• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Man, I'm getting Reach-like team members :|

jb20fikUqUAKw9.png

In other news, the Halo 3 lovefest warms my heart so much.

Seriously? So grifball and flood are gonna be ranked too?

tumblr_mf03rgQRrM1qknrhgo1_250.gif
Maybe if there was a Grifball playlist amiright?

There was a ranked version of Grifball in once upon a time. A couple of friends of mine got to 40 in a single night of playing it.
I seriously hope not. I play Halo to relax and have fun but if it's going to be anything like Halo 3's ranked playlists then it's going not going to be fun at all... People took them far too seriously. I got sooooo many hate messages because I was a "shitty colonel".

Sure, I could ignore ranks as they'll be on Waypoint, but even then it's not an enjoyable experience when others are 'super serious'.

I hope they give us social playlists.
One of the advantages of doing the ranks on Waypoint is that you don't need a ranked and social split. Given the low number of playlists that they appear to want to keel matchmaking at, I don't think they plan on a distinct ranked and social playlist, just some might not show ranks on Waypoint.

Hmmm, yeah that's a pretty big maybe.

Just got back from graduation.

Get at me stupid people, I'm all educated and shit.

Congrats man! What was the subject you graduated in?

I seriously hope not. I play Halo to relax and have fun but if it's going to be anything like Halo 3's ranked playlists then it's going not going to be fun at all... People took them far too seriously. I got sooooo many hate messages because I was a "shitty colonel".

Sure, I could ignore ranks as they'll be on Waypoint, but even then it's not an enjoyable experience when others are 'super serious'.

Yeah totally agreed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Amen. Also, the existence of ranks alone encourages boosting. Ranks do more harm than good, I can see why the decision was made to leave them out upon release.

Pop

Amen. Also, the existence of ranks alone encourages boosting. Ranks do more harm than good, I can see why the decision was made to leave them out upon release.

Really? It's not like people couldn't just boost from day 1 anyways. -___-

Skill ranks is what kept he majority of players around, as numbers show that since the last two halo games. I hated Reach and sold it after a month but if it had ranked playlist I would have played it regularly until H4 was released and seeing as after too. Simple as that.

TheOddOne

I don’t know how they could differentiate between social and ranked because of the UI. With Halo 3 you could easily chose between the two sections. How are the possibly going to do it in Halo 4?

TheOddOne

They probably won't IMO. Some playlists just might not show ranks on Waypoint.

Can I haz an Extraction playlist yet 314?
Flashbacks of half implementation of Reach’s Title Update.

Thanks! Criminal Justice. My mother in law just gave me 200 dollars to put towards my off duty carry pistol as well.
Congrats man! I only have an intership (which I am still searching for) and one subject to pass and then I'll be free too.

TCKaos

h2eliteidletest.gif

Now, I know what you're thinking.

This is actually an Elite rigged/rendered in Halo CE. A small group of people from CMT are remaking Chiefs Halo 2 campaign (starting from Delta Halo) because they're tied up waiting for other people in CMT to finish their business with some of the missions and had some time to kill. There's a thread on Halomaps with screenshots of some of the various encounters to show that it's actually happening.

join in progress sucks ass. started a game of infinity slayer 2v4, and no one joined for 5 minutes, my teammate quit, then i quit 30 seconds later.

ugh

ElRenoRaven

h2eliteidletest.gif

Now, I know what you're thinking.

This is actually an Elite rigged/rendered in Halo CE. A small group of people from CMT are remaking Chiefs Halo 2 campaign (starting from Delta Halo) because they're tied up waiting for other people in CMT to finish their business with some of the missions and had some time to kill. There's a thread on Halomaps with screenshots of some of the various encounters to show that it's actually happening.

Cool. I'd love to see someone do it. Hell while at it recreate the Halo 3 campaign too. It still just pisses me off how MS treated the franchise on PC.

Anyone down to get Bros to the Close achievement? (Keep UNSC Marines alive on campaign mission 4.)

It's the only one beside a crimson achievement I have left.

I don’t know how they could differentiate between social and ranked because of the UI. With Halo 3 you could easily chose between the two sections. How are the possibly going to do it in Halo 4?

Easy! The War Games trees can operate in threes, so just do Ranked, Infinity, and Action Sack or a more militaristic term like "Rec Room."

Ranked (no JiP, all classic settings. May use remakes.)
Lone Wolves
Team Doubles
Team Slayer Pro
Team SWAT
Team Snipers?
Team Objective (CTF / Assault / One Flag and One Bomb alternate in third slot)
Team Regicide

Social (JiP, Infinity settings. May use community maps.)
Infinity Rumble Pit (Slayer / Oddball / Alternate Regicide and King of the Hill)
Multi Team (Slayer / Alternate Oddball or King of the Hill / Alternate Regicide, Flag, and Rocket Race)
Infinity Team Slayer
Infinity Objective (CTF / Oddball / King of the Hill)
Infinity Big Team (Slayer / CTF / Assault)
Infinity Big Team Tactical (Dominion / Extraction)

Rec Room (Limited to one playlist, switched to 2 temporarily on DLC releases, JiP enabled. Offers Double EXP and rotated weekly.)
Grifball
Flood
Team Snipers?
Race

There, 13-14 playlists with significant variety and low player base fragmentation. They'll just do this, right?

...riiiight?

i miss double xp weekend :(

nah, i mean good double xp weekend with fiesta/grifball/zombies. not just play slayer and get double xp.

I suppose.. but SR 130 isn't going to take long. Then whats the point? It's odd they made a system you can cap out at very quickly as well as maxing out at all.

TheOddOne

A waypoint feature is quite different than gameplay fragmentation.
It was more an observation on fragmentation of features. Let’s say the feature is locked to a specific playlists, but the majority of the other playlists stay vanilla, then will the majority hinder the feature that has been added to specific lists? In this case either go big or don’t try it at all. It’s all speculative of course, but I hate to see it just become some throw away feature and because of that become niche and eventually 343 doesn’t even try to update or refine it.

It was more an observation on fragmentation of features. Let’s say the feature is locked to a specific playlists, but the majority of the other playlists stay vanilla, then will the majority hinder the feature that has been added to specific lists? In this case either go big or don’t try it at all. It’s all speculative of course, but I hate to see it just become some throw away feature and because of that become niche and eventually 343 doesn’t even try to update or refine it.

Populations of ranked compared to social in every game ever shows that it is a niche feature, which is probably why it's a waypoint feature and not in-game. Also consider that the majority of players probably don't visit waypoint to look at stats.

Computron

Cool, I found a way to look at all the tags in Halo 2 maps in essentially a debug/modding mode.

Now I can know exactly how to place the all of the weapon/player/vehicle/objective spawns in my Foundation remake, the way they were in Halo 2 originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom