue. You can have the maps, you just need someone else to select them as host for you since Halo 2 had to be patched each time to make new DLC maps selectable, and the map pack disc only came with the update that allowed you to select it's DLC.

I'm afraid to even look at my Halo 2 directory on my 360 for fear that the 360 will decide to corrupt it.

I would be willing to buy a USB and send him on a cross country adventure if somebody could put them on there

You'll have to use a third party program, I don't believe the 360 will allow you to copy OXbox content to flash drives. But it's possible if you already have the maps.

edit: You're gonna want to look for a directory that contains highplains2.map (Tombstone) and derelict.map (Desolation) . If you have highplains.map you have the old buggy Tombstone.

Yeah I can't remember if people ever figured out the TU issue. You can have the maps, you just need someone else to select them as host for you since Halo 2 had to be patched each time to make new DLC maps selectable, and the map pack disc only came with the update that allowed you to select it's DLC.

I'm afraid to even look at my Halo 2 directory on my 360 for fear that the 360 will decide to corrupt it.

You'll have to use a third party program, I don't believe the 360 will allow you to copy OXbox content to flash drives. But it's possible if you already have the maps.

Yeah I think you need one of those things that connects a harddrive to the pc.

Last Halo OT before the Halo 4 OT, or are you guys gonna spurt out OT 11 before release?

EDIT: and can I get a link to this Meltdown video?

Fuchsdh

This looks like indestructible crystal? Wat.

800px-Narrows_Header.jpg

The Forerunner base on Meltdown shimmers and has an almost translucent quality to it.

I'm referring mostly to the stuff we got in the Anniversary Map pack, which I think pushed the aesthetic to its logical (graphic) conclusions. Take a look at the corridors on High Noon, that's mostly what I'm referring to.

The Forerunners definitely have a lot of variety in their styles, though. They seemed more shiny in CE and then it got stepped back a bit.

Pop

I must say all the maps in H4 are looking amazing. Dem rocks are stunning. Only thing I wish we had were more smaller focused 4v4 symmetrical maps. But hey I'm looking Fourward to playing on all the maps.

Vire

I'm referring mostly to the stuff we got in the Anniversary Map pack, which I think pushed the aesthetic to its logical (graphic) conclusions. Take a look at the corridors on High Noon, that's mostly what I'm referring to.

The Forerunners definitely have a lot of variety in their styles, though. They seemed more shiny in CE and then it got stepped back a bit.

I tried to get a decent pic of the area I was talking about, but it's difficult since Kynan is moving all over the place:

UpEOr.png

But this base is very reflective.

Tawpgun

I want levels with Buttons. That do significant things. Or something akin to a terminal train. Where did the fun go?

Why were these things removed? Too much bandwith/stress on the netcode?

feel

Playing Reach and my active roster is empty. Yall must've deleted me because it can't be that noone is playing the previous Halo game one month before the release of the new one.

Louis Wu

Huh. Mystery solved, i guess, finally (didn't have guts to ask), but...
MS Blocked ODST announcement at E3? You mean Bungie Day?
No, E3 2008 was the week after Bungie day. (Here's the summary.)

Letters stoled my thunder. I posted the same in pg 401 of OT9. Oh well.
Okay, first, he said he liked it - suggesting he read it somewhere else. Second, he dropped the 's' in 'dongs' - his version's WAY better.
Edit: Beaten by Letters. :(

I would not be surprised if the first map pack was Covenant themed leaving none for launch. Wouldn't mind that.. I could get hyped to play some Covenant maps once people get familiar with the game and digest everything that's been experienced.

Wait, are the Halo 4 Doritos and Mountain Dew packages out now?

My blood sugar is not ready

Not yet I think. Haven't seen them in any stores.. Probably by next week they'll be everywhere.

Top Bottom